Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?!

Re: Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?

Wow that sounds and looks great! If I'm honest about it, there's no way I can be set up in my climber any faster than that.
The quality and common sense used in the design are what really got my attention.
Two more questions. I noticed a cinch strap instead of a ratchet strap on the sticks. Is there any slipping on the tree? And then the big one. How do I convince my wife that I NEED this stand?!!!
grin.gif

vike4life,
Nope no slipping. hook one end on the versa button wrap it around the tree pull it tight, step on it to "seat" it against the tree and it is solid. It really is slick. Can't help you out with the spousal unit, that one is yours to figure out...
busted.gif

The only modification I am going to make is to fill the sticks with "good stuff" to deaden the sound if they do happen to bang together.

You will not be dissappointed.

Stu,
I will be taking orders at the iowa deer classic and will put you down for two.
waytogo.gif

Limb,

Sounds great, what do you need from me???

Great Buck's guy's!!!Just goe's to show ya the knowledge base we have on this one of a kind site.
waytogo.gif

I'm wonderin' if just maybe, good stand location, based on hours of observation of deer behavior, may have had something to do with those huge bucks being taken?
tongue.gif

course you can't rule out pure damn luck
grin.gif

So these aren't a climber then? I have not heard of those stands before. Any explanation or pictures of them set up? Thanks.

Welcome to Iowawhitetail, ReleaseHunter. Lone Wolf manufactures 2 types of climbers, the hang on in the poster and climbing sticks. They have a great product. Here's a link for you.
Lone Wolf

Thanks! I will save that site in my favorites. I am in the long process of opening up my own Archery and Hunting shop, complete with indoor ranges, in Oskaloosa. I may be contacting this company to sell them in my store.

The process is very long and I am currently developing my business plan for presentation to the bank and Small Business Administration. It is going to take some time to get the building built and opened. But, it is never too late for getting manufacturers lined up.

Hey Limb,

I wasn't able to get down to the Iowa Classic last year because of a scheduling conflict between the wife and I. Are there any Lone Wolf/Iowawhitetail.com posters left and if so, can I get a couple of them???

Thanks,
Stu

For some reason when I got my Alpha Hang on I put the V bracket on and went out the tree and set it up about 2 foot off the ground. Sat in it for a bit. Then when I was attempting to strap the sticks to the stand I noticed that the V bracket on the stand was bent. I thought maybe it was like that to hug the tree better. Then I saw Muddy's stand and his wasn't bent. I emailed Lone Wolf. It took a bit for them to respond but they are sending me a new V bracket ASAP. I checked out their site and they do sell them for $5. It's nice they are not going to stick me for the $5 and shipping though.

I am looking at getting this setup..can I ask what kind of safety vest/harness you guys use with this setup that is easy to get on and works while climbing and once in the stand? I have gotten two cheap thread-on safety harnesses and they are both time consuming and don't allow me to dress cool and walk in the woods..I have to get dressed and put them on over the clothing I wear. Looking for something quick to put on that allows me to put it under my clothing or easy on once in the woods.

Seat O'Pants Safety Harness. Not the easiest but the safest. I think now they have simplified it so it is easier to distinguish what goes where. Alot of good comments on the Vest Harnesses as well.

I bought a Hunters Saftey System vest to try out. It went on easy but talk about heavy! In the early season you'd sweat to death in the thing. Headgear just got a Seat O the Pants harness and it looks to be a much better setup. I returned the HSS harness and I think I'll go with the Seat O the Pants harness.

Seat O The Pants for me as well. I have been using mine since 1998 and it does take a few hunts to get used to it but it's well worth it. I just bought my 9 year old one as well with the climbing rope now that's the cats a$$. I may start using it myself
grin.gif

Top Bottom