Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?!

Been eyeballing this stand for quiet while but one thing I don't think I will like is the foam seat, looks uncomfortable to me. Can't stand myself wiggle in the stand in all day hunt because of it. Before I put in consideration to buy the stand. Any positive/negative side about the seat? Thanks.

It is a very comfortable seat. The stand allows for plenty of adjustment. they have a foot rest attachment I have not tried yet but I would think that would just add to the comfort. They also have great customer service, as they recently updated a couple of my stands with new adjustment bolt for the leveling adjustment. No charge! I guess you get what you pay for fits here.

I was wanting to know if you can get better deals on a Lone Wolf at the Deer Classic or if thier the same price everywhere.
wedgie.gif

Would be nice to find one on sale. Did alot of search on sites looking for some. I'd say just about all of them are the same price. In ebay, only hang on I see its direct from their company. Seems like nobody want to give up their LW hang-on in ebay!

i bought my lone wolf hanger with the climbing sticks at the illinois deer & turkey classic in feb. 2003. four other guys and i all bought one at the same time. he gave us each $20 off the top and we took them home with us that day. to sum up the stand - quiet, comfortable, and easy to set up. just what i am looking for.

Re: Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?

i would love to buy one but i cant afford them. i think im goin to settle for an ol' man climber.

If Lone Wolf would design a stand with the old LocOn Windwalker size, with LONEWOLF metal, I would own ten. Just too heavy and it wont fit in my pack...

[ QUOTE ]
i would love to buy one but i cant afford them. i think im goin to settle for an ol' man climber.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm remembering some of my prices correctly for what an Ol'Man climber costs you should be able to afford a Lone Wolf stand and sticks. If anything get the stand and a dozen high quality tree steps and you're WAY under the climber cost.

BlakeH,
This year they came out with the Scout. 8 lbs and smaller cast aluminum platform...They are much like the older stand but with a bigger seat and all the adjustments of the new ones...They are sweet and light! BTW I can get ya 10.
grin.gif

Hey Guys,

I'm new here to the site, and man, what can I say, happy to be here! I'm actually the designer for Lone Wolf, my name is Todd Pringnitz... I know several of you guys from the other sites around, but it appears as though the boys at Iowawhitetail know a thing or two about slamming some real pigs! I'm heading on my first trip to Iowa this fall, and man I can't wait!

Thanks for all the feedback, you guys are what Lone Wolf is all about!

Welcome Todd......LW has a huge following here.

Todd,
Welcome to the site...glad you finally made it over here! Enjoy!

Welcome to the site Todd, LOVE the stands!

Welcome, Todd! I'll be buying my first treestand this summer and it will be a Lone Wolf Alpha Hang On. I'm waiting to order until they come out with the upgrades to the seat. I heard those updgrades are supposed to come out this summer.

The new seats should be ready within the month, with the new seat casting. We tested the new castings this past hunting season, and man, what a difference in comfort. The adjustment feature is also sweet. Allows you to adjust the seat to ANY tree angle. There is also a new "V-Bracket" that makes set-ups on those crooked tree's a cinch! Locks the stand rock-solid even with a single belt on the crookedest trees you can find. On top of that we've got the Assault Hang-On coming out late spring early summer.

Later this summer we will be introducing a 3rd Hang-On stand as well. This stand is called the Ergo and has a lower back support that will adjust to any tree, at any angle. Basically it's like a small back-rest that is positioned to help correct the “slump†that eventually happens when sitting on post. This positions your body to better support your lower back, thus, providing long-lasting comfort. I’ve got lower back problems, and it addresses them. Lone Wolf all the way; quiet, light-weight (about 11.5 lbs.), and totally adjustable. With the new seat and pad, this will answer the prayers of many-a-hunter! The Ergo will be available as a new stand or an accessory for the guys who already have Alpha Hang-ons. Not sure of the availability yet but you can bet I'll keep you posted. We're still testing prototypes and trying some different stuff but I'm going to bust my tail to have it available by fall. Patent Pending BTW....

Ok, enough of that stuff. How did you guys do in the woods this fall? I’m sure you’ve been over this about a million times by now, but enlighten me! Tell me all about you’re season, how you did, where you were hunting, and if you were lucky enough to kill something along the way.

My season started out awesome. I was hunting a lot in Illinois, seeing a lot of deer, some really nice bucks, but just couldn’t connect with a good one. Ended up hunting 32 days in Illinois from October 1st until November 5th. Had seen a lot of really nice bucks but just couldn’t catch a break. Along the way I passed probably 6 or 7 bucks that were 110-130†bucks. Weather sucked, rained a lot, winds were just all over the place. Anyway, frustrated, drove home to Michigan on November 5th, planning on taking the weekend off hunting to catch up on work and gain some composure. Just burned out! I mustered enough energy to go out to a farm I had permission to hunt on about 15 minutes from my house. I had the most awesome night in the woods as I’ve ever had while hunting in Michigan. Saw 18 deer, 3 bucks, and slammed a 130 class eight after grunting him in. I wouldn’t think about shooting this deer if I was hunting down in Illinois, Iowa, you know, but this was the largest buck I’ve seen in 16 years of hunting in Michigan. I was pumped! Hunted through gun season and headed back down to Illinois on Thanksgiving Eve. Drove 10 hours through the worst snow storm I’ve ever driven though. Trip usually took 5 hours. I swear I saw 1,000 cars in the ditch on that drive. Hunting Thanksgiving day with no luck, just a lot of snow on the ground. Next morning nothing. That day I moved a stand into an area I’d hunted before but changed trees. Grunted a 140 class 9-Point in to 15 yards and smoked him! Couldn’t believe it! After loosing all hopes of killing a deer in Illinois this year, bam, there he was! Got to love bowhunting~!

Top Bottom