Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?!

Re: Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?

Todd, this was my first year in a LoneWolf, took a doe and my best buck to date. Here's a link to him for the story and some pics. There are 4 or 5 pages of comments so be patient.
smile.gif
The pics are sort've scattered all over in the post.

SPIKE

I seen the new hang on stand at the deer classic. Paired with the climbing sticks it should be a deadly combo. I am currently using the hand climber and love it. Can't wait to get the new hang on and the sticks though.

How high will the three climbing sticks get yah?

[ QUOTE ]
How high will the three climbing sticks get yah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how tall ya are. Being about 6'2" I can get around 16-18 feet or so IF everything sets up perfect.

I bought an extra stick and get up to between 17-19 ft.

Paid for one of the new stands at the Classic and I'm going nuts waiting for it to arrive. After hearing all the great comments about these stands I'm really looking forward to this fall!!!
-Longspurs-

I bought the new LW and Sticks this wek end at the Ohio Deer and turkey expo. Wanst planning on spending $400 at the show but............

Those of you that have bought LW stands....you will not regret it!!!!! To me, they are the most versatile stands on the market.

I started bow hunting in 1974. Over the years I have used 17-18 different brand name and models of stands. Some climbers and some hang-ons. Hands down the Lone Wolf Alpha Hang-On is the best and most versatile stand I have ever used.

This post reminds me: Are the new hang-on stands available yet? If not when are they expected?

almost ready but none have shipped yet. From one of Limb's buddies.

They won't be in-stock for a couple of months yet. Don't worry, they will be in-stock long-before the season.

[ QUOTE ]
Been eyeballing this stand for quiet while but one thing I don't think I will like is the foam seat, looks uncomfortable to me. Can't stand myself wiggle in the stand in all day hunt because of it. Before I put in consideration to buy the stand. Any positive/negative side about the seat? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

MQ1zhooter, I have sat many hours in the Lone Wolf. Comfort shouldn't be a problem if you wear multiple layers. I did an all day sit once with only one layer. My butt has never been so sore except for the time Limb Chicken and I went camping.
wink.gif

Apologies to everyone. I owe Limb a couple.
grin.gif

V, I'm not sure how or if I should respond. Does this involve a picture? If so, I don't know what you are talking about.
blush.gif

The biggest advantages of the Lone Wolf Climbers compared to the other designs on the market, is the quietness of the stands in transport, set-up, climbing, and of-coarse hunting. There is absolutely zero "clinking" or metallic noise with this stand. I've owned several tubular climbers, and I honestly don't know how guys can use them when trying to be stealth in the woods....

Rubber traction belts are the best design on the market, both quiet, and super-easy (and fast) to set-up. Also notice they carry the same 350 lb. weight rating as every-other Lone Wolf stand. Once in position they bit into a tree very well, and are very safe.

The Sit & Climb is the “comfortable” climbing stand that Lone Wolf offers. It is as comfortable as any other climber, yet still only weighs 17.5 lbs. Of all the “Sit and Climb” style climbers, it’s about the least complicated design I’ve ever seen.

If your a guy who wants to bring nothing more than necessary into the field, the Hand-Climber is tough to beat. At only 14.5 lbs, the thing is just as simple as it gets. This stand is a favorite among the Lone Wolf pro-staff, as it's the ticket for runnin' and gunnin' for trophy bucks! It set's up in about 30 seconds.

Also, both stands pack extremely well, at only 3.5" thick, you can sneak through the thickest, nastiest timber without making a sound. That's the Lone Wolf difference!

Top Bottom