Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MN hunters sue Scentlok

Re: MN hunters sue Scentlok and Scentblocker

Help me follow along, but isn't the suit over the fact that the suit cannot be renewed, or reactivated as advertised, and not weather or not the carbon collects odors.

I agree with what THA4 said on the first page of this forum...however i want to add a few things to it

Obviously we all know that it is completely impossible to eliminate ALL human odor. I don't think that the company has ever implied that by wearing their suit, you will be 100% scent free gauranteed. I have been using scent blocker for about 4 years now and i know that this isn't true. I also know that scentblocker sends a dvd with all of their products that show's how to effectively use their product. the dvd is called "secrets of the pro's" and i suggest that anyone that is serious about scent control to check it out. The dvd would be good evidence in favor of the company because not only does it show how to use the products, it also stresses the fact that their products require extreme attention to detail, and that they are not 100% effective, in more simple terms, it is a CONTROL MECHANISM not a complete solution to the problem.

Also, i have not seen any advertising that suggests that their carbon suits completly eliminate odor, they might be out there, but i have yet to see them. A good point that i am stealing from sureshot1 is that advertising can be taken any many different ways. For example, compare the AXE commercials advertising technique. Basically the AXE company portrays in their commercials that if you spray yourself with AXE, women will pummell you! Now we all know that is bogus, however it can be interpreted in many different ways. So scentlok says that they completely eliminate odor? how is that any different? Another example is when you see all kinds of adds stating "get this free" or "earn 10,000 a month from your home" ....False advertising is everywhere today. People need to be able to read between the lines.

I think it would be a shame if scentlok or scent blocker were to go out of business because some guys want attention or money. Personally, aside from the carbon liner, i think they make EXCELLENT bow hunting clothing. The designs are great, the material doesn't fade, and their gear is comfortable. Yeah, so it has a carbon liner, but the liner is merely an extra element to a great product.
Personally, i don't think the four men sueing scent lok are going to win this battle. There is too much of a gray area, and no amount of science is going to overcome the "advertising phenomenon". On top of that, the company as many back doors to get out of this one. Yeah, the might have said up front that it is 100% effective, however, just like anything else, if you read the fine print, there is ALWAYS more to the story!

smile.gif
....just my thoughts on the issue

the only thing that bothers me about the scentlok type products, is that they claim a household dryer will reactivate the carbon, when there is SO much science out there saying its impossible. i'm sure the carbon in the suits, works, until its saturated with scent. no idea how much scent that takes. its possible that by the time you buy the suit, its been so exposed to scent, that the carbon may be ineffective. it would make a bit more sense if the suits were stored in an air tight bag until purchase.

If there is anybody on here wants to get rid of their scent loc after this ordeal just send it to me. I'm not afraid to use it, especially the leafy wear, it breaks up your outline in a tree pretty well.
grin.gif

Top Bottom