Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mushrooms

Stupid or not..they are growing!

pretty much my point, dude.

I try to remind people every year that going out and finding the first single shroom that grows means pretty much nothing. Wait (3-5 days with these conditions) and your efforts will be more rewarded.

Then again, I don't mind the early birds going out there and burning themselves out before it's truly the "right time" to find masses

I checked out a coupld spots this morning before work and didn't have any luck, but, the may apples are getting close to a foot tall already in my timber.

Another week is probably right but with the rain this week and the temps and sunshine through the weekend its a good possibility

In going out in central Iowa on Sunday. It will be a good cure to the hangover I am sure I'll have after my buddy's bachelor party. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a shed or two. And maybe find a few little grays.

Got rained out today at work so decided to check foodplots. Dad, my brother and I looked under a couple of trees and found these greys, Dad said first time he ever found mushrooms in March. Nice prime tree on south hill side.

IMG_0242.jpg

I've looked everyday this week and only finding boletes, mayapples started poppin this last week and the apple trees bloomin, gonna look again this afternoon, but I'm thinkin tmmrw might be the day if this sun stays out and does it's thing

Thats what im hoping, its already getting super humid outside, i have been finding alot of mushrooms just not the right kind so hopefully with the sun and humidity after the rain the morels will pop

:way: 50yds into the first draw we went in we found a patch of greys, got enuff for supper and headed in.
010.jpg

011.jpg

Pretty sure tommorrow we'll prolly be at it all day

Top Bottom