Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mushrooms

I also found this today. I believe it is an edible elephant ear but I am not sure. Anyone know for sure before I eat it...
picture.php

I'd try a small bite raw first and give it a couple hrs to see how it affects you. That is one of the false morels and they do tend to make a few people purge. If any mushroom you find is identified as edible and you've never tried them it's always good to take this precaution, some people can eat certain ones, and some can't, it's all about individual body chemistry. When ya cook shrooms some toxins will be concentrated and act faster, so eat a small bite raw first before you pig out.

I must have gone about this thing all wrong. I didn't find a thing in about 2 hours of hunting. I'm not sure if they winded me or heard the truck door slam shut. Seriously though, I'm looking on the banks of the Missouri river. I don't know if the flooding last summer would have much effect or not. There is a lot of sand in some places. Anybody have much success near the mo river?

Found about 1/2 pound of small greys this afternoon in Madison County. Really fresh like they came up last night or this morning.

In southeast NE, basically across the river from Riverton, IA, my wife and I found a little over 5 #'s today. A load of small greys. The biggest one a yellow was max 4".

I hope we get a little more rain to keep things going of this heat spell could be the end.

She's making fetticine with morels this week with some of them and then another dish she will make, a morel sauce with mashed potatoes and turkey. We'll also have some breaded and fried:)

Went out today and found bout 2#s. all on the river bottoms but i hit 3 spots and found all in the first one. alot of walking for nothing on the other 2 spots. All small but most were yellows though.

Im going out today to pull my trail cams and hopefully find a couple shrooms. Weather has been amazing in SE iowa.

You all suck with your morel finding! Except for Ristro, who sent me a very appreciated batch last year! :way:

You all suck with your morel finding! Except for Ristro, who sent me a very appreciated batch last year! :way:

Just trying to keep you happy AZ. :D

I really would like to come on down Elk or Goulds hunting sometime. :drink1:

Seriously though no problem. That is what people do for other people.

Just trying to keep you happy AZ. :D

I really would like to come on down Elk or Goulds hunting sometime. :drink1:

Seriously though no problem. That is what people do for other people.

Words can't even express how much that made my day last year! More than a decade without them and my wife liked them!! :way:

My door is always open, so come down anytime.

Words can't even express how much that made my day last year! More than a decade without them and my wife liked them!! :way:

My door is always open, so come down anytime.

Trust me I will take you up on it. :p

You will have to let me know how to start applying for that Gould's tag.

I did find a few mushrooms last weekend but they were really tiny.

I hope they are not a bust in NE Iowa this year. We need moisture and

hot weather before the grass gets to high.

Trust me I will take you up on it. :p

You will have to let me know how to start applying for that Gould's tag.

Its expensive for a NR, since you have to buy a NR license every year whether or not you get drawn ($151.25 for the license + $77.75 for turkey tag). If you don't get drawn you will get all but $7.50 of your tag $$ back, plus you get a bonus point for the following year. If you don't get drawn, then you just get your NR license that you are stuck with and head down and we'll go get OTC archery tags and chase desert muley or Coue's whitetail and you can get drawn easy enough for javelina to make sure you get your money's worth of that NR license. :way: That mandatory license to enter the lottery is why none of my other friends/family come hunt with me. I hate that rule. :thrwrck:

Its expensive for a NR, since you have to buy a NR license every year whether or not you get drawn ($151.25 for the license + $77.75 for turkey tag). If you don't get drawn you will get all but $7.50 of your tag $$ back, plus you get a bonus point for the following year. If you don't get drawn, then you just get your NR license that you are stuck with and head down and we'll go get OTC archery tags and chase desert muley or Coue's whitetail and you can get drawn easy enough for javelina to make sure you get your money's worth of that NR license. :way: That mandatory license to enter the lottery is why none of my other friends/family come hunt with me. I hate that rule. :thrwrck:

How long does it take to get drawn usually??

Top Bottom