Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MY bow is better than yours..

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
So just thought I would throw up a post about why my bow is awesome. Its not fast. Or brand new....

But my strings ARE PIMP!!

Ok so I met andy down at double A archery last fall and I knew I had the perfect match for him. MY SWITCHBACK XT!! So I brought it in after the season was over and I could tell it was love at first sight.

Ok. maybe not. But I needed some new strings and I am really happy with what they did. They look sweet. Everything is tied in great. My string loop is even top notch. A lot of archery shops suck at string loops. But they did good. I also had them throw on a sight, new bisquit, and tune everything up. Its shooting sweet and looking good. All the PSE's hang in the corner and bat there eyes if you know what I mean.

also I took andys advice and shot some radial weaves this fall. So I do have a little PSE in me and I think i like them. Tough arrows and well... they are just plain tough.

This does it no justice but it is the coolest string I have had. its bright green and black. And about a month of heavy shooting and no sign of stretch or wear. I like it.

SANY0168.jpg

SANY0169.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, your posts are funny........

P.S.,..... Lime green,(pimp),uuuummmmmmm not so much.</div></div>

After seeing your fro I will not be taking pimp advice from you. :p

OK OK you guys wanna see a pimp bow. Ill show you a pimp bow tomorrow after work. Keep in mind ive shot 5 arrows through it. killed 4 deer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Careful Nick, Andy will try to turn you to the dark side if you let your guard down........

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif We are working on him Thomas!!! You should see the him smile when those PSE are being shoot around him!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments Nick!!! Glad we could help!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Careful Nick, Andy will try to turn you to the dark side if you let your guard down........

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

I am always on the defense. The only temptation I have had is watching x-forces at 350+. SMOKING

gundog870 I am always on the defense. The only temptation I have had is watching x-forces at 350+. SMOKING [/quote said:
yea....makes my poor old parker look like an old lady with a walker....i guess it's a good thing the deer never ask how fast my bow shoots, or they would feel pretty stupid being shot by it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> yea....makes my poor old parker look like an old lady with a walker....i guess it's a good thing the deer never ask how fast my bow shoots, or they would feel pretty stupid being shot by it. </div></div>

That my friend is funny! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Hey Gundog, what brand of string is it? Custom made?

Yup!! I partner with a local guy who makes incredible strings! Called "Scott Strings"! He is going national now! For me personally, I love the strings, and he is the only string maker I will use!! Shhhh... Don't tell PSE, they want me using someone else, but I go with what I like best and Scott Strings are great! And they are cheap! Strings, Cables, install and full bow tune up runs about 85 bucks. And you can choose any colors you want!

Sorry, didn't mean to promote, but I pull for the small companies when the products are good, and Scott Strings has got it down!!!

promote all you want. I think they are the cats meow /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif dont get excited bonks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Scott Strings</div></div>

Andy, is this the same guy that has an ad in the Iowa Bowhunter?

What does he use for serving on the solo cams? Looks like quality strings /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But then Im kind of partial to custom strings myself /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anybody got any pics of any other colors other than the LimeGreen on Black. Ive seen limegreen on orange(hoyt)

I wanna get a customer colored string just dont know what yet. I was thinking limegreen on blue.

Dean

New string and a rubberband on your peep? Lose the rubberband. A creep free, prestretched quality string make rubberbands a thing the the 90's.

Fullquiver, not sure if it the same guy or not!

Also, I am working on making a board where you can twist different colors together to see what they look like! I will have it at the Iowa sport show in CF!

Steve O, on solo cam bows he uses #62 serving and on the ends he uses 3D, and yup, they are top notch. Anyone will be able to view the ones on my bows down at the classic or at the Iowa sports show!

HCH
They are prestretched, but some people choose to have the rubberband as a extra precaution! Presonally, I don't use them, but if you maintain the tubing, you never have to worry about it!!

Not that I'm a fan of HCH and I'm not bashing Andy but there really is no need for the rubber. Let that string settle (probably won't settle much) and serve it in good ( like the picture below). If you serve it like this I promise it won't move.

Although a little added precaution never hurt anyone. BTW green and black strings are sweet looking. Looks Good.

Guardian005.jpg

Green and Black?

Dude...

Shouldn't it be purple and white up that way... with little pixie wings and stuff?

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Not that I can really brag on anything except the wrestling program down here.

Yeah, I'm a tough internet/keyboard thug. In person I'd have to pack a lunch! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New string and a rubberband on your peep? Lose the rubberband. A creep free, prestretched quality string make rubberbands a thing the the 90's.</div></div>

For the record. I have never seen andy use the tubing on ANY bow he sets up. I like the rubber thingy. It was my choice to have it on there. I like it. works slick. There is not a negative thing about it that affects me.

SO there. when I am out in shooting monster button bucks I dont even have to think about it.

Top Bottom