Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MY bow is better than yours..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New string and a rubberband on your peep? Lose the rubberband. A creep free, prestretched quality string make rubberbands a thing the the 90's.</div></div>

For the record. I have never seen andy use the tubing on ANY bow he sets up. I like the rubber thingy. It was my choice to have it on there. I like it. works slick. There is not a negative thing about it that affects me.

SO there. when I am out in shooting monster button bucks I dont even have to think about it. </div></div>

I'll agree and disagree............While removing the tubing will gain you a couple feet per second speed wise, and also quiet your release, it is nice to know that you'll never have to worry about your peep turning at the "moment of truth". I know this because it's happened to me once in the past. For the record though, I still don't use one anymore.

5546100_1178.jpg

Here is my Switchback XT with custom strings I am a huge Bears Fan so I got Blue and Orange. My buddy got lime green and yellow

My was Crackerized!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New string and a rubberband on your peep? Lose the rubberband. A creep free, prestretched quality string make rubberbands a thing the the 90's.</div></div>

For the record. I have never seen andy use the tubing on ANY bow he sets up. I like the rubber thingy. It was my choice to have it on there. I like it. works slick. There is not a negative thing about it that affects me.

SO there. when I am out in shooting monster button bucks I dont even have to think about it. </div></div>
Glad you like it, just not necessary. It is the biggest loss of speed that one can do to a bow according to Bowtech. Loss of 6-10 fps; not to mention the additional noise created in the release.

Just made this post to show these sweet strings. I like them thanks for the conmments and thoughts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'll agree and disagree............While removing the tubing will gain you a couple feet per second speed wise, and also quiet your release, it is nice to know that you'll never have to worry about your peep turning at the "moment of truth". I know this because it's happened to me once in the past. For the record though, I still don't use one anymore. </div></div>

I will agree and disagree with you also. There is alot of comfort knowing the peep will be in line perfectly but i do not have alot of comfort woring about losing an eye if the peep desides to brake when i pull it back. I have seen it alot at my local shop. Even from newer tubing. It just happens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New string and a rubberband on your peep? Lose the rubberband. A creep free, prestretched quality string make rubberbands a thing the the 90's.</div></div>

Glad you like it, just not necessary. It is the biggest loss of speed that one can do to a bow according to Bowtech. Loss of 6-10 fps; not to mention the additional noise created in the release.</div></div>

if you had a clue what you were talking about you would see as soon as you looked at my bow that I have no desire to have a fast bow. There is nothing fast about that. I'd also like you to try and hear the difference in noise my bow make with it on.... dont talk to me abut noise, thats rediculous.

As far as the necessity. I think I will decide that. Reading archery talk does not make you an expert. Try talking out of the correct orifice.

</div></div>Well the problem is, is that I DO have a clue. I have forgot more about archery than you will ever know. I stated the FACTS about a rubberband on a string, NOISE and LOSS of speed. Don't cry over the facts. If you want to spend $$ on a custom string and then go and stick a rubberband on it go for it. Makes no sense though, might as well of put on a cheap string. BTW, maybe you should read a little Archerytalk or contact a proshop B4 you make stupid comments.

HCH, eaze up....Gundog was just showing off his new strings. You have expressed your feelings on the tube, you can leave it at that.

This quoting people is driving me mad...you fellas need to use the ignore option.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Hello gentleman and ladies if there are any out there!</span>
Just got my user name registered and found this thread right away!
I'm Scott from Scotts Strings
I want to thank gundog and Andy for the kind words!
If you have any questions about my strings let me know.
I'm an OLD guy and not very good at this posting crap so have a little heart!
Trust me I'm better at strings than most anything to do with a computer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ServingSpinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Hello gentleman and ladies if there are any out there!</span>
Just got my user name registered and found this thread right away!
I'm Scott from Scotts Strings
I want to thank gundog and Andy for the kind words!
If you have any questions about my strings let me know.
I'm an OLD guy and not very good at this posting crap so have a little heart!
Trust me I'm better at strings than most anything to do with a computer.</div></div>

WElcome man. i love the strings. Wont ever go with anything else from now on.

How do you feel about making strings for a recurve??

I was down in Iowa this past week from ND visiting my good friend THA4.

We stopped over at Andy's shop on sat.

All I got to say is that he runs a great shop over there in Waterloo.

A+ in my book of archery shops. If I lived in the area, I would probably be shooting a PSE right now. But I don't, so I will stick with my Mathews. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Sorry Andy!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Let me know if you get another one of those Diablos in though!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shouldn't it be purple and white up that way... with little pixie wings and stuff?
</div></div>

Good one Muddy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Looks like a good set up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Let me know if you get another one of those Diablos in though!! </div></div>

I will have three in next week! And will be ordering 6 more in March!!

Thanks for the compliments!! It was great meeting you, and let me know when our hunt can take place! I am there!

Even though I do shoot a Mathews, I am a big fan of PSE bows and I think the company has really come up with something special with the X Force.

Andy I may be paying you a visit soon to get some of those pimped out strings for my XT, maybe I'll shoot some of your bows too!

Just thought i would let you know that i actually have the best bow, /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Yup, no bells or whistles just man's bow /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I have the tube style peep, i like it. I do really wish that i had sweet strings on mine, i would get them, but i'm ready for an upgrade in bows.

Notice below, my tubifiedered peep, hehe it even has a knot in it!!! Go ahead all you bow experts tell me what is wrong with that /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
SANY0180.JPG

I guess since gunny just wanted to show off his new strings...

Hey gundog i like the strings.

Speaking of upgrades ANDY, i was in the shop today (thursday) and i was ready to do some bow shopping, for TWO bows nonetheless and you weren't there, So me and gundog went up and shot techno and i whipped his butt, so i decided i may not need another bow after all!!!

But for real next time i'm in we may need to throw some ideas around.

Scott,
Welcome to the site but I have a question.... On the serving for the solo cam, why the #62? (Which I got from Andy on a question I asked earlier in the thread) I have seen that solocams are extremely tough on the serving around the cams and the serving starts to seperate around the cams much sooner then the binaries, which in my case caused premature string wear. Anyway do you happen to use Halo on these types of cams at all and whay is your experience if so. I didnt have any issues with the seperation of the Halo after it was installed. (P.S. I know about the cost of the Halo, if that was going to be 1 of your answers /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )

Thanks for the input, I just like to pick your guys brains cause this stuff facinates the crap out of me.

Feel free to PM me with answer if you wish and no I dont build my own strings, I dont have that kind of time.

Steve

Top Bottom