Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
I just camo'ed these out today with Ultimate camo cloth tape. It quieted them a lot, and definitely conceals them better. I am toying with the idea of blowing expandable foam in them to further quiet them. I added the UCR's(Utility Constriction ropes) to them and this lighted my load up by 1 1/2 lbs on 6 sticks and added 2' of extra length. They are also rated for much more poundage than Lone Wolf Straps and no buckles to bang together.

I also just bought a tree saddle, and I have been practicing with it. It is very easy to use and very comfortable. Just another tool in my mobile way of hunting. I never leave a stand out, and what I carry in each hunt, goes out after each hunt. Deer can't pattern me, as I have no pattern. The best time in a stand, is always the 1st time I sit in a stand. It is always the 1st time for me. Since I adopted this type of hunting, I have been having success like I have never known before. Good hunting everyone, and be safe!!

lwu1.jpg

lwu2.jpg

Last edited:
UCR's

Where can I get some of those, they look great. I'd love to get rid of those buckles!
How do you like your GT500? Just ordered one for myself, can't wait.

I am also interested in where you got the rope for the sticks. It looks alot quicker and quieter than the buckles. Thanks

Where can I get some of those, they look great. I'd love to get rid of those buckles!
How do you like your GT500? Just ordered one for myself, can't wait.
Here you guys go. A guy that goes by ZA206 on AT makes and sells them. They are a great product and easy to use. I love the Elite GT500. It chronos at 330 fps and is a very nice drawing bow. How Kevin Strothers gets extreme speed, with a nice drawing quiet bow,and a generous brace height is simply amazing. All 3 of my Elites are very good and fast bows. The invent of the revolution cam that is in the 08.5 and 09 lineup, eliminated any cam lean that previous binary cams are known for.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=UCR%27s

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=UCR%27s

Save your time putting foam into the sticks. I did it and it added more weight than I thought it would. Not much mind you, but enough that I wish I had not done it. I suppose if I did it over I'd only put a small shot into each end of the stick rather than filling them up. It did quiet them down though quite a bit, but since you're not using buckles I wouldn't worry about it.

Those ropes are nice.

Have you tested the ropes to see how well they hold up? You're bigger than I am and want to know if they slip at all.

Have you tested the ropes to see how well they hold up? You're bigger than I am and want to know if they slip at all.
Muddy, they cinch up nicely and there is no more slippage than the stock straps. Once your weight is applied, they lock on. These UCR's are really neat and I bought them late last year and used them on my last hunt of the season. They enabled me to hunt this tree, as it was the only real decent tree in the area and it was too big in diameter for a stock LW strap to get around. Here is the result from that tree on that late, bitterly cold, afternoon set; one of the biggest does I have ever taken.

lwnung.jpg

dondoe.jpg

Save your time putting foam into the sticks. I did it and it added more weight than I thought it would. Not much mind you, but enough that I wish I had not done it. I suppose if I did it over I'd only put a small shot into each end of the stick rather than filling them up. It did quiet them down though quite a bit, but since you're not using buckles I wouldn't worry about it.

Those ropes are nice.
Thanks for the tip

They look great... but from what I read on AT the ropes take two hands to tighten. In the past Ive never used a line mans belt, so I dont think they wouldnt work well for me

Medicsnoke made mention that it takes two hands to tighten and loosen them... that true? I use a linemans belt anyway but being able to tighten and loosen with one hand on the stock straps seems easier.

dont think you'll have much trouble Muddy, they appear to be a copy of the old loc-on treestand ropes.....I always liked that system and never had any issues getting into a tree. If i ever buy rails, this appears to be the ticket!

HCH-
that stand set looks very similar to one of mine.....most guys I've hunted/filmed with wouldn't hunt out of any of my sets, I bet you get that too.

Medicsnoke made mention that it takes two hands to tighten and loosen them... that true? I use a linemans belt anyway but being able to tighten and loosen with one hand on the stock straps seems easier.
2 hands to tighten, one to loosen.

dont think you'll have much trouble Muddy, they appear to be a copy of the old loc-on treestand ropes.....I always liked that system and never had any issues getting into a tree. If i ever buy rails, this appears to be the ticket!

HCH-
that stand set looks very similar to one of mine.....most guys I've hunted/filmed with wouldn't hunt out of any of my sets, I bet you get that too.
Yea...lol... I don't take chances and am very careful and feel very comfortable with my setups. If a person doesn't feel comfortable hunting like this, they have no business doing it. I have a best friend in Story City that only hunts out of a ladder stand and thinks I am nuts. I am self employed, no workmans comp, or someone giving me a paycheck if I get hurt, and tons of bills to pay. I use a linesmans belt with a prussic knot when installing each stick, and while installing my hang on. I always wear a safety harnass while in the stand too. The only time in my life I have been hurt from hunting is 2 1/2 years ago when I was walking up a hill wearing dumb rubber boots, and I slipped and broke an ankle. I have never worn rubber boots again. Last year, I wore danner boots 99% of the time last year and had the best season of my life. Those rubber boots that a lot of the whitetail hunters wear, provide no ankle support and they are way more dangerous imo, than my style of portable hunting. I never leave a stand out, so I do a lot of setups in a given season. Once a guy has a 1/2 a season of setting these up and tearing them down each time he hunts, it becomes very easy. It is something that just becomes second nature. So many guys say that it looks like too much work and that I must get sweaty..etc. I honestly can have a setup like in the pic above, setup in around 15 minutes from the time the stand and sticks leave my back. And I am not rushing or sweating. I install the 1st 2 sticks, go down, climb up with the next step in my hand while I hug the tree and hang the next stick on the top of the highest sticks step or maybe a branch if one is there, and keep doing it like this. I feel that if I have the sticks attached to me, and slip on one of the steps as I am climbing, or a stick step would break, I could impale myself with a stick if it was attached to me or hanging from my belt. I then linesman belt myself in while the next stick rests on the highest stick step or maybe a tree limb. I have a rope tied to my safety harnass that is 35' long, and this is attached to my treestand. To my treestand, I have another 35' rope tied to the stand and on the other end of that rope, my bow and pack. Once my last stick is installed, I keep myself linesman belted in, pull up my stand, and hang it. I get settled in my stand and tether in. I then sit down in my seat, reach down and grab the rope that is tied to my stand that has the bow and pack tied to it, and pull them up. I used to have the Lone Wolf Alpha on my back, but I have a friend that had a friend fall while doing this, and broke his neck and killed himself. I feel that although it may be a little faster, in no way should a guy climb with sticks or a stand attached to him.

Thanks for the replies, these things seem like the way to go. I wonder if they'd work on the LW stand itself?

Thanks for the replies, these things seem like the way to go. I wonder if they'd work on the LW stand itself?
Yea..they work. ZA206, the guy that makes and sells them, uses them on his stand. I have read it in his long threads.

Top Bottom