Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

If anybody local that knows me wants to look at these ropes call and I will let you know when mine get here. I went with 8 footers and will try 6 footers on my stand.

HCH, how long were the ones you ordered? 7 or 8 feet?
I pmed you. everyone else, I bought 6' ones and that is what you see in the pic on the tree. They were just long enough for the 1st step, and I can see why ZA206 started selling them 7', as you can never have too much length.

Was just going to send you an email on it DOR.

We are thinking about pooling $$$ to buy bulk rope and tie them ourselves, just need interested individuals.

I've been using them for the last three years and I like them. They help make the setup a little quieter. They do take two hands sometimes, but a linemans rope is the answer to that issue.

I made my own this year....loved 'em. Nice and quiet, easier to use than I thought. Wish I had done it long before now.
lonewolf.jpg

I think it is the exact same rope that was used to make the UCR's that HCH has. I tried to order UCR's from the same guy that HCH did, but he was backed up and I was afraid that i would not have them in time to hunt with this year. So, after spending more time researching than I care to mention, I stumbled across a few sites that helped me get it done. Here are a few links that helped me out a ton.
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9021
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=139435&postcount=1
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16451
Any other questions, just give me a shout. It is a bit of a challenge, but I had a lot of fun doing it. I made mine extra long so that I could get them around some trees that I never would have been able to hunt with my standard Lone Wolf straps.

Thanks for the link Jake, I've been wanting to make some myself. I have a couple original sets of Rapid Rail ladders that use this style of rope connection, they need replaced and this should do the trick.

For anyone else, I found the rope in Jake's link is 1/4" Samson Tenex for the LW stick UCR application.

BTW, I have the UCR's from the guy on Archery Talk. Concerning his design and my experiences, I believe if the constrictor part of the rope would be extended a little further towards the center of the rope, it may mean less two handed operation. That is the way my old Rapid Rails ropes are designed and they seem to operate just a tad handier. The constrictor portion frictions against the tree and allows the rope to be pulled through without your other hand holding it .

i'm not interested in making them but would be interested in buying some at a discount.:D:way:

This is my 3rd season with using the ucrs and I just love them. I learned how to make them from making whoopie slings as taught to me on hammock forums.com. Amsteel blue is the strongest rope known to man. I use tiny 7/64" diameter for hammocks, and it is rated for 1500 lbs.

no foam, no camo, and a pair of Kwik Straps..... killed a pile of deer with em.

Last edited:
I have samples and pricing for bulk rope coming on Monday. If you are interested in making your own and want to buy the rope at bulk rates start the list here name and lenght. If I don't know you it will be cash in advance. Nothing personal just want to make sure I am not left holding the bag, so to speak. Been there.

JakeWYM What diameter rope did you go with? Best color you found? Everything you need is in Jakes post. The rope can be pricey but in bulk it becomes afordable.

Top Bottom