Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

I'd just like to have one tied for me so I have something to go off of is all. I could do the rest I think.

This is my 3rd season with using the ucrs and I just love them. I learned how to make them from making whoopie slings as taught to me on hammock forums.com. Amsteel blue is the strongest rope known to man. I use tiny 7/64" diameter for hammocks, and it is rated for 1500 lbs.

How have they held up? Do the ropes slip or have they worn at all where they rub the trees?

How have they held up? Do the ropes slip or have they worn at all where they rub the trees?
Lots of use, and look like new. Amsteel(samson rope company) is hard to cut with a razor blade.
Once you do a season of setup and tear downs as a mobile hunter, the learning curve will come to you on how to use these. I wont go back to straps ever. Id show you how to make one if you are ever in Ames.

Hardcore, what size Amsteel on your LW sticks? Is there any ridgedness to the Amsteel like the coated Tenex has?

Last edited:
River, I bought my ucr's off of za206 on at. I just learned how to make them this year when I took up ul hammock making. My amsteel blue hammock rope material looks and feels just like my ucrs from za206.

I've thought of buying a 4th stick, but there's no way I'd want to be 35' up with 6 sticks or more. I don't want that steep of a shot angle. Most of my set ups are for 15 yards and in since I'm a traditional bow hunter. 15' and I'm good.

My biggest complaint(s) are the time it takes to set up a hang on and sticks, but also the noise they make. These ropes could solve part of that.

I always hear people talk about the noise when putting up LW sticks and the straps. I am puzzled, I do not make any noise at all with them. Take the buckle end, put it over the versa button. Continue to hold button while reaching around right side of tree while pulling strap tight if right handed. Reach around with left hand, grab strap and put on other versa button. Then pull tight with right hand. There is no way the buckle can hit the tree or stick doing it this way. Just thought I would throw that out there.

The UCRs look nice but using two hands worries me. I will check Muddys out when he gets his :)

I always hear people talk about the noise when putting up LW sticks and the straps. I am puzzled, I do not make any noise at all with them. Take the buckle end, put it over the versa button. Continue to hold button while reaching around right side of tree while pulling strap tight if right handed. Reach around with left hand, grab strap and put on other versa button. Then pull tight with right hand. There is no way the buckle can hit the tree or stick doing it this way. Just thought I would throw that out there.

The UCRs look nice but using two hands worries me. I will check Muddys out when he gets his :)

I think you are forgetting to acknowledge the panicked flailing happening in the dark. I use gorilla sticks, similar to lone wolf just heavier, and no noise to complain about. At least not noticeable over my labored breathing by the time I slam through all the brush on the way to my tree.

Question for you guys

Do you guys use a fanny pack for a back pack? If not do you just put your pack on top of your stand and sticks?

I put my stand and sticks on top of my pack. I also invented some items and made these items attach to my Badlands monster fanny pack, so that I can hold calls, hold gear, and carry my Lone wolfs or my bow. I started using motorcycle cargo nets for securing sticks to the stand over 5 years ago, and have had countless guys thank me for turning them onto these nets. Get these nets, and you will wonder how u lived without them,

Last edited:
Without getting off of my lazy butt and going to my garage, I would guess maybe 1.5 ft 1.5 ft. Walmarts carry them, and so do most harley stores. I learned about them when using them to pile gear under a T-bag while on motorcycle trips. They have either plastic or metal hooks on all corners, plus several in themiddle on the edges.Approx $5 at wallyworld, and def higher priced at a harley dealer.

Does anyone know of a load test being done on UCR's?

It would be interesting to see what thier holding strength is. Thought about doing it with one of mine but I'm too cheap ( not as cheap as Muddy but close).

I always hear people talk about the noise when putting up LW sticks and the straps. I am puzzled, I do not make any noise at all with them.

I had the most problem with them making noise when packing and unpacking them not while I was climbing.

I had the most problem with them making noise when packing and unpacking them not while I was climbing.

Ditto, I only have URCs on one set of sticks. today I hung some without for my son and I seem to alway ding the bell at least once while hanging or taking down. URCs are going on all of my sticks this off season and I am using them on my stand. I love them.

Does anyone know of a load test being done on UCR's?

It would be interesting to see what thier holding strength is. Thought about doing it with one of mine but I'm too cheap ( not as cheap as Muddy but close).
Here is poundage ratings....these are MUCH stronger then the stock straps that come on the sticks/stands. Heck, us hammock guys hang from scrawny, tiny little 7/64 diameter.
http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=192

Top Bottom