Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Lone Wolf Sticks are ready/Ready for my mobile way of hunting

A splice(which is a bury, which is what we are doing with a Ucr) retains 99-100% of it's strength. Open up the pdf's there and the info is there in the last link.

I just received 120 foot of 1/4 tenex. Similar to Amsteel but as someone stated earlier a little more ridged it appears. .25 a ft is a fraction of Amsteel Blue pricing. with shipping these will cost a little more than $3 for 8 footers.

Just tied my first URC and the only thing I had to do different than the video was tie some 2lb mono around the end of the rope just below the cut strands use to pull the rope through itself for the knot. Without doing this the 12 strand would unbraid much further and make it ugily to complete the knot. I am not 100% sure but the 1/4 Tenex looks just like the stuff used on the ones I purchased from the guy on AT.

This is the second consrictor portion of the URC that I have made. These are pretty easy to make. I am going to try small rubber bands instead of tying the mono to keep the end from unbraiding to far.
538-img00032-20110116-0920.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone post a pic of each piece and the dimentions of that piece. Those things look really cool and not to hard to make.

Thanks Jeremy

This is the constrictor part and I have been using 36 inches of rope. I think I should have used 42 to 48 inches because the constrictor shortens greatly when spread to accept the rope.

Jake what say you on this?

I was using about 36 when I made mine. I think 42 would be right on the nose. Adding a couple inches makes it a lot easier to work with, and give you a little more piece of mind also.
IW- What are you to pull rope with? I used a doubled over wire to do mine, but I am sure there is something much better than that.

Jake I just logged on to ask the same question. I have pulled 2, one with a 2.5 inch yarn needle and one with a bent over wire(taped). On my third one I have been pulling my butt off with the wire and tape and it just seems next to impossible. I am not sure what changed but there must be an easier way. Anybody?

Jake I just logged on to ask the same question. I have pulled 2, one with a 2.5 inch yarn needle and one with a bent over wire(taped). On my third one I have been pulling my butt off with the wire and tape and it just seems next to impossible. I am not sure what changed but there must be an easier way. Anybody?

Sounds like PITA you guys have going here.....let me know when mine are done Ironwood!:D:D

Sounds like PITA you guys have going here.....let me know when mine are done Ironwood!:D:D

Again good Muddy imitation, Hoser!

Really it is a pretty easy. It is, I am sure just a matter of getting the process down.

Top Bottom