Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Bowtech's

Danno1956

Has anyone shot the new 82nd or the 101st airborne's yet? If so what did you think of them? Hand shock? Speed? Draw cycle? I am looking at the 82nd but I'm not sure about that 6 1/8" BH. Not sure how sensitive it will be. I have last years Commander and I like it, but was thinking about trying a speed bow. I am going to shoot them all before I buy, but thought I'd look for some feed back first. BTW does anyone know how I can change my user name, because I don't own any Mathews anymore?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep the name...you're a better man with it! </div></div>

AHHHHHHHHHHH..............

Just doesn't seem right now that I don't have any. I did shoot them for 10 years so in 9 more years I'll change it to Bowtech-Man

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gersdorf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You better leave that one alone Andy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I think I have almost bitten through my tongue now!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gersdorf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You better leave that one alone Andy /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I think I have almost bitten through my tongue now!!!</div></div>

now just hold your breath /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I've shot the new bowtech's, atleast the 82nd and General. The 82nd was very nice, quiet, fast, and shock-free, but I don't like the long ATA. The general, albeit slower, was very quiet and shock-free also. I just would rather have the speed if I can help it. That's why I have my X-force SS. Fast and VERY short! Andy can attest to that. IF you were wanting to get a Mathews, the DXT is a nice bow. It was also top on my list, but could not find one in my draw length around here. I love my SS!

I just bought at X-Force and LOVE IT!! I only have a 27 " draw. Got set up at Double A Arechery and they did a great job. It only has a 6" BH but shoots really well so far. 308 fps at 68 pouns, 373 grain arrow and 27" draw!!! My Hoyt V-tec was 255 fps with same specs! No control issues and the thing that SHOCKED me was that it is quieter than my hoyt! One of the best bow hunters I know, works for Cabelas in Nebraska, picked the Airborne as the next great bow but I have never shot bowtech so can't comment. Seems like the newer bows are making BH less of an issue...don't fear it! Good luck and try em all out...accuracy before speed..but both is nice!

Personally if I was in the market for a speed bow with the smoothest draw I'd go with one of the X Force bows. I shot the 82nd and 101st and was disappointed. However, I did shoot the General and was impressed, but its a lot slower than the airbornes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally if I was in the market for a speed bow with the smoothest draw I'd go with one of the X Force bows.

</div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This post just keeps getting better!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, quit sending PMs to people... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

LOL Only 2!

Hey thanks for the feedback.
I like a longer ATA bow and I like a heavier bow. A couple of the reasons that I'm moving away from Mathews. I did shoot an X-Force last year, but I only shot a couple of arrows thru it. I'll probably try it again this year and shoot a few more arrows.
SEIowaDeerslayer: Just curious what you were dissapointed with. Draw cycle? Speed? Shock?
Again...Thanks for the feedback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, quit sending PMs to people... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Lmao!!!! The new DXTs are very sweet!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mathews-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey thanks for the feedback.
I like a longer ATA bow and I like a heavier bow. A couple of the reasons that I'm moving away from Mathews. I did shoot an X-Force last year, but I only shot a couple of arrows thru it. I'll probably try it again this year and shoot a few more arrows.
SEIowaDeerslayer: Just curious what you were dissapointed with. Draw cycle? Speed? Shock?
Again...Thanks for the feedback. </div></div>

The draw on both the airbornes sucked, to put it bluntly. The shot was good, but it just feels like a speed bow. They are fast though, very fast. That's my personal opinion, and I'm a true believer that there is a bow for everyone. If I were to get a Bowtech I'd get the General as I'm a big fan of that bow. If I were you I'd just shoot them all and pick one that gives you a balance of everything you're looking for. For me if I went with a speed bow, like I said earlier, it'd be the X-Force.

I found the perfect bow for me last year though, and it says Switchback XT on the grip. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I found the perfect bow for me last year though, and it says Switchback XT on the grip. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

you and the rest of the world.. problem is... some wont admit to it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

shot andy's bow a few days ago. was surprised about the minimal hand shock. had a good feel, was light and scary fast. draw is not as smooth as my XT but many would sacrifice that for the major speed difference.

would be a great bow if you are considering a sex change... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Seriously though I believe that was the x-force super short. right andy? I liked it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would be a great bow if you are considering a sex change...
</div></div>

Thats funny right there /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">smooth draw=slow arrow </div></div>

Tee,I just realized after all this time that your photo-shop skills must be coming along well. I looked at your avatar very closely and can see that the "SCALE" is in fact a chronograph and not showing the weight of your turkey but your "Blistering" arrow speed coming out of your bow! 27.28 F.P.S! WOW! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom