Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Results Posted Early

Jake, I hunt in Appanoose and Wayne Counties. I've previously drawn in 04 and 07 and have seen bigger deer in Wayne County for some reason.

You're in two very good counties. I would say that the difference in seeing the big bucks in one vs the other is the farm you are hunting. Both counties are very comparable when it comes to big whitetails. I'll be hunting just one county north of you. What days are you planning on coming?

Usually come the first two weeks in November, but I might try an early October hunt as well if I can get the time off. I figure I should try to take advantage of the tag cause I won't draw again until 2013. I agree with your assessment on why I see bigger deer in Wayne. The Wayne farm seems to be more secluded with little pressure.

Got my second shotgun season tag!!! First time sending in for the shotgun season and I got it!!! It is really going to be a good year now that I know I will pull the trigger on a good buck. Good luck to everyone else!!

aaand another year of not drawing for me..i'll save my iowa dnr/IBA is crooked/corrupt/unfair/backwards/an absolute joke for later.

one of my friends dad's was almost sure he would draw after 3 years of not drawing a bow tag in zone 9. nope.

does anyone have a list of people receiving governor's tags/how many were allocated this year?

I assume you only had 1 point and were asking for a bow tag. Most with two draw. I know some do not but most with two points get an archery tag.

Last edited:
This was my 3rd year applying and i did not get a tag for zone 9 bow. I want to know how i got beat by someone that has ZERO points. Why even have a point system. There is 3 other guys i know that this was there 3rd year for bow in zone 9 and didn't draw.

i had 3 points also,..but did not draw for zone 4,...only 6 out of 10 drew for zone 4, all with 3 points. thats' what makes it feel so good when you get it

The people that get govenor's tags are never know to the public.Or even how many there are.I have asked several times.But just a bit of info.Stan Potts,Bill Jordan,Michael Waddel,Jackie Bushman and Brad Farris didn't draw tags either so you know where those tags will be going.

Good, cuz I doubt anybody really gives a damn.

Exactly, why even open your mouth?? If you don't like it......don't apply because we don't need that bullcrap in the state anyway. There is a reason why the state of iowa is by far the best trophy whitetail state in the nation imo.

Top Bottom