Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage broadheads

tyhambone said:
Yeah, very tough, there's no blood

Watch for buzzards and crows the next couple days, should lead you right to the general area where he is. Cape and meat will be shot but antlers will b there.

Thanks for all the advice. Think I will stick with my Spitfires. I fixed the issue with planing (operator's error), and they are dead-on now. Now if October 1st would only get here!

I think more of the issue is shot placement rather then what head you are shooting. You put your arrow in the right spot and dont take dumb shots recovery shouldnt be a problem. Ive lost deer before and I have never once blamed the broadhead. It was my fault. Its almost always operator error in placing the arrow in the right spot. If you do make a bad shot back out and leave the deer lay. Too many stories Ive heard of people trying to recover to quick jump the deer and sometimes never finding it ever!

Bonehunter24 said:
I think more of the issue is shot placement rather then what head you are shooting. You put your arrow in the right spot and dont take dumb shots recovery shouldnt be a problem. Ive lost deer before and I have never once blamed the broadhead. It was my fault. Its almost always operator error in placing the arrow in the right spot. If you do make a bad shot back out and leave the deer lay. Too many stories Ive heard of people trying to recover to quick jump the deer and sometimes never finding it ever!

Perfectly put

The way I see it, a fixed blade can't fail. Mechanicals fail too much. It happens to people every year. I'm glad there have been people having luck with them, but mechanicals, especially rage are either hit or miss. You couldn't pay me to use a mechanical, especially not rage. They do great for a lot of people and that's great, but I'm not going to take chances. Fixed blade for me.

Yeah and just like stated above; I dont care what head you shoot, if you make a poor shot its not gonna work too well. Fixed blades will not fly as true as a rage head, no arguements here its proven. So there is give and take no matter what you choose. I have shot 4 with the rage and countless others with other broad heads, I recovered the 4 shot with the rage just the same. They were all pass throughs but one, and I hit too high to due string jump and spined that deer. I dont care what you shoot, if your not accurate and confident in your equipment then your going to be doing a lot of tracking.

I personally have not shot rages mainly due to the amount of stories I've heard about bad experiences with them. I have previously used mechanicals but am switching to magnus buzzcuts this year. Can't agree more with the above post, if you can't hit the killzone, no broadhead will be "perfect".

He ended up recovering his deer today, I dont know how there wasn't a good blood trail, he shot him perfectly. The rage put a big hole on him. He just got lucky and found him

Just shot a doe last night with a spitfire, blood everywhere, quartering away, went thru ribs and offside shoulder, shot deer with rage in same spot that did not bleed as much or go down near as quick

20ed994f.jpg
[/IMG]

Spitfires are the bees knees, for a low draw weight bow I recommend wasp bosses, my wife shot a Dow last night with one, she got a clean pass-thru and there was a good blood trail

Don't understand why the deer didn't bleed if that hole is where he hit him. What did he end up hitting? Hole looks good, maybe a little low and back, but can't tell from the pic.

I think this thread got a little off track but to the OP, I shot Rage for a couple of years and didn't have any issues. I shot several does and 1 200+ pound buck with them and all but 1 of them fell within sight or where I could hear them fall. I lost 1 deer (a doe) a few years ago with them and it was a poor hit. I got nervous, rushed the shot and hit her low. I searched for her for 3 days and never found her. Every head out there performs if you hit them where you are supposed to.

Id say the no blood is really strange for Rage. Dont give up on them they wont let you down twice! Wierd deal but they are definetly worth trying more. Every broadhead works but Ill have my quiver full of Rage no matter what.

Fixed blades will not fly as true as a rage head, no arguements here its proven.

That's an interesting statement! Fixed blades will fly just as well as anything out there, providing the user isn't too lazy to take the time to properly tune. But therin, lies the problem.

It is nice that they shoot just like a field point, most fixed blades won't do that, for most bows anyways, my wife's bow will shoot any broadhead just the same as a field point.

Top Bottom