Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

truck and trailer full of deer

I heard that a guy brought 60-something deer into the Redfield locker...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classy Photograph...
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Photo Tips
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, I read the photo tips and couldn't find anything explaining how to photograph 30 deer on their way to the locker in a politically correct fashion that would meet the approval of the photo police. Sorry!
shrug[1].gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the guy a break. I didn't see him say anywhere that it was a field photo that he was entering in a contest. Geez, tough crowd.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classy Photograph...
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Photo Tips
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, I read the photo tips and couldn't find anything explaining how to photograph 30 deer on their way to the locker in a politically correct fashion that would meet the approval of the photo police. Sorry!
shrug[1].gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give the guy a break. I didn't see him say anywhere that it was a field photo that he was entering in a contest. Geez, tough crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for the sarcastic comment on the photo...nothing at all wrong with the photo, looks like a successful deer hunting season. Congrats to all the successful hunters!
waytogo.gif

Hope to see the photo in a future issue of Whitetail Fanatic Magizine.

And, the full story of the hunt to go along with it!
waytogo.gif

You should have heard the stories I heard, when I visited a Southern Iowa pole barn with 107 deer hanging from their meat pole last year.

It was so cool, just like a big neighborhood rabbit hunt................

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was so cool, just like a big neighborhood rabbit hunt................

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
I thought that was pretty good as well!!
grin.gif

107 deer on the meat pole? That is just crazy. I've seen some groups with 40 or 50 but 107 is wild. Would love to see something like that.
beerchug.gif

Well, congrats on the deer, but come on. Did you honestly have to be the only one to bring them to the locker? Hunting gets a bad rap from people the way it is, how are you helping the sport out by having this huge pile of deer hanging out all over your pickup? It doesn't, and pictures like this directly contribute to people hating hunters. It's not hunters that you have to worry about, it is the non hunters. Something to keep in mind I think. I mean good job, you have a lot of deer there, but are you seriuosly proud of that picture? If you like that pic fine, keep it to yourself. Send a nice pic in of your bucks shot. Preferably not redneckish and hanging out all over in your pickup. Have some class and respect for the sport.

Saveyhunter,

With all due respect to your opinion on how the sport of deer hunting should and should not be conducted, I'd like to request that you please stop publicly criticizing things that you don't fully understand.

I'm not ashamed of my sport, are you? (Don’t answer please, it is a rhetorical question and I know you are not ashamed of the sport).

I’ve performed hundreds of hours of research (it’s my job!) on the opinions of non-hunters and know that the battle to win them over will not be won or lost based on any dead deer picture.

The real battleground to attract and retain a favorable opinion for hunting from the non-hunting community is directly impacted by how hunters conduct themselves in public areas like convenience stores, restaurants, rest stops, etc…. I could go on forever about the topic but I think most people get the picture: clean up the blood, pull your camo pants up so your arse crack isn’t showing, don’t cuss, and instead of telling the waitress “ I killed that big SOB with my old ladies 20-gauge and now I’m getting drunk” instead say things like “I harvested a nice 10 pointer today and plan to celebrate a little”.

I strongly dispute your assertion that transporting deer the way I did, on a short trip down a rural road to the local locker plant, had a negative impact on any non-hunter. In fact the only 2 cars that I met on the road flagged me down so they could look at my dead deer. Posting the picture on this web site also had zero effect. However, hunter, bashing fellow hunter, in a public forum…. that’s the kind of stuff that gives the anti’s fuel to make us look bad in the eyes of non-hunters.

Respectfully, TF

107 deer....pole barn.....meat pole.
confused.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
Foreign to a canuck eh.
grin.gif

By the way Tom, if that photo were black and white and that was a antique like truck and trailer we'd all be saying cool pic and right now I'm saying.....cool pic.

I think it may be fun hanging out with the boys after a hunt like that, heck I've had a hoot with 3 guys and a pair of bucks hanging from the roof.
laugh.gif

whitetail fanatic, don't let the picture snobs get you down, they come out every year. there are alot of nice bucks not getting shown of on here, because of the crap people get if they don't have a magazine quality harvest photo. i'm amazed every year by the stuck up "snobbery" shown to people every year. i expect more from people on this site. i THOUGHT this was iowawhitetail, not outdoor photo journalist monthly.

if you're not down with that, i got 2 words for ya......

[ QUOTE ]
107 deer....pole barn.....meat pole.
confused.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
Foreign to a canuck eh.
grin.gif

By the way Tom, if that photo were black and white and that was a antique like truck and trailer we'd all be saying cool pic and right now I'm saying.....cool pic.

I think it may be fun hanging out with the boys after a hunt like that, heck I've had a hoot with 3 guys and a pair of bucks hanging from the roof.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
They used to just hang them in their yard! Too bad the swing set wasn't bigger!
4185Grandpas_neighbors-med.jpg

I hope you keep posting your harvest pics. I know I like them! I think people are getting a little more sensitive every year.

I'm not ashamed of my sport, I am proud to show off a good deer or two that I have harvested.........respectufully. I guess the way you are displaying your deer to me is tasteless and I don't see the positive picture from it. What respect are you giving to these animals? Ghost, not needed to post the pic/posts from last year. With his "hours of PAID extensive research" he is probably familiar with the postings
crazy.gif
. I think it's great that you got these deer. Hearing that probably not many people saw your truck on the way to the locker is probably a good thing, but how do you know what people who may see something like this think and how many people they would tell and gossip about (oh yeah, you've done research)? So if you lived in a more populous area, then would it not be fine and be considered disrespectful? I'm sure you took as many backroads as you could keeping that specifically in mind
crazy.gif
Remember, it only takes one my friend to spread the negative word to many. Just because you don't have blood all over your truck doesn't make the fact that you have all those legs sticking out everywhere for people to talk about negatively. My guess is you weren't the only guy willing to take them to the locker. On a hunting site some understand, fine. Sitting in your neighborhood and driving to the locker for all to see........I guess I'm not seeing what good comes out of that besides negative gossip from non hunters. Happy researching.

There is a difference between taking a pic with a few good deer to taking a pic with 30 piled in the back of a truck. You know there are ways to still take a respectful pic with that many deer.

Hey Fanatic, I think that the truck & trailer pic is cool and you can visit my neighborhood with a full load of deer legs hanging out any time you want.

On a serious note, I agree with you 100% when you say that hunters' actions in public places influence non-hunters much more than any other factor. Too bad some people don't get it.

Do you take your deer to the Edgewood locker ? I hear that they process around 2500 each year. Pretty smart of you to take a whole load at once rather than make 15 trips with 2 deer at a time!
jester.gif
jester.gif
jester.gif

Top Bottom