Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

truck and trailer full of deer

They could back it up to my door.
grin.gif

Saveyhunter,
You need to visit Iowa during shotgun season and complain to the hundreds of hunters/ trucks I seen after the first weekend of First shotgun season coming from southern Iowa back up North on I-35
shocked.gif

I will say most have all the feet sticking in the air because they fit better in the bed of the truck
grin.gif

Also Fanatic is a great writer for a awesome magazine and has done more research on the subject then you and I combined. It is his job.

I dont know how your herd is in SD but we are way out of control down here and when I see a truck like this, I see the positive out of it not the negative.

What about the guy driving by that and said "Good they just saved my front end of my car or even a family member of mine by killing all those deer"

Oh and more then likely my car insurance will go down and I didnt switch to Geico
grin.gif

Why do some people always have to look at the negative side of a situation.

where were the photo nazis on the post of the mingo monster? a deer hanging from a pole in some garage isn't a good representation of out sport. has the hunter no respect for such a magnificient animal?!?!

Out of control I think is an opinion! As for Mingo did you read mine? But I didnt want to waste any ones time setting around readying opinions they dont care to read about

[ QUOTE ]
whitetail fanatic, don't let the picture snobs get you down, they come out every year. there are alot of nice bucks not getting shown of on here, because of the crap people get if they don't have a magazine quality harvest photo. i'm amazed every year by the stuck up "snobbery" shown to people every year. i expect more from people on this site. i THOUGHT this was iowawhitetail, not outdoor photo journalist monthly.

if you're not down with that, i got 2 words for ya......

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice reply Teeroy, guess I expected a little classier response from someone that's been around here as long as you have.
frown.gif

class? where is the class shown when someone puts up a pic of a deer they are proud of, and they get put down for not having harvest photos? these aren't pictures to be run in the des moines register, they are being put on a hunting website, to be seen by other hunters. people shouldn't be belittled because of their pictures. if you don't like the picture of a deer in the bed of a truck (or whatever) then don't hit the reply button, and don't open that thread again. maybe photo tips, should be changed to photo rules. as in, if your picture isn't fit to be in a magazine, don't post it on iowawhitetail.

[ QUOTE ]
class? where is the class shown when someone puts up a pic of a deer they are proud of, and they get put down for not having harvest photos? these aren't pictures to be run in the des moines register, they are being put on a hunting website, to be seen by other hunters. people shouldn't be belittled because of their pictures. if you don't like the picture of a deer in the bed of a truck (or whatever) then don't hit the reply button, and don't open that thread again. maybe photo tips, should be changed to photo rules. as in, if your picture isn't fit to be in a magazine, don't post it on iowawhitetail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of us here at Iowawhitetail are still waiting for your first harvest photo TEEROY...back of the truck or not!

I'm thinking things took a wrong turn a couple posts back! Come on guys were all on the same team regardless of our difference in opinions. Let's get back to it....congrats and great photo!

Ya'll sound like a bunch of kids whining. Are you grown men or not? Jeeze get a grip and stop fighting with each other. I'm not replying to this post again but I am putting in my 2 cents anyway. We all need to remember why we are on this website.....to discuss hunting in a positive environment. Bickering with each other just causes problems we don't need, so lets just cut it out.
grin.gif

Nice Picture Fanatic, way to shoot em up. It's nice to see a picture were the hunter isn't holding the deers head close to the camera and leaning back as far as possible. I don't even think that I own a harvest picture that wasn't taken out of a truck bed.

3 years ago I could have cared less on how my deer harvest pics looked. As far as I was concerned the pic could have looked like a horror seen from a movie. But after visiting this site and seeing all the GREAT bucks and even better photo's I started to realize that a quality harvest photo would be nice to have.

I was fortunate enought to be at Must_Hunt's house when they took pics of his beast he shot this year and I can really appreicate the work that was involved getting a good pic of that buck and I know that Tim is happy that they took the time to get some great shots. To some the pic just tops off the great season that they had and the time they put into harvesting that deer. But on the other hand if a guy posts a pic like this one and the previous post with the trailer full of bucks I still enjoy it. It is not up to me to criticize on how a person should remember their season. I'm willing to bet that Fanatic finds enjoyment in the pic and just wanted to share with the rest of us the great time that was shared with friends and family. I enjoyed the pic Fanatic and bet you have some great memories from that pic you just posted. Congrats!!!!

I think the photo is SWEET, it brings a smile to my face thinking about how much fun those boys had. Man, I would of loved to been there
grin.gif
I predict in the year 2010 we are all going to need a little plastic surgery and makeup on, just to please everyone when showing off our deer pics. I guess its not all that bad, I have always wanted a face lift and tummy tuck
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
Keep on shooting boys and showing them off!!
beerchug.gif

Fanactic congrats on a good year. Awesome Picture. 2 years ago on the last day of 1st season, I was the only one still hunting. I had to haul seven deer back to my house which is an hour away. The deer needed to hang and bleed out. The other boys had to go to work. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to help buddies out. It saved my buddies an hour drive. I felt like a redneck heading down the Interstate with all the legs and horns hanging out the side. But hell when your from southern Iowa you have a little bit of redneck in you anyways.
laugh.gif
Good luck to all through the rest of the season and I can't wait until late muzzelloader season, does will be a dropping. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Fanatic, Thanks for posting the pic. Regardless of what some think is the perfect picture or not I appreciate all deer pictures that are posted.
On another note I think that we all need to consider each others circumstances when it comes to pictures. I'm on my own down here when it comes to hunting. I don't live near or really know any other hunters in the area and my wife refuses to go into the woods with me to take a picture of any buck I kill (believe me I've asked; a bunch of times). If I had the opportunity to take really good field pics of the deer I harvest I would be happy to take them. For now I do the best I can and post the pictures I have because I'm proud of them although I will admitt that there have been several pics. that I have not posted here because of the critical posts of other peoples pictures.
We've all heard the quote "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all" maybe it shouldn't be forgotten so often.

In my line of work I probably appreciate a clean cut field photo as much, if not more, than anyone. People who take the time to pose with their trophy and snap good quality photographs should be commended for their respect to their prey. These hunters obviously place a high value on documenting the hunt via a photo. That’s cool!

I also have a ton of respect for the folks that cherish their “back of the truck photo” or a “buck hanging upside down” from the garage rafters shot. If someone buys a deer tag, takes a weeks vacation from work to go hunting, follows the hunting regulations and bags a deer I think they earned the right to take any picture they want and not be criticized by fellow hunters.

[ QUOTE ]
In my line of work I probably appreciate a clean cut field photo as much, if not more, than anyone. People who take the time to pose with their trophy and snap good quality photographs should be commended for their respect to their prey. These hunters obviously place a high value on documenting the hunt via a photo. That’s cool!

I also have a ton of respect for the folks that cherish their “back of the truck photo” or a “buck hanging upside down” from the garage rafters shot. If someone buys a deer tag, takes a weeks vacation from work to go hunting, follows the hunting regulations and bags a deer I think they earned the right to take any picture they want and not be criticized by fellow hunters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-4 Fanatic! If I'm not mistaken this "IS" a hunting site, and we "ARE" in America. Where else could we post pics of our hunts to share with everyone. Without sharing this stuff what would this site be?
confused.gif
Anyone who is feeling like hugging a tree or kissing a bunny should find another site that doesn't offend them. If you don't likey, don't lookie....
confused.gif

Top Bottom