Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where's all the pics?

blakesburg

PMA Member
I'm sure 90% of the guys on here have cameras out and 100% like viewing pics of big deer. Why aren't there more pics this time of year. Surely not everyone is paranoid about posting pics of big ones.

Here ya go! This is the biggest one I can wrangle up so far! :rolleyes:

picture.php

I will say, I checked some cams last night, # of pics is WAY down on my cams. I personally think it's the heat that had movement down. Cams I'd get 2000 pics in 3 weeks had about 300-400 pics on them. Just my example. In hind-sight, I wish I had put my cams in low ground locations with water source.

Actually, I found that pic on the web :grin: I've only pulled one card so far and there wasn't anything worth writing home about on there! If I can find a good one I'll post it! I don't care if people see em or not. Nobody knows where the hell I am half the time anyway :grin:

Actually, I found that pic on the web :grin: I've only pulled one card so far and there wasn't anything worth writing home about on there! If I can find a good one I'll post it! I don't care if people see em or not. Nobody knows where the hell I am half the time anyway :grin:
Funny_Pictures_Animated_Funny_Baby.gif

In hind-sight, I wish I had put my cams in low ground locations with water source.

I have one that's been soaking since July 20th along a trail in the bottoms between a mineral lick and a pond access. I'm pulling it this weekend, but have no idea what will be on it. I'm hoping I have more than then the neighbors trespassing this time:thrwrck:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but after the week/day (especially today) dealing with blatant disregard for Federal regulations/laws, I really needed that laugh, Jake. I seriously can't quit laughing. If only I could use this in official correspondence. THANK YOU JAKEWYM!!! :way:

On a related note, my camera is just getting ready to be hung up there by a good buddy, so I won't see much of what's on the property I've got access to until sometime next month. My cousin (grandparent's own the place) has 2 cams up and has shared one buck from mid-July with great potential.

I don't know what you guys are talking about? I've had 3-4 year olds on my cams. I had little to no fawns. Does sightings on my cams are less than Bucks now. I've got my share of 1.5 yr olds but mostly 2+ years older.

I will have some to share come Saturday. Hoping some of my 'old friends' decided to show their faces again this year ;)

OK, heres a picture of the old one-eyed buck, I posted a few years worth of pics last spring.He hit a vehicle in 2008 and loses a big chunk of skull with his antlers every year, which is making his bases grow down into his eyes.

picture.php

Must of happened late summer, because early bowseason in 2008 he had a 130 inch 8 pt. rack with his left 4 point side straight down wraped under his jaw, solid, not flopping, with a dead left eye. He was obviously messed up. The next 2 years he had big chunks of green stinky skull attatched to his sheds.I expected to find him dead after shedding each year.I am guessing a vehicle because of the massive damage during the summer.He originally grew an octopuss looking left side with a totally typical right side. But now he is getting alot more typical with junk on the right antler.He dropped his antlers the end of december last year, most of his mainframe is done, but now he is squirting non-typical points off his bases and behind his left base, but the mainbeam velvet is starting to crack and ready to strip.We have always given him a pass, but unless he gets busted up, it will be tough this year.

Top Bottom