Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where's all the pics?

I guess it would be tough to pass him. He's straightened out pretty good and those bases are HUGE! Thanks for sharing...

Heat is killing my pictures just set camera out yesterday on the farm for the first time this year bring on the big ones

I am giving mine a 45 day soak. checked cams in mid july and cant get back to check them until the end of august. It is killing me but with a new baby and busy time of the year priorities change.

Most of the pictures I'm getting that deer are out on the open, not in the timbers. The bugs are to bad in the timbers. I have not got one good buck in the timbers this year.

If you can find a hay field with standing corn around it put a camera in that area.

Hay field

IMG_0006.jpg

Check ours and all we got were does and fawns. Bummer is the one we put on the mineral which was all torn up took one picture of me putting it up and then must have just died. Nice. Heat is keepin the movement to a minimum but hopefully we will get something on the next check. And I'd be all over one eye, cool history and nice rack.

My farm is looking like a Sorority House so far :( Weird summer but Id rather have them disperse to mine later than smile now and leave come September. :)

Not that I have any...........but I wouldn't post it until I had a harvest pic to go with it.

Thanks to the guys that are willing to share tho.

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

Not that I have any...........but I wouldn't post it until I had a harvest pic to go with it.

Thanks to the guys that are willing to share tho.

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

Yeah, but don't you hunt mostly state ground? Hell, I wouldn't even put my cams out there, let alone post a pic of a toad on public! You would have every Beavis in the area out there in their old F150 running the roads with a nightlight and a 30-06. WooHoo Get r dun

Most guys have learned that posting pics on the www can only lead to problems. Never really understood why anyone would make so much information available to the public. One month they post an aerial map of their hunting spot asking about food plot and stand locations. Then that summer they post up pics of big bucks and then have a fit when someone else gets permission to hunt or poachers show up. Just not worth it. Share with your friends you can trust and keep the rest to yourself unless you want problems. Just my thoughts after seeing things go badly time and again on the net.

Most guys have learned that posting pics on the www can only lead to problems. Never really understood why anyone would make so much information available to the public. One month they post an aerial map of their hunting spot asking about food plot and stand locations. Then that summer they post up pics of big bucks and then have a fit when someone else gets permission to hunt or poachers show up. Just not worth it. Share with your friends you can trust and keep the rest to yourself unless you want problems. Just my thoughts after seeing things go badly time and again on the net.

Or just don't be an idiot and post arials, and only take those that you trust to those spots. I worry more about locals poaching than forum trolls. My farm there will be no one on but my family, because we are fortunate enough to own it...as for the propertys we have permission on and so do others, if they get to it before me by legal means, congrats to them. People are too damn worried about things like deer these days....there is a lot worse things that happen in this world every day than someone else shooting a deer that your after. A lesson that I learned last year...so I post pictures to share...and hopefully come season, we have harvest pictures to go with the trail camera pictures!

Last edited:
Got that right Dek. I have enough local vultures allready hunting my fence, I really dont worry much about trolls moving in. If someone gets one of the big boys legally on my neighbors, good for them, if they cross my fence I feel sorry for them. My eyes are not as good as they used to be and I tend to shoot at anything that looks like a coyote. I like to see everyone elses bucks, so I will continue to post mine, but if you think you are gonna try to hunt my fence, keep your head down. Keep the pictures coming guys its still awhile untill season.

dedgeez said:
Yeah, but don't you hunt mostly state ground? Hell, I wouldn't even put my cams out there, let alone post a pic of a toad on public! You would have every Beavis in the area out there in their old F150 running the roads with a nightlight and a 30-06. WooHoo Get r dun

I don't hunt any state ground.

Friend found out the hard way last year. He posted pics of big deer then had an outfitter come in and lease the ground. He didn't post any satellite pics of the ground. They can go back through your post most times and narrow down where you are at.

If you don't think poachers and outfitters aren't trolling this site I would have to disagree.

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

I hunt 6 counties and about 3,000 acres of ground. If they can find out where my pictures are from good for them.

All im saying is I seen it happen to a good friend and im not gonna take any chances.

How many IW veterans do you see post pix of big deer or big sheds ? Not many. Its just part of it.

It just sucks like the rest of you I enjoy looks at them. Only if all people were honest. :(

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

pulled a card and cam last night. I have some stuff i'll share when I get'em uploaded.

setting out two more in an hour or so...won't be back to check them until mid September.

Top Bottom