Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where's all the pics?

Man, maybe I should delete all of my threads. What's up with all of the paranoia? I mean, seriously....they are deer. Big deal. Like others have stated before me, I worry more about local poachers than internet trolls. I hunt 1000s of acres in 3 different counties. When I check my cameras, it takes me all day. I love to run trail cameras, and I enjoy sharing my photos. I have done it for years. Has it burnt me yet? Not that I know of? Will I continue to post for now....yep.

I personally think everyone needs to chill out. The 'top secret' attitude is getting old. And Cooter, you're right. Many of the vets on this website used to share photos. Why have they stopped? I'm not sure, maybe they can tell us that. I know many of the vets are busy with families, careers, etc.

I don't blame anyone for not sharing pictures. We all come from different situations (hunting access, pressure, areas, landowner vs public ground hunter, etc.), I just wish it didn't have to be top-secret anymore....its sad that this is what hunting has come too :(

If everyone wants to see the nanny's and scrub bucks where I hunt, let me know, and I will post 100's of photo's. Other than that, thats all I have pictures of, biggest buck MIGHT be 115 inches, and thats stretching it.

I used to run 25 cams all summer long, checking 1/2 of them one week, the other half the next week. I would do that all summer long, into fall, then around the 1st of October, move all the cams to hot trails, field edges and scrapes. By that time, I may even have a few more cams out.

Having a kid and the job that I have, I just don't have the time to get out and do that anymore. I am currently running about 9 camera's right now, but not going to check them for another week. If there is anything decent, I don't mind sharing, but that is my situation, I just don't have much that anyone would be interested in.

I pulled cams this weekend, over 7000 pics..and in my area, I am not to worried about anyone moving in on my families ground, I am more worried about the local farmers just shooting them because they are so thick and wrecking crops..in there mind... I never have been one to post on here a lot with pics, but I put together videos on youtube to show people. If they can figure out where I hunt, congrats..Again, its family ground...also its 4 hrs from my door step, so that adds to the fun of people knowing...haha :way:
FHOutdoors on youtube or F&H Outdoors on Facebook shows everyone what me and my buddy have been up to

sureshot1 said:
Man, maybe I should delete all of my threads. What's up with all of the paranoia? I mean, seriously....they are deer. Big deal. Like others have stated before me, I worry more about local poachers than internet trolls. I hunt 1000s of acres in 3 different counties. When I check my cameras, it takes me all day. I love to run trail cameras, and I enjoy sharing my photos. I have done it for years. Has it burnt me yet? Not that I know of? Will I continue to post for now....yep.

I personally think everyone needs to chill out. The 'top secret' attitude is getting old. And Cooter, you're right. Many of the vets on this website used to share photos. Why have they stopped? I'm not sure, maybe they can tell us that. I know many of the vets are busy with families, careers, etc.

I don't blame anyone for not sharing pictures. We all come from different situations (hunting access, pressure, areas, landowner vs public ground hunter, etc.), I just wish it didn't have to be top-secret anymore....its sad that this is what hunting has come too :(

I can't tell you how many times I have seen this website burn people. I was sitting at a gas station last year when some guy walks up and knew exactly who I was, where I hunt, and the deer I have shot. Never seen him in my life, but he knew plenty about me from this site. I personally think your crazy for showing pics of the quality deer you do. With the internet it doesn't take much for someone to figure out where you are at. I agree with you that they are just deer, that's why I just assume enjoy them with the couple hunting buddies I got. Call it paranoia if you want, but there is nothing to gain by showing off the bucks I want to hunt. The days of me sharing trail cam pics to strangers are over.

I finally got around to putting out cameras today ... may have some pics to share when I check them, but that might be a month or more down the road :grin:

Scott - I wouldn't say this website directly burned anyone ... some of the small circles that we created in past by meeting on the website certainly did. We all learned some valuable lessons in trust, character and the motives of a few.

I would hope by now most reading this know that asking specifics of where someone hunts is taboo .... and telling others where your buddy or others hunt is probably not ok. :thrwrck:

Maybe you should be more paranoid Sureshot - Just from your photos I know exactly where one of the farms you hunt is. LOL.....:D

Awesome. If you hunt nearby maybe we can work together and share information ;)

Oh, if you kill one I have pictures of just send me a PM and I'll give you all the trail cam photos of him, not just the ones I posted.

Good luck ;)

sureshot1 said:

Sorry I got you worked up. Keep posting your pix I love looking at them.

As for they are" just deer "statement everyone is using looks like a lot of time and money into " just deer". Go to the management forum and look at all the work being put in " just deer ". Im sure they are too busy planting food plots to run cameras :rolleyes: ;)

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

I also just got my camera's put up this weekend. I hope to have some good one's in about 4 weeks!:way:

I also just got my camera's put up this weekend. I hope to have some good one's in about 4 weeks!:way:

I moved my cams this weekend to where they will stay for a few months. Going to have to move them around harvest or I'll have a lot of "equipment" pictures:drink1: as they are on field edges now.

I don't see the point in putting cams out until the end of July...because camera maintenance (batterys/full SD card swaps) just means more time in and out potentially spooking deer, just for pictures of some velvet knobs. I'd rather put a cam on minerals or food sources before they shed velvet in order to get in and out only a few times and actually see what I will be hunting.

I expect a lot more pictures on my next check...2nd week of Sept.

Just keep posting them up for all to see and enjoy. But be warned, there have been dozens of guys that have done exactly that and wished they never had and never will again. If you dont think that there are plenty of nonresidents, outfitters, leasors, poachers, etc, that troll these sites and have the abiltiy to gain all the information they need to rain on your parade, you are kidding yourself. Even a fence sitter or two can cause you a lot of grief. You go put in all the effort of food plots and running cameras, etc. Then they show up for a weekend hunt and reap the rewards of your hard work. Enjoy! Share all you want, but know that you are sharing with the entire world.

Sureshot, I like your stance. Thanks for sharing so much. I agree with much of what you have said.

I haven't shared anything this yr but that is simply b/c I have yet to get a trail cam picture of a whitetailed deer. This has definately been the summer of "busy" and it seems that getting cams out and deer in general this yr has been less of a priority. I did put 3 cams out back in July, that night a terrific storm hit and I had a hard time getting back into the cam sites 2 weeks later to find giant trees down on the mineral sites and nothing but photos of branches. One cam was crushed. One cam is still out and I'm optimistic there will be something worth sharing when I check. I'm hoping that field edge scrape photos this yr give me more excitment than what has transpired with salt licks.

Top Bottom