Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Working The System.....

Re: RE : working the system.....

i'm all for QDM as a concept, and i think its a great practice to undertake. but i have a problem where we have to regulate what some dude shoots with his tag. if some guy wants to shoot a dink, fine. eventually, he will want to shoot something bigger, and will learn to pass on the little ones. i for one, am not going to lecture to someone on what they can and cannot shoot.

Iowaqdm,

I knew that you probably wouldn't take my opinion with a whole lot of seriousness, but that's cool. I guess it's just the way I am...I'll put it out there anyway.
grin.gif

With everything else set aside, I'll throw out one more point about Iowa and NR's that just blows my mind. If you guys have such a huge doe population and want to get rid of them, then why isn't there a possibility for NR's to get added doe tags at a VERY reasonable price when you draw an any-sex tag? I was looking into Missouri and I believe NR's can buy doe tags at $7(if I read it correctly). At $7, I would have bought 2-3 of those bad boys and dropped the string on a few. I know without a doubt if my buddy and I had an extra doe tag or two, we would have filled them when we came down in Nov. Instead, we had a $325 any-sex tag that went unfilled and is sitting in my hunting bin. Now Iowa is happy that they got my cash, but the deer herd wasn't helped one bit. I saw roughly 15-20 deer a day with shot opps at roughly 5 doe(not just fawn doe-mature doe) per day....with the bow on the hanger watching them walk by. And if anyone thinks I'm going to burn a $325 tag on a doe, your smokin something. I'd rather eat it(crock pot with some cream of mushroom soup..not bad!). I'm thinking that my buddy and I aren't the only NR's that think this way and go home with nothing.

Xtec

Hell I have a problem burning up my $27 tag on a doe, it would only happen the last few minutes of the season. I just want to thank you for supporting our grow a doe program with your license donation.
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Maybe they make some big buck little buck flash cards that you could practice with to help you with judging bucks faster?
grin.gif

Stage One.....kill all you can kill so you can say you killed!
evil.gif

Hey Freddie...Gabe has a buck tag left for second season...want to come down and hunt this weekend with us?...on second thought, maybe I will just let the kid try and kill his first buck.
grin.gif

Xtec,

Did the same thing as a NR 1st Shotgun season. Saw 25+ bucks, 100+ does(quit counting). Would like to had a couple does but went home empty. Maybe 07!

Top Bottom