Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?!

Re: Lone Wolf and iowawhitetail.com any questions?

I just wanted to let everybody here know that LW just replaced a platform for me that was trashed in an accident, no fault of theirs. I shipped it and that was my only cost. Costumer service at its best I’d say. Buy the best forget the rest.
grin.gif

Do you guys know when the new Lone Wolf Alpha Assault stands will be in the stores. I have looked around and can not find one. thanks

I finally got one! The hand climber. Wow are they nice. It will be my stand for life... kind of like a wife (haven't got one of those yet, though). I used it for the first time tonight. All was well, although the buckles that snap the seat to the stand make a little bit of noise when you walk with it on your back. Other than that it seems pretty nice. The stand is a little bit picky about the tree it will go on, though, but it's a climber so what should I expect. What is the trick if the tree gets thinner as you climb? The stand gets looser on the tree and tilts downward a lot...

Well, there's my critique. The pros outweight the cons on this stand though.

start with your stand at a steeper angle at the bottom of the tree, front edge 6-8" higher than the back. It may feel a little uncomfortable at first but by the time you get 20 ft. up or so it will be leveled out.

I used the hand climber for the first time last night and was amazed. I've used a few different climbers before and was scared to death. I never once wobbled, slipped, or anything. Up the tree in no time flat. I tried my best to make noise and it just won't.

That was my brothers hand climber so this morning I called lone wolf and ordered the alpha hang on and 4 sticks. I'm pumped for late muzzleloader. BY FAR THE BEST STANDS ON THE MARKET...

Nice Buck! That's not you in the pic is it? Is that a bow kill by any chance? Score? I just bought an Alpha stand and sticks but haven't had a chance to use it since I don't have the sticks in my hands yet. I will be trying it late muzzloader though. It looks like the cat's meow.
grin.gif

Tiz Todd and he needs to change his home state to Iowa now... No longer a wolverine there Todd...
grin.gif
Again congrats on the great deer and welcome to Iowa.
waytogo.gif

Yup, that's me! Yes, bow-kill, November 15th. I'm guessing it would score close to 160" but that's just a guess. I don't score my bucks, not a big deal to me I guess?

I just updated my info so yall know it's Iowa Todd now. BTW, I love Iowa! I'm a hawkeye now man! I need to find some buddies in S.E. Iowa though. After the season I'm going to need some shed-hunting buddies!

Limb, you going to be at the ATA this year?

Hey G6, let me know what you think of them after you try them. I think you will love them as much as the rest of us do. If you have any specific questions about anything let me know. I'm about as anal as they come when it comes to equipment, so I've developed quite a system for pretty much everything! he he he

[ QUOTE ]
Hey G6, let me know what you think of them after you try them. I think you will love them as much as the rest of us do. If you have any specific questions about anything let me know. I'm about as anal as they come when it comes to equipment, so I've developed quite a system for pretty much everything! he he he

[/ QUOTE ] Will do Todd and welcome to Iowa.
grin.gif

Hey Todd this is Justin up here in Waukon at Sportsmen's Unlimited I think I talked to you on the phone a time or two. I'm glad the alpha hang-on's came in because one of them was mine.
grin.gif
Everything arrived on Monday and I was in a tree Tuesday trying out the whole setup. Worked great and can't wait for late muzzle...

Hey Justin,

Yeah, we got slammed there for a while during the season. We're doing our best to keep up and still hunt our butt's off! Check out Andrae D'Acquisto's latest kill. Potential No. 2 Wisconsin kill, which means he would then have No. 2 & No. 3!

1.jpg

Since you are a big climber fan, I bought the Lone Wolf Hand Climber and fell in love immediately - The quietest I've ever used, packs like a dream, weighs less than 14lbs and the tree does not have to be too straight. The cam action traction belts adjust really easy. I've even climbed trees with low branches, taken the stand off and gone around them with realative ease.

Downfall - about $320 retail, but look for deals on e-bay. I found mine with bow holder gromet for $250. Check out the sit-n-climb also.

I tell you what, I enjoy walking out, climbing up a pre-hung stand just and much as anyone. It's just so much easier.

With that being said, I've killed 3 of my last 4 bucks on my first time in with the ol' Hand Climber! The surprise attack has led to more kills than anything!

I am a little late, as usual
smirk.gif
But thought you might get a kick out of this pic. If you look close you can see the front of the ol' wolf at the bottom of the pic. That pic was taken out of video of me passing a 140's in western Illinois.
paston.sized.jpg

Here is a good pic of this last seasons Iowa buck with the wolf stand. Not as big as the passed buck... But thems the breaks.
smirk.gif

IMG_2877.sized.jpg

Top Bottom