Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Eagle

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

GregBickal

These two were in a tree behind my house when I got home from work last night. Not something I really want to see perched over my koi pond /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif Good thing the koi are inside for the winter. My house is 1 1/2 miles from the Nuclear Power Plant. When we are fishing in the river, Dad and I normally see a pair of Eagles over by where the cooling water comes out, so it could be that same pair. My neighbor told me that one of the buffalo next door died, so most likely thats why they were in the area.
doubleeagle.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I can't wait to get on the golf course... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Nice picture. </div></div>

You read my mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I can't wait to get on the golf course... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
</div></div>

I'd settle for a birdie! Just paid my dues for `08 OUCH!

they normally have color by December.. depending on time of conception... his wing print looks like a young goldy....b'n from Minn, those are like sparrows up there, so ya see alot

Bald Eagles don't get their white head and tail until they are 4-5 years of age.

We are currently teaching a bald eagle unit at school. One of my favorite with the kids, they even raise money to help rehabilitate injured eagles, its a lot of fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they normally have color by December.. depending on time of conception... his wing print looks like a young goldy....b'n from Minn, those are like sparrows up there, so ya see alot </div></div>

I thought Bald Eagles did not get a white tail or head until they were 4 to 5 years of age?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bald Eagles don't get their white head and tail until they are 4-5 years of age.

We are currently teaching a bald eagle unit at school. One of my favorite with the kids, they even raise money to help rehabilitate injured eagles, its a lot of fun. </div></div>

Never mind you beat me to it! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The head is one marking to look for. T is speaking of the markings on the back and wings and well here is a picture of a golden...

golden-eagle.jpg

I am thinking it may be a golden as well.

Juvenile baldie

arrcjuvenile.jpg

Tough call...

He was stating the fact there are so many up there they are as abundant as sparrows not that they are the same size as sparrows.

Are they good eating? Just kiddin'!!!! Whenever I see them along the rivers, I assumed they were immature baldies, but I can't say for sure. Neat to see them either way!

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom