Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Eagle

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I can't wait to get on the golf course... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Nice picture. </div></div> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Ditto, I got some new Cleveland Golds and Hibore Hybrids and am ready to hit some balls. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I got a close-up picture.... Would'nt it be great if these still roamed the land
buffallo3.jpg

buffallo4.jpg

I would love to hunt Bison. A local farmer near me raises them. A friend and myself wonder if he would let us get in a tree and take one he plans on buthcering with a bow, just need to work up the nerve to ask him.

here he is on the ground, sorry for the chitty photo but it is all i have down here at school-
pic102706_16.jpg

here he is on the wall. once again chitty photo.
pic102706_1.jpg

we raise a small herd of woolies and we butchered our big bull, and someone had to do the deed. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

If the DNR is hurting for funds so bad, maybe they could introduce Buffallo somewhere /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I wonder how many acres you would need per Buffallo to have a herd that didnt need supplemental feeding...

barbed.gif

What a diverse post, we have discussed Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Sparrows, CHICKEN, and now to Buffalo??????????????????? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I’ll play, I shot a Buffalo once! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

398office3.jpg

barbed.gif

I was reading a magazine a while back that said Buffalo kill on average, 15 people a year. It was also talking about elk attacking people trying to take pictures of them during mating season.

Here's one of those CRAZY , OFF THE WALL T250 ?'s again...... What's the point of shooting something that isnt REALLY free roaming?? ....just a ?

You mean, like a pig? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

IMG_0015.jpg

Sorry man, but I got to know the story on this one... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Single Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagles are bigger than Sparrows.</div></div>

Niccceee. hahah now thats an observation.

It was a feral pig, right 250? haha jk, in all fairness you did open the gate right? So it technically was 100% wild 100% fair chase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's one of those CRAZY , OFF THE WALL T250 ?'s again...... What's the point of shooting something that isnt REALLY free roaming?? ....just a ?</div></div>

AS STATED we had to butcher it... I don't really think we had a better way to do it...next time maybe we'll let you go in the pen and hit one in the head with hammer to stun it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Dad got it mounted because he likes buffalo and it was his buffalo, he is own man, let him do what he wants.

oh yea and when we butcher pigs...we really do stun them with a maul. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Pigs...... Bison.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. They are sooo alike....(not)..anyway Limb, he had a belly bust as you can see, so my old ladies dad said i could wack him.... With 25,000 other pigs around, it can get messy with one like that in a holding area.....Good eats tho! For the Bison guys... Look me up when they actually are a huntable animal once again. and the numbers are promising for the future... Kill 'em if they need to be i guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For the Bison guys... Look me up when they actually are a huntable animal once again. and the numbers are promising for the future... Kill 'em if they need to be i guess. </div></div>

You are right, not much of a hunt. I have family that has been in Buffalo for a few years and I can say I have never been on a tough hunt. It was more of a buffalo shoot and those who came to do it knew it was. They shot them just to say they have and to hang its head on the wall. Some would dress up in Mountian Man gear and do it just for the nastalgia. Others would just do it for the meat. Most of the buffs were shot out on pasture, just happened to be where the were at that time of the year, it also reduced stress and risk of injury to animal and self. But in all reality hunting (shooting) was one way we and other ranchers like us could reduce our herd numbers. There was not much of a meat market, or I should say the the herd numbers were growing faster than the meat market so we had to improvise and yes it was sugar coated but without it would have been a hard sell.

There are a few free ranging herds left, the one I would like to see is in the Wood Buffalo National Park along the Northwest Territories and Alberta. Hunting these Woods/Plains cross would be as close to the way things used to be as a guy could find. I think that herd is near 5000 strong but unfortunately like the Yellowstone herd it to has the brucellosis. They are concidering hunting as a way to clean up the herd but they have been talking about that for over twenty years, politics.....

These perimeter hunts could be interesting.

http://www.abhunting.com/bison-hunting.asp

I'll stop rambling....

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom