Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

And i thought i was desperate

LMAO on this post! Already gave the GF a heads up that if this works she's gonna be peeing in a bottle! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Yeah thats not right Brew Crew. Scissors would of came in handy.

I drug a scent trail " mid month female urine" for about a half mile to my tree stand last night. The walk would be alooottt shorter but the crops are still in. I had a real tall 6 pointer follow my trail in probably 30 minutes after i got situated in the tree. He walked right up to the tree and walked right past it. Didnt stop. It was probably 90 degrees and musquitos were thick. Only seen a few does the rest of the night. Now im in Chicago but ive got the magic potion getting filled into a bottle at home. Supposed to be in the 30's saturday morning im going to make it an all day sit if possible.

I freshened up a few scrapes along the bean field. So ill see if they did anything with them.

That 6 pointer is the same buck i have video of. 7 or 8 days ago he was chasing 2 does. On them pretty good. Im not much of an educated hunter. Still learning. Are the bucks pretty content with sticking with the does until they are ready? Or is it normal for them to browse around with different does this early?

Usually only the younger ones are nudging does around this time of year. The big boys tend to show up late and feed in slowly. As we approach the last week of October here in Iowa things start picking up and big bucks are up more during daylight hours. They will start hitting scrapes pretty hard and nudging a few does around.
I watched a handful of 1 1/2 year olds dogging a doe for 10 minutes the other day. It was funny. Ever here the old bull/young bull joke? Same thing with deer.

UPDATE!
The Cotton Cam Initiative results show has been moved to Sunday. I hope to be back in town with the pictures by noon or so. I will post as soon as I can.

Ike 85,
im not dragging no tampons to the timber, im bringing the urin, no different than what you buy at a store. doe lure- - urin , when you buy it , they claim, 'bottled from a doe in heat, whats the difference?i have had young bucks come to the scent wicks, didnt seem to alarmed,, made small scraps below it.my hunting partener thought i was nuts. i filled a dripper with the so called urin near a secondary stand, guess, what,a buck- made a scrape below it, & a bigger one came in and freshened it, not saying its full proof , but seems to be getting some bucks attention.im not the only one testing this, keep the results comming. shed heads, i put a trail cam next to this dripper, hopfully, pics will show me more.if it does, ill post,somtimes we need to change things up, i think i am trying.

Ok....here is where my skepticism arises....

Why would a whitetail deer associate a human estrous (period) cycle with a whitetails estrous cycle?

Animals are all different. Cows, pigs, coons, coyotes, etc. Do you think a whitetail deer can smell or sense a difference in cow estrous from thereown?

I know they can. It may cause curiosity, but I won't buy the fact that they think it comes from another whitetail.

Regardless, it will be intersting to see what you guys find out. Keep us updated.

Just remember...these critters can smell 10,000 times better than us!

No scent is the best scent IMO......

I have no idea why it works but im sold on it. I know of 2 different intelligent guys that have did it every year for the last i dont know how many years and have bucks on their walls to prove it. Maybe it's not the estrous scent. Maybe its just out of curiousity. But if thats what it takes then y not use it! Cant wait til Saturday!

Yes i did yesterday for the first time. Brought my girlfriend along. She got it on video. I also tried the roar a little later in the afternoon with no luck. I told myself before the season started that i wouldnt touch the land until the 3rd week of October but i couldnt hold back any longer. Not getting into the deep woods yet, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brew Crew</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm. Pretty odd. Guess we will see how it works. </div></div>

LOL

If this thread doesn't end up in the classics....no future thread has a chance. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

So, I ran this "new strategy" by my wife last night, and she said "You're one sick SOB, but knock yourself out"

I can't wait to try this. The only problem I see is if you use it as a drag "rag" and then happen to shoot a deer, you might get the two blood trials mixed up.

Stacking them up all week for the weekend. Even got her talked into going with me saturday afternoon. Not sure how it's going to go cause those things look disgusting, thought it wouldn't bother me but guess im a little weaker after i saw them. Not really fond of digging them out of the ziplok baggy, but if it works i will not think twice. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

UPDATE. I have pics to show. It's pretty interesting. Some big bucks were checking it out. I will post pics in a little bit. Just got home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: enis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure how it's going to go cause those things look disgusting. Not really fond of digging them out of the ziplok baggy</div></div>

Oh my gosh! I think I am gonna hurl chunks!!!!!!!

Top Bottom