Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

And i thought i was desperate

Well I mentioned it to my wife and I never even got to the point where I asked and she stopped me dead in my tracks with a "dont even think about it" comment.

Jay

Ok here we go. I would like to say in advance that I have no intention of making anyone sick or offending any person. I did this in an attempt to come to some sort of conclusion to the old debate of whether or not a womans used female product would or would not attract deer. The "cotton" is located in the center of the pictures on the bottom edge of the branches. There are some interesting pictures here. There are way more pictures than what I am posting. There were big bucks, small bucks, and does checking it out. I want to add that none of the big bucks came to it twice but they didn't visit the scrape more than once last week either (before the cotton was in place). I can't wait to here all of your opinions!
MDGC0072.jpg

MDGC0077.jpg

MDGC0102.jpg

MDGC0103.jpg

MDGC0113.jpg

MDGC0120.jpg

MDGC0123.jpg

MDGC0062.jpg

MDGC0100.jpg

MDGC0142.jpg

MDGC0143.jpg

Well the deer dont seem to mind it and i would let the air out of the one in the third pic so i guess its cheaper than tinks 69 all i need is a willing donor.

You got some great bucks there. I would think a better test would be to put it somewhere other than an active scrape.In my opinion trying to draw the deer to a spot they are not already frequenting would be more telling than adding a lure to an area already heavily used. Maybe trying to start a new scrape would be a more fair test. Did you see any increase in daylight activity, or any real change in use of the scrape from before ?

Scrape use seemed to pick up just a little. There were new bucks here this week. BUT...my other cams also had more activity than last week. It is that time of year and should be expected.

haha AWESOME! That 3rd buck is a PIG!!! My supply will start next weekend, hopefully right when i get back from Chicago. It definitly gets deer interested. Im giving it a shot!

P.S. you are the MAN for following through with it! Probably one of the first men in america to get trailcam pics of bucks sniffing one of them. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif This is great

That third picture is a huge deer better give that one a dirt nap. I tried it on friday nite and seen nothing. But i left the bag in a basket on the 4 wheeler. And some critter stole the rest of my goods now i got to wait another month, little basterds. Was a little disgusting specially when i put a chew in.LOL!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I'm going to set a camera up over a mock scrape with code blue standing estrus, and see if I can lure the bucks in. Code blue cost alot, but all I have to stare at is a little brown bottle with a sticker on it.

I had a camera over a mock scrape last week. There has been a scrape in this area for 2 years I just get it jumped started. All I got was a little fork horn and he didn't even go to the scape. Also had a couple does. Had a little 8 go by saturday morning he did't pay any attention to it either.
Thanks for the test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hillrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got some great bucks there. I would think a better test would be to put it somewhere other than an active scrape.In my opinion trying to draw the deer to a spot they are not already frequenting would be more telling than adding a lure to an area already heavily used. Maybe trying to start a new scrape would be a more fair test. Did you see any increase in daylight activity, or any real change in use of the scrape from before ?</div></div>

I'd agree with hillrunner here. There is only one doe that seems to be smelling the rag.. All the others are to the left on the already being used licking branch. Could be drawn in by the rag but its not completely evident.

Just to be clear, I only posted a few pictures. I got over 150 pictures from the scrape and I have plenty of does sniffing it but I didn't post a bunch because most people want to see the bucks.

I had a small basket rack chase a cat past my stand the other day, he was on it step for step. Maybe it was in heat???? course he could have just wanted that pussy

ROFL! That was good! Thanks now my gut hurts from laughing so hard! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

I like the fourth pic. Looks like the funk startled him abit. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif He wants a better whiff but not to close.

I might just have to try this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the fourth pic. Looks like the funk startled him abit. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif He wants a better whiff but not to close.</div></div>

yes
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Oh I commend you on your efforts. Nice pics to boot. I just think many are not posting because nothing was proven or debunked. Perhaps others will step up to further test the theory. Sure the deer are sniffin, it's something new, atleast we do know from your efforts that it does not spoke them.

Take a walk on a seldom used trail with a plug, post a trail cam along the way and see if activity picks up, scent should last for what 2 days?

Make a few mock scraps in the same general area, one with male urine, one with otc scent, one with the female urine(maybe even one two weeks prior to cycle and one on cycle). See if it can be determined if one gets hit harder than the others.

We are of course different species, but I feel the pheromones will be close enough, that in a week or two, even the slightest possability of a gal in estrous will stir up the already randy buck. I would think if it works, using it as a drag "rag", then being hung up would provide the most benefit.

If it works, next year we can experiment on the otc pheromones and avoid the whole bloody mess.

Top Bottom