Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Avoiding change VS managing it

That's an interesting debate too.

I'd say a resident gets one tag good for any weapon, but party hunting must be eliminated. If you own a qtr section you get another tag. If you own a section you get a third tag.

As a non resident you need a qtr section owned to get one tag.

Or maybe the NR owners need an approved management plan ok'd by the DNR before they get tags.

Land ownership has zero to do with deer, they are a publicly held resource. First go to Washington and make game animals a private resource and then all your debate points are correct.

Is any body here in favor of the Japanese influencing our laws? Well they own quite a bit of land here in the U.S.. Should we then change the way we do things to cater to them a little more?

Funny I made my similar reply before reading this one. Great point.

The biggest problem other states have is land has been broken up into too many small parcels to manage effectively. Our Indiana gun season runs for 32 days plus another 7 day doe only season. It's horrible having the guns boom from mid nov until Jan. Now we are getting a primitive ML season on top of that.

Your proposals would screw Iowa as badly as you have been screwed at home. Mindless!

Fletch

Your farmers have bought the ground and are allowing very few hunters if any on there. Way worse than any NR can ever do. Farmers are the heart of the problem. They can't own all that property and expect a few hunters to properly manage it, yet it constantly happens.

As for the insurance companies, your also very wrong here. The insurance world could care less about the " Iowa landowner" and them losing hunting rights. I work in the industry and its not even a blurb on the radar. Money matters to them.

In terms of entitlement. Do the deer belong to the people or the govt? If the answer is people, then that includes landowners which doesn't distinguish where your home state is.

Yes NR will kill does if given the opportunity to manage correctly. Giving someone a buck tag 1 out of every 3 years does not entice someone to manage correctly. It's adverse selection. They get treated wrong so in return why on earth would they want to help out the very hand that punches them in the face? They won't and I wouldn't expect them to. They will continue to buy the ground and throw up a middle finger. It's a completely screwed up relationship. Both sides are wrong IMO.

You are wrong and you are selfish. Your own state make reck of the deer hunt possibilities and you want to promote more reckless behavior here in Iowa because it suites you here and now. Selfish is the only way I can think to describe you based on all your comments here.

Reciprocity is fine with me. Many states already do that.

The NR pays more than they should (JMHO). It could be argued that the tags sell out and there are more in line so when you look at supply and demand, they could be charged more, but I will say it is embarrassing to me that our state charges our fellow NR hunter the price they do.

This is a resident concern. I hate to sound cold but the NR has no say in this. They can try to be the squeaky wheel but us residents will grease that wheel when we remind the IA government that we vote and the NR does not. This is an Iowa resident issue and concern.

The NR landowner already gets more than the non-landowner.

The NR doe bow tag was a big mistake (the temptation tag). While it was allowed at one time, I will fight with all of my might against anyone who tries to get that one back on the books, landowner or not.

We have a good thing here when it comes to deer hunting in IA. There are changes I would support. Giving NR landowners more privileges than what they already get is not one of them. More negatives than positives from where I sit. The NR landowner is the only one who benefits from such change.

Money to ignore? What money?

where's the "Like" button? well put 150 Class!

Fletch; NR do not get tags, you nailed it, the point of this whole argument, they cannot effectively manage their property due to lack of tags and the price of tags

Hardwood, i have nothing against you personally, but I sure am sick of reading about how bad you have it because you can't hunt your ground in Iowa every year! i have two very simple solutions for you...
1) Move to Iowa and become a resident
2) Sell your ground and buy some in your home state
Either way, quit your bitching because you're not going to find much sympathy on this site or in this state for that matter.

ironwood said:
Your proposals would screw Iowa as badly as you have been screwed at home. Mindless!

Explain how? No one has made a valid point as to why NR's are the Black Plague.

It's all based on crazy fears. How many NR's actually own a qtr section that would qualify for what I said AND they are a hunter? Remember joint ownership doesn't count unless your total holding equals 160 per person.

Fletch; NR do not get tags, you nailed it, the point of this whole argument, they cannot effectively manage their property due to lack of tags and the price of tags

Don't buy or have someone manage it for you. The option of opening thing up as requested here would be a killer to Iowans in the future.

where's the "Like" button? well put 150 Class!

Hardwood, i have nothing against you personally, but I sure am sick of reading about how bad you have it because you can't hunt your ground in Iowa every year! i have two very simple solutions for you...
1) Move to Iowa and become a resident
2) Sell your ground and buy some in your home state
Either way, quit your bitching because you're not going to find much sympathy on this site or in this state for that matter.

Advice for you--don't read my posts, when you see my post don't read it! I already have land in my home state.
I'm entitled to an opinion

ironwood said:
You are wrong and you are selfish. Your own state make reck of the deer hunt possibilities and you want to promote more reckless behavior here in Iowa because it suites you here and now. Selfish is the only way I can think to describe you based on all your comments here.

Selfish eh? I have never hunted Iowa, but whatever I guess.

Literally almost every reply revolves around "screw the NR." No one is willing to listen to a logical explanation on how to get along unless someone completely conforms to not only leaving the rules the same but making them even worse!

So how many Iowa residents have applied the golden rule to hunters from other states?

I can honestly say that this thread speaks for itself. Go back and redhead the entire thread and see what your take is on this? Does it sound like I'm trying to hurt anyone's hunting or actually help out?

Literally almost every reply revolves around "screw the NR." No one is willing to listen to a logical explanation on how to get along unless someone completely conforms to not only leaving the rules the same but making them even worse!

So how many Iowa residents have applied the golden rule to hunters from other states?

I can honestly say that this thread speaks for itself. Go back and redhead the entire thread and see what your take is on this? Does it sound like I'm trying to hurt anyone's hunting or actually help out?

Please, give us a good reason for the change? One that is good for all hunters. Resident. NR. Landowner. Non-landowner. Again, there are more negatives than positives from where I sit.

Also, I am not anti-NR. Far from it. My posts are defending this resident's take on a change that a NR is proposing will come.

I'm not asking you to change. I'm saying its coming so get prepared on how to deal with it. That's the whole basis for the thread.

I've laid out ideas for when this time comes you have valid points to help direct the change as much in your favor as possible.

But then again why try I'm just a prick NR that wants to screw up all your hunting..........

Explain how? No one has made a valid point as to why NR's are the Black Plague.

It's all based on crazy fears. How many NR's actually own a qtr section that would qualify for what I said AND they are a hunter? Remember joint ownership doesn't count unless your total holding equals 160 per person.

All based on thing as described by you in your home state. Why would you want to screw up another state.

Totally you are trying to hurt the Iowa deer hunting resource and selfishly. The only help you want is for someone to exert rights they don't have as NRs. Selfish and I am sticking to it.

For having never hunted Iowa I can't believe you took the time to stir all this up. I assume if you found success you would buy land in Iowa to escape Indiana. You are actually starting to sound kind of funny. Good luck.

I'm not asking you to change. I'm saying its coming so get prepared on how to deal with it. That's the whole basis for the thread.

I've laid out ideas for when this time comes you have valid points to help direct the change as much in your favor as possible.

But then again why try I'm just a prick NR that wants to screw up all your hunting..........

We just gave you a taste of how it will be dealt with. Spend your money trying to buy influence, that too will be used in Iowa but not to your benefit, as always.

This whole thing is so foolish it just hit me that hoosierhunter is likely just bumping traffic for the site as thing have slowed down a bit here. Is OneCam paying you? :)
My heart rate is just now falling below 200. This is worse than buck fever.

This whole thing is so foolish it just hit me that hoosierhunter is likely just bumping traffic for the site as thing have slowed down a bit here. Is OneCam paying you? :)

Lmao!:D:D:D

Settle down Ironwood, if you read every post on here, maybe one is asking for more buck tags. I'm asking for more doe tags or even youth tags. Honestly, I would never have thought that anyone would oppose youth tags..?

By the way, not being critical at all of you!

Please, give us a good reason for the change? One that is good for all hunters. Resident. NR. Landowner. Non-landowner. Again, there are more negatives than positives from where I sit.

Also, I am not anti-NR. Far from it. My posts are defending this resident's take on a change that a NR is proposing will come.

150---easy answer doe management for landowners. No temptation tags needed. Might help lower pockets of high doe numbers so you can get rid of January rifle season?

Keep in mind there already are doe tags for NR but they cost 353? Give me a few doe tags at a reasonable cost, as mentioned before even cheap youth tags....yes we do allow some locals to harvest does and we allowed one local guy to shoot a buck last year....:way:

Top Bottom