Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Better start the emails, phone calls, letters....

I am a law enforcement officer and a hunter. Military style assault weapons have zero sporting purpose. They were designed to expel as many rounds as quickly as possible on a targert. The argument that banning assault firearms is a path to other guns is hogwash. Own your handgun, most people can't hit the broad side of a barn with one, own a shotgun(the best home defense weapon by the way), and have your hunting rifles. Assault weapons are designed to kill people, I use them and I am familiar with them, call them sporting if you want.

The only good thing I see about this statement is, I will be cancelling out your vote come November.

You think an "Assault Weapon", a weapon that has a black stock, and an action somewhat similar to a military type rifle, should be banned, and it has no purpose what so ever? What about a Remington 742 30-06 with a 20 or 30 round clip in it, is it considered an "Assault Rifle"? How about an H&K .223 with a 15 round clip in it, is it considered an Assault Rifle? They have wood stocks and don't have "that scary scary look of a big bad Assualt Rifle" , but no one says a thing about them. If you actually think that the liberal wack jobs in office will stop at just banning a certain gun, you are blind folded.

The very next thing would be handguns. I would think since your in LE, you would say something about hand guns. One an average, would you say crimes committed are committed with these big bad Assault rifle's, or are they assault pistols? Or how many assault knives have committed crimes? Just curious.

By the way, Stop calling a black stock semi-auto weapon an Assault Rifle, its a Semi-automatic Rifle.

If people want to do harm to others they are going to do it wether it be 3 preloaded 10 rd clips or 1 30rd, and besides there are already so many 30rd clips out there that if they ban them the only people that will have them are the people they are trying to keep them away from.

Why make vehicles that go faster than 75mph?

there is NO SUCH THING, AS AN ASSAULT WEAPON!!!!!!

a single shot .22, or a hammer, could be classified as an assault weapon. an assault weapon is a weapon used in an assault...PERIOD. i hate hearing these arguements from people that haven't the common sense to use propler language.

Wow Jdubs I'm in law enforcement and just about everyone I work with thinks the exact opposite of yourself. The second amendment has been so warped and twisted by the left because of the militia portion of it. The federalist papers are a great read if you want to know what the framers really thought in detail about limits of government and firearms. A year or two ago shall issue concealed carry was passed in Iowa. The media would make you think it was going to be blood in the streets and I believe there hasn't been one negative incident since then. The thing about anti-gun laws only law abiding people follow them, criminals do not follow them that's why their criminals.

I think weapons of war should be left to the military and law enforcement. I have no use for an M-4 in the field or to defend my home. If we come to that point we've lost all social control. I'm for gun ownership but I personally could care less about owning an AK-47. Teeroy, there are absolutely assault weapons. There are guns that are specifically made for war and others that are made for sporting purposes. Although, I do agree there are hybrids and firearms that are difficult to define. I guess I grew up with hunting guns and never found a use for other firearms. Even in my off time I do not carry my handgun. I have co-workers who do "just in case", but I choose not to live that way. To each there own. Rangey I don't how long you have been in LE but I've been so for 24 years working with federal, state, and local authorities. My comments are based on my experience. I will say I have learned a ton over the years and have changed my thoughts on a myriad of issues concerning firearms, society, and social impacts of what we do. I will leave it there because I could write a book and don't wish to bore everyone.

Last edited:
Schumer is just appealing to his voter base back home this has zero chance of getting thru this session, but it never hurts to send the E-Mails and letters. Thing is Romney went against his party when the Brady bill was passed when he was gov and signed a mirror to it into law within a week... it's out there on the net if you dig deep enough and back then he was branded a traitor, his campaign has buried it in the news, just saw a op-ed piece last week that noted it and when I went to find it on the AP wire to link to this thread it's gone, hmmm....

Been waiting for someone to bring up the NWO. A rebellion is surely coming for this and other countrys. Research "the goals of the three hundred", for starters. And this is just one group, with worldwide power. They created the damn U.N.. They want our guns, money and literally everything we have. Not trying to piss anyone off, but if you think they aren't coming, then you are very un-imformed. The only defense now are pre-emptive strikes against those that want what is yours, just because they don't want you to have it..............ck

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Hmm??

I will disagree with anyone who says an AR15 or AK47 are not sporting. Most are used for that purpose these days. So are most pistols, revolvers, single shot any guns, mutlishot shot anyguns, bows, etc. They can also become an assault weapon. So can a car, a baseball bat, a knife, your bare hands or a shoestring.

I will also disagree with anyone who says it is a civilian's "duty" to carry and protect, including off duty law enforcement, or retired or off duty military. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Y not just put the death penalty in all states then nobody will shoot peoole so that 30 round clips cab be enjoyed again

indiana bow hunter

there is NO SUCH THING, AS AN ASSAULT WEAPON!!!!!!

a single shot .22, or a hammer, could be classified as an assault weapon. an assault weapon is a weapon used in an assault...PERIOD. i hate hearing these arguements from people that haven't the common sense to use propler language.

:D:D:D You had me till you said Propler !!!!!!!! Next!!!!!

As far as Colorado goes!! I watched a show awhile back of a dude that had a huge collections of guns/artillery! He had full automatic as well as things that could kill tanks and planes!! When asked how he could lawfully own all this, he said! In Colorado as long as you have the correct paperwork.. You can own anything!!!!!!!! :thrwrck:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Yea, the death penalty sure stopped the colorado theater slaughter. Grow a brain for cryin out loud...........ck

The THREAT of anything pretty much
is useless against anyone set on doing something!!! From poachers to child molesters to murderers!!!! They think no farther than what they wanna do!! :mad: The end result isn't even a thought! Hence! Anything goes!!!

The fact of the matter is, this is just a stepping stone for the Liberals. Slowly but surely they will take away more and more gun rights. I dont own a 30 rd clip, and probably wont ever in my life. But I still will never support any kind of restriction or law like this. Stand up for guns!!! On all levels.

With the right paperwork you can own most that stuff in Iowa also. What's your point?:thrwrck:

Well I guess My point would be! Not everbody in any state ought to be allowed to own ANYTHING THEY WANT!!! In Iowa about 50% should'nt be allowed BB guns!! That would be my point sport!!!!!!:way:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Well I guess My point would be! Not everbody in any state ought to be allowed to own ANYTHING THEY WANT!!! In Iowa about 50% should'nt be allowed BB guns!!
Curious why you think 50% of Iowans shouldn't be allowed to have BB guns? What if the U.S. Government would enforce this and they decided you were on the losing end of the 50%?

Remember....this is the Government that armed Mexican drug dealers. This would be totally different story if this crime was carried out with fast and furious guns. No Government can be trusted and this is the reason and need for the 2nd.

Top Bottom