Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

City deer and MY story!

Re: City deer and more.

Yes the buck was a city deer... point beeing???????? I made it very clear I didnt want to kill the buck , many times in my typing. I just wanted his sheds, I stuck with a big buck in the city, gave you all a great story... and video... Then closed the story with his antlers in my hands!HMMMMMM, still dont see your point.Either way the big city bucks will die as always by many people with and without permits. it's life.I dont wanna hunt'em , and never have. Just think they are weak targets and they would b more pleasing to watch grow to retarded sizes and race for their sheds...

If you weren't hunting him then my point is not valid.

I would have been hunting him. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

T-
You do come across pretty brash sometimes.....it hard to see the winks and smiles through the internet you realize? Anyway, I enjoy your posts b/c they always get about 300 replies and make for a whitetail "days of our lives". Good hunting this year. The older I get the more I try not to judge others "ideas" on hunting, after all we are all pretty much the same in the end. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

12 dollars or 20 that is still cheap meat try to go to wally world and see how much burger you get for that same 12 bucks.As far as urban hunts go get them doe or bucks i live were the chikens and hoot owls screw i dont have to worry about a place to hunt but some dont have the luxury of that. Hunt when you can and where you can and have fun.

If everyone is for urban hunting and buck tags why do we not see more pictures of urban buck harvest? It is always so hush hush. I do not see people on here saying "Look at my nice city buck." They lead you to believe it is out of the city. In this thread someone said they had already killed two bucks. Lets see them. They must be big for someone to use their city buck tag.

Its interesting you wonder why no one says anything about there harvest of big city bucks. And the ones that do show them off give the impression that they were harvested outside of the city. Take for example one respected hunter, every B&C buck he has killed has been from the city. That does not make him a bad hunter, but I am sure would come as a shock to some.

Wow, heck of a first post there WS. Why call him out like that? This thread was just dying down.

It was not intended for a call out. I did not know that this would cause offense to anyone. This was just an example as stated. No harm intended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Western States</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its interesting you wonder why no one says anything about there harvest of big city bucks. And the ones that do show them off give the impression that they were harvested outside of the city. Take OneCam for example, every B&C buck he has killed has been from the city. That does make him a bad hunter, but I am sure would come as a shock to some. </div></div>I'm sure you meant "doesn't make him a bad hunter" right?

Seems like when season opens around a city, all the deer start running into the city. Stupid deer? I think not.

If hunting deer in the city and in the suburbs is easy because the deer are dumb and no pride can be taken in it, then why do we hunt deer during the rut when they are most vulnerable?

My only question was Why do we not see more harvest pics of city deer? Not just DSM but also other city hunt as well. Everyone says they are just as hard to kill as a non-city deer. There a a ton of pics of non-city deer. I know of a 194" and a 204" deer that were shot in the city last year but there was no harvest photo of either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only question was Why do we not see more harvest pics of city deer? Not just DSM but also other city hunt as well. Everyone says they are just as hard to kill as a non-city deer. There a a ton of pics of non-city deer. I know of a 194" and a 204" deer that were shot in the city last year but there was no harvest photo of either. </div></div>

Well, if you were a PMA member you would have seen two post last year about urban bucks being harvested. Neither hunter tryed to hide the fact that it they were city deer. In fact they were both very clear that they were city deer. I believe one of them was even 200"
Oh, I also know of a 180" shot in Timberline in Urbandale, but for some reason that person didn't post anything about it. Wonder why?

People just dont show city pics of cause they can b picked out way to fast.... Tons of guys wack city bucks and claim them as REAL WOODS deer all the time.. (Guys without city permits). In turn lots of guys get nailed... I for a fact know MANY of peolpe that wack deer in the city and dump some really big deer,(yes I said it!)....Are they my friends? YES, a good few of them are, The people on this site that spit out nonsence about how much they live for the sport and "Support you DNR" are a beauty mark of shame! MOST eveyone on here has broke a hunting or fishing law POINT BLANK! Rather they know it or not. Guys that have killed sparrows in there back yard, rabbits, chipmunks and much, much more are ALL breaking the law. So when I get called out for my violatoins I just site back and drink it all in with a smile.YES I took an extra buck 3 years ago and got in trouble, YES last year I killed 2 toms with one shot and tried to bring them both home. In the case of a double kill (YOU HAVE TO REMOVE BOTH ANIMALS!) it's the law. No I did'nt call right away and report it.. THE GRAY AREA OF TIME. Wich bleeds thru the DNR system every day..... I took it to court and lost the case by an inch.. O well , I learn every day something new...... So I am NOT a HIGHPOWER slayer witch I have been tittled before, or some kid that drives around Des Moines Airport and wrecks giant deer. I have kill A LOT of big ass deer in my 31 years on the planet, LEAGALLY! There are pics of bucks that would make you sick if I could post them, but I don't, cause I have a lable on my back that will always haunt me. ( all my fault).I have know idea what i am trying to get at but it feels good to get that out there for many of you to know. So maybe this will stop the bad thought of many.I cut and dry, thats how I am and will ALWAYS b. Love me, or hate me .....Either way I will give ya something to scratch your head at or VENT to your wife about how T250 really gets in your head sometimes /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif So anyway , sorry for the flurry of typing fingers but this should make this post REALLY GREAT for reading now! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif.......... thanks, TYPICAL250..................O' ya, I'm not even spell checking this cause I'm crazy like that /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

There is nothing wrong with posting a city Buck harvest. I harvested a 156 inch 8 point last year and I posted it. Not all of can find land to hunt outside the city or don't have the money to drive 30 miles to hunt. Hunting inside the city means I can get off working at 6 am and be in my stand 10 minutes later. I am proud of the Buck I harvested last year and you couldn't have killed him with a sling shot like you say. Some of the younger does or like that. But the mature bucks are just as hard to harvest inside the city as out. I'm sure that you have permission to shed hunt all the properties where you find your sheds. Unlike the buck I found one day later that I shot on November 9th with my bow at 12:30 p.m. and I know it wasn't a great shot so I wanted it so sit overnight and I found it the next day with it's head cut off.

Boy, oh boy. One can tell deer season is almost upon us and everyone is getting restless. I'm going to reply to part of the original post to help get this post straightened out. I agree that your 2nd, 3rd, etc. doe tag should be a bit lower than $12. Maybe there is more of an overhead in urban deer hunts, that I do not know for sure, but county tags could be lower IMO. The $12 tag has not been around that long and the DNR has still thrived. IMO the $12 tags aren't the sole means of putting food on the DNR's table.

EVERYONE wants to hunt Iowa, period. Up the dollar amount of an out of state tag, sure everyone out of state will cry about it, but it sure as hell won't stop them from applying. Then lower the doe tag amounts down to around $5-$7 for each county for us residents. My opinion is just a drop in the bucket and won't change anything, but it's just a thought...

i have shot 4 city bucks since i began posting and i have posted pics of all of them on the pma harvest pics and every one of them says city deer on them.i feel no different about them than any country buck i have killed.i know two people that ate 2 buck tag sandwiches each that hunt the same farms as me in town, they never got a shot at a shooter all season.one of them only hunts in town, of all the people that recieve bucks tags only half of them even get filled.it isnt easy where i hunt apparently by the sounds of it it must be very easy in other towns.the problem is its the people that dont hunt in town that talks about how easy it is.but it is fun though
except dragging out all of the does then taking them home to gut them.then boning them out cause its to warm to hang them.
that isnt on the fun list.
thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have kill A LOT of big ass deer in my 31 years on the planet, LEAGALLY! There are pics of bucks that would make you sick if I could post them, but I don't, cause I have a lable on my back that will always haunt me. ( all my fault).:D </div></div>

I believe you have posted some of your deer you have taken, but do you got any other pics to share with us? I don't care about any label or what you've done in your past; its none of my businees. I just like to see people be successful and kill big deer. So what do you say T250?

Man it would be great to, but dont need the stress. sorry B-T-M. Look me up if your ever in Des Moines /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Everyone has made mistakes in life whether in hunting or life in general. The important thing is to have the stones to man up to the mistakes we have made and grow from them and if necessary correct what we can.

Mistakes can not be taken back....but to have the stones to come clean and own up to them is something everyone should respect. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Most guys will not do that and it shows growth of character in doing so. You don't need anyones approval here T250. Good and Safe hunting this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Now quit stirring the pot around here! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif.

Top Bottom