Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do respect TV shows that accept "Snake Oil" as a

Re: Do respect TV shows that accept "Snake Oil" as

Dead horse here fella's!

Changing things up,
Pharmer is your new avatar what you think we should have done or should be doing to Baghdad? If so, I agree!
angel.gif
evil.gif

I'll only say one more thing on the carbon stuff, that is until it comes up again, I agree 100% that carbon cannot be reactivated in a household dryer. I agree 100% that after a mile long hike into your stand that it probably has been used up. BUT, there is something to it. Is it the carbon? Is it the tight weave? Is it the knit cuffs, waist band and collar? Is it the hunter wearing it actually has his face in the wind? I don't know. I orderd new cammos at the classic WITHOUT carbon linning. I have a set of carbon liners that I wear under my cammo. I've worn 'em for 5 years. Are they carbonless from washing? Probably. Do they help me see more deer? Maybe. Do they make me more confident? Yes. Do I forget the wind? No. When they are in tatters and worn out will I replace them? It gives me the heebee jeebees, but no, I will not spend the money on them again. I will invest in something that has a tight weave and is layerable. But no more often than I wear the liners, I can't see 'em wearing out for a long time.

The 'Bonker

Just for humor.... don't take personally!

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of [censored]. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

With all of this PROOF and SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE talk, this is all that I could think of. I don't care if it works or not, it's amazing to see fellow hunters get so upset about something so insignificant.

I knew that would get you going.

I try get ridd of all scent and try to hunt the wind but like said before the wind dosnt stay the same always so I use scent eilminators cover scent and carbon.

To each their own.
waytogo.gif

Nice deer.
grin.gif

Just another beaten horse here, just like many of the other new products on the market. I personally use carbon clothing, have never paid a dime more than anyone pays for regular hutning gear (I can gurantee that), I have two sets one that keeps me cool in the early season and one that keeps me warm in the late season.

I see the carbon clothing pimping no different than the Mathews bow pimping. How did they get som many people to buy the bows, well they gave them to every pro they could and everytime you saw someone shoot a monster deer, elk, etc. that is what they were holding. Now could that guy have killed that deer with a bowtech, hoyt, pse, parker, browning, etc. I'm not taking anything away from Mathews or any bow company but if you but enough of them in the right hands you are going to increase your sales pretty quickly, whether your bow is that much better or not.

So I guess all of us get pimped in some way!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Dead horse here fella's!

Changing things up,
Pharmer is your new avatar what you think we should have done or should be doing to Baghdad? If so, I agree!

[/ QUOTE ]

DOR- if I change it right now I could really have a laugh about what we should be doing to Baghdad! OK- Mr Restraint won't go there....

WOOOOOOOT!!!! DEAD HORSE!!!! SOMEONE BEAT IT AGAIN !!!

BeatDeadHorse.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You have all that stuff and drive a 1977 Chevy Blazer...Wow
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why he has it, he doesn't drive a new one.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BeatDeadHorse.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Muddy, I've been waiting for you to use the dead horse for awhile!!!
Thank you!
applause.gif
applause.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BeatDeadHorse.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew that was gonna come out!
applause.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BeatDeadHorse.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I just placed a $500 order for camo clothing through Gray Wolf Woolens for myself and own two $1000 bow setups, two $400 Double Bull blinds, and hunt with Lone Wolf Treestands and climbing sticks. I buy the most expensive and BEST equipment that is on the market. I am simply showing that I will spend the money for a product if I can be shown that it is proven to work

[/ QUOTE ]

i could have sworn i have heard uncle ted say the same thing about magnus broadheads, simms vibration labratories,.....yadda, yadda, yadda. you guys must have taken the same seminar in how to get sponsored

so is this post supposed to tell us all what your thoughts are on carbon scent eliminators (which you have mentioned quite often) or, to drum up sponsors for your dvds?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I just placed a $500 order for camo clothing through Gray Wolf Woolens for myself and own two $1000 bow setups, two $400 Double Bull blinds, and hunt with Lone Wolf Treestands and climbing sticks. I buy the most expensive and BEST equipment that is on the market. I am simply showing that I will spend the money for a product if I can be shown that it is proven to work

[/ QUOTE ]

i could have sworn i have heard uncle ted say the same thing about magnus broadheads, simms vibration labratories,.....yadda, yadda, yadda. you guys must have taken the same seminar in how to get sponsored

so is this post supposed to tell us all what your thoughts are on carbon scent eliminators (which you have mentioned quite often) or, to drum up sponsors for your dvds?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Scent Lok offered you a 25,000 dollar a year sponsorship, would you take it, or would you just laugh in their face hardcore?

Hardcore is absolutely right, this alleged technology is the biggest scam, maybe ever. It is impossible to regenerate the carbon liner with a dryer, which is maybe 125 degress, when 1600 is required. And never mind the one mile walk to your stand, the liner is immediately saturated during manufacture(foreign sweat shop), transport, and while it hangs on the showroom rack. BTW, I have consulted a chemist I work with, who is a hunter, it's impossible for the suit to work.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no sponsors and have not tried to get any. We want to have several DVD's completed before we even solicit any. The products I mentioned are products that I like to currently use.

Everytime I hear someone else is coming out with a new hunting DVD I cringe.
I personally think the hunting DVD's are the biggest scam and worst possible advertising we hunters in Iowa can face. I had only 1 and it came with a double bull blind, and I gave it to a freind. Otherwise I won't put my money into watching someone harvest something they are trying to make a living off of. And if they say they are only doing it for the passion, bullcrap. When you think have to harvest something just to get another DVD out for the following year then I think you have lost the true value of what hunting does for us.
As for the clothing issue, what is to say one companies camo is better than anothers? How is it scientificly proven?
confused.gif

I think it is also based on hunter harvest success and celeb's also. Like someone said before, hey if the carhart bibs work and you are harvesting deer, why change anything? People have different views and beliefs-it's what makes the world go around. And I know I'm not in the majority with the DVD's.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Scent Lok offered you a 25,000 dollar a year sponsorship, would you take it, or would you just laugh in their face hardcore?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody but the antichrist can give me $$ as a sponsor, but I will not stand up and promote or endorse something that is scientifically proven to not work. Very few products in the hunting industry are affected by science like carbon is. Believe me, they won't be contacting me as I have openly burnt my bridge with carbon clothing on many open forums. The carbon clothing makers have put out some very nice bowhunter clothing, it is quiet material and has pockets and is designed for a bowhunter. I would wear and use them, but not for one minute would I believe that I am going to reactivate the carbon in these clothes or would I spend the extra $$ on carbon clothing. It would have to be given to me. I would not tell the public that carbon clothing worked and promote and endorse carbon lined clothing. I would never setup in a tree and say, "Wow, the carbon clothing got me close to that deer." My shows are going to be real hunting; showing proper stand placement, how to use the wind, how to hunt funnels, etc. No infomercial on a snake oil. Hunting is not a gimmick, it is proper stand placement, alot of hard work, and a lot of luck.

I wanted to hear what others think about "snake oils" being overly promoted on TV hunting shows. I am open for any more "snake oils" that others feel dominate or are ridiculous gimmmicks. This one carbon infomercial show is what really struck a nerve with me. From what I have gathered from listening to many people, is that most people don't care if you are selling beach front property in New Orleans on your hunting show, they ignore the commericials or just plain don't watch any hunting shows as the shows are all lame. Whatever pays the bills. I am doing research, I can't label all of the snake oils and burn all of my bridges.
grin.gif

You da man, someday teach me all of that so I can get rid of my "carbon suit" and start killing deer

wtf is a snake oil?

Top Bottom