Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do respect TV shows that accept "Snake Oil" as a

Re: Do respect TV shows that accept "Snake Oil" as

Sheesh . . . turkey season won't get here soon enough.

[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh . . . turkey season won't get here soon enough

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif

should i wear carbon when i hunt turks
grin.gif

If the whole carbon thing really worked, wouldn't they have made underwear out of it by now?
grin.gif
It would really help out on those days I have baked bean sandwiches, deviled eggs and beer!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If the whole carbon thing really worked, wouldn't they have made underwear out of it by now?
grin.gif
It would really help out on those days I have baked bean sandwiches, deviled eggs and beer!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget my famous sauerkraut chilli!

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
If the whole carbon thing really worked, wouldn't they have made underwear out of it by now? It would really help out on those days I have baked bean sandwiches, deviled eggs and beer!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is it does work
grin.gif

web page

Here are FACTS on carbon reactivation, read until your heart is content. Hey, there are plenty of gimmicks designed to take a hunters' or consumers money that in no way will probably help one get a deer. This carbon clothing is just one of the most blatent IMO. I didn't want to get into a carbon clothing discussion, I also wanted others' opinions on other products that hunters felt were snake oils and whether hunters mind having any of these products endorsed by the hunter just so the show can be aired. I want to know if it insults you as a viewer or do you just push mute?

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkkOJ0vVFtQYBBc5XNyoA?p=carbon+reactivation&ei=UTF-8&x=wrt

Another quote out of another carbon reactivation company; this info is readily available.

Quote"Product Name:
Carbon Reactivation

Product Description:
Advanced Recovery offers the service of thermal reactivation for spent carbon. Reactivation is the process of using high temperature and steam to produce an activating atmosphere which removes the contaminants from the carbon's internal pore structure. This process is very similar to the process used to manufacture virgin activated carbons. After the carbon is reactivated it is screened to remove fines, tested to ensure that it meets specifications, and packaged for use. Certificates of VOC destruction can be supplied on all carbon that is processed through the furnace and test certificates can be provided on all fresh carbon. Spent carbon has the ability to be recycled over and over again and still remain effective. With all impurities totally destroyed the recycled product can be rotated back into service at significant cost savings.

http://www.cameroncarbon.com/spent_c...BmKhirgcMD0xrG
Quote" Cameron Carbon offers spent activated carbon reactivation (recycling) services at a fully permitted reactivation facility. Spent carbon is recycled in specially designed high temperature furnaces that can restore the carbon's pore structure to new or near new quality. The organics that are vaporized from the spent carbon are fully destroyed downstream of the furnace by an air pollution control system. Certification of VOC destruction can be provided upon request." End of Quote

http://www.justnorth.com/Articles/ArticleLibrary/tabid/612/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/48/Default.aspx

Hardcore your convinced you must have scientific proof to prove something works. There are many things in life that people believe in that aren't based on science but Belief. I think you know what I'm refering to. I have hunted with scent layer clothing for 6 years now, and I truly BELIEVE that it helps control human scent. It doesn't make it vanish but it helps contain it.

HardCore,
I read your very first post and was kind of shocked that you through out how much money you spend on your hunting set-up, Why do you spend this much? Does it make you a better hunter because you have the latest and greatest? Nope, Im pretty sure there are guys still using the bows that were made in the 90's killing deer, and wearing camo clothes that they get at the local Wally World. Guys that have used the same noisy treestand for years because they sit it in the correct spot, hell I use the same stand that has been there before I even existed. (The Ground) Do I still kill deer in Blue jeans and a black coat, yep sure do because of scouting. Not because of my bow, camo, tree stand etc... All because of patterning them there deer.

I praise you for not doing it because of the money and sponsors (well atleast from carbon clothing companies) and wouldnt plug a product that you do not believe 100% in. But how can you not believe 100% in something unless you try it for your self.

There is a lot of people out there that dont believe it works, will I spend $200 to see for my self and do my own experience, sure I will to gain my own opinion instead of listening to someone elses.

1600 degrees will not melt clothes. People that use carbon clothing dont use house hold dryers to reactivate, some go to the dry cleaners and their dryers do get that hot.

Good luck with your choice and forming your own opinion instead of reading articles and letting someone elses opinion influence yours.

OOHH thats it Im throwing all my carbon in the trash!!

[ QUOTE ]
Nanny, what if it was the Drury's making you push that "EGG" turkey call?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with nannyslayer. That egg is the biggest waste of money ever created. P.O.S. any way you look at it.

Great weather, huh everybody!! Love it and can't wait for motorcycle weather and turkey season. I believe that good body hygiene, dressing in layers, proper stand placement, not walking where deer are going to approach from, and wearing rubber boots is what actually helps keeps a persons' scent "contained" better than anything. Layers lock in our odors and help insulate us against the cold. Most of our human odor is coming from our mouths and we can't chew on a carbon lozenge.
grin.gif
I also think that if a person is buying carbon clothing that they have reached the level in their hunting that they want to try to be the best that they can be and that since they know how to hunt with the correct wind and proper stand placement, that the carbon clothing is a placebo in their head. They are already a knowledgeable hunter and they could probably kill just as many deer wearing a pink thong while up in a treestand as they can wearing their magic carbon outfit. You have to admit, that it is insulting to every knowledgeable hunter out there, the advertising gimmick slogan,"Forget the wind, just hunt."

[ QUOTE ]
wearing a pink thong while up in a treestand

[/ QUOTE ]
What, everyone doesn't were one of these. I mean, thats um weird.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wearing a pink thong while up in a treestand

[/ QUOTE ]
What, everyone doesn't were one of these. I mean, thats um weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my favorite piece to wear, if I dont wear it I see nothing
grin.gif

To tell ya the truth I had a buddy kill a 160" buck wearing an Orange Thong, He wouldn't let me wear it after he got his I was kinda pissed at him, hell I would of atleast washed it.

Top Bottom