Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Bucks.

SaskGuy

I was involved in a discussion about the current wr typical on here. I did and still do stand by the fact that deer are killed in numerous ways and I won't begrudge any legal hunter. In reality the wr or scoresheets are not supposed to be about the hunter anyways but the deer.

Some people said they would like to see the currect wr fall b/c they don't "like" the deer as much as others. That's what this thread is about. Neither do I as a matter of fact, there are many deer in the history of whitetails that I find more impressive. Honestly, what I would like in this thread is for people to post a picture of a buck that they find absolutely tremendous. Tell where it was from, size and how it was taken if known.

This is our #1 non typ at 265 and change. We do not generally produce alot of monster non typs like many states seem to do. It was taken in 1957, with a rifle near White Fox, SK, not much else is known. Circumferences average 6 6/8". Do the math..that's 54" mass.
LW_R18145_P.jpg

I'll add another one. This one is also from SK and was also killed by a rifle. Much like the currect wr it was the case of a farmer who shot a tremendous whitetail while hunting in a manner employed by pretty much every person in the area of the province he resides in, way back in 1983, when going deer hunting meant going for a little drive around the farm and getting some deer meat. I may not choose to employ this particular tactic myself but will admit that the 200 2/8" net typical with it's 24" inside spread is pretty impressive.
th_0004.jpg

The Breen buck is my favorite buck ever shot. I love big 10 pointers. I also love the Nebraska buck "The General" which are sheds. I don't really like big nasty looking non-typicals. They don't do anything for me. I do particularly like the Brian Andrews buck though. That was a sow!!

Love the big typicals also. My favorite three are probably the Bills, Breen, and Rath (even though the Rath I believe was officially scored as a non-typical). I will go with the Rath as my favorite as the flat framed shape along with the upward sweeping beams just make for a very majestic looking rack. Even though a NT, it still has a traditional typical shape to it, what a stud buck !!

Bills buck is an EXTREMELY close 2nd.

picture.php

Last edited:
One of my all time favorites is the Chad Goetten buck out of Illinois. Not sure how to post pics so if someone could look him up and post it you'll see what I mean. Unbelievable MASS that grosses around the 250 mark with 199 of those his Gross Typical score!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't pick just one. I was hoping this thread could show of dozens of giants. I know the Rath buck was shot on a drive. I think the Breen was a rifle kill. I like to know how each hunt went down too.
I could post many more favorites..heck I might.

I love the Kent Petry buck out of Montana..I just love how the ends of the beams turn up, and its 199 typical score..I am terrible at pictures so I pry wont be posting one.....I am really a fan of any deer out there though...haha

Top Bottom