Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Bucks.

This is one of my favorites. The Andrews Buck. They had replicas at our turkey banquet a couple years back. Awesome buck...being a bow buck makes it even more impressive IMO. Too bad it got stolen.
Andrewsbuck6.jpg

I just love the frame on this deer. I've seen quite a few big typicals from my area that look real similar to this. Great Post...

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

This is the largest Typical ever killed and is my favorite. They shouldn't be allowed to deduct antler growth!

218-damery_buck_1.jpg

Here is one of my favorites. It was taken locally here as I used to play hockey with the hunters son when it was taken. It was taken about 15 years ago in rifle season, not sure by which method. I love mass.

Picture003.jpg

I've always loved that buck too Bobby. I'd fall over dead if I ever pulled a shed like that from the snow.

There was some sheds found from that buck from the year before, not sure but I thought it was the neighbor.

Has the Mel Johnson buck been mentioned? It is much more impressive in person than it is in this photo!

1040-mel_johnson.jpg

4039-illinoisroadkill-300.jpg

My favorite growing up. The IL road kill. Hit by a car in 1965 in my home county. Driver was never known. Some of the original stocking.

This is the Hancock county buck right? Do you know which part of Hancock county it was hit in? I have asked alot of older farmers and hunters and they dont know.

WOW~!! Never seen pics of that buck before..I can't imagine what it would be like to find even a shed of that size let alone killing a buck like that!!

Here is one of my favorites. It was taken locally here as I used to play hockey with the hunters son when it was taken. It was taken about 15 years ago in rifle season, not sure by which method. I love mass.

Picture003.jpg

You have to love the Simmons buck, I do because it is only one hour away from where I live in Muscatine and taken with a bow. Awesome.

Not all big giants end up famous for whatever reason. This one was killed up here in 2006, ened up with a net score of 202 typ and change but it grossed substancially higher. I read an article in Big Buck magazine awhile ago which showed better pics and did a side by side comparison to the current wr and this buck is just simply "bigger". Crappy photo is the only one I could find, but what a giant.
Picture%20164.jpg

Speaking of bucks from home towns, there are two back from the same county I used to hunt in by mom and das. One, the Simmons Buck, has already been accounted for and the second I can't find a picture probably because I'm spelling it wrong. The Manderscheid Buck.

I havent seen pictures of the Manderschied buck either, but my ol man knows the guy who shot it. I think that deer was shot in 1977, but not 100% sure.

I googled manderschied buck and got a site to a site that said it was shot on Dec. 12th 1977, with 35 points and it scored 256 7/8 non typ. Picture didnt load.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's the buck, shot during shotgun season around Maquoketa on a well executed 2 man drive. The man who shot the buck (Jeff I think) has passed on if what I remember is true.

Hey Muddy, I am pretty sure it is David Manderscheid..and there are pictures of the buck in the Legendary Whitetail book..I cant seem to find a picture on the internet, but I will scan it when I get off work tonight...

Top Bottom