Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Bucks.

Yeah, I looked in my LW book over lunch, David. Not sure where I got Jeff from, either way... heckuva buck.

Not all big giants end up famous for whatever reason. This one was killed up here in 2006, ened up with a net score of 202 typ and change but it grossed substancially higher. I read an article in Big Buck magazine awhile ago which showed better pics and did a side by side comparison to the current wr and this buck is just simply "bigger". Crappy photo is the only one I could find, but what a giant.
Picture%20164.jpg

pics of the mounted replica are on

http://whitetailreplicas.net/typica...an_King_Buck_Replica_and_Photo_Downloads.html

BTW the 206 score they mention is wrong.

Also there is a pic of the full mount here

http://whitetailreplicas.net/img/frontpagebuck_primary.jpg

The 2 guys who got the deer had a site a while back where they were selling repilcas but I can't find it at the moment.

www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/132/2008-whitetail-deer-july

A recreation of it.

"Bucks just don’t get much bigger than this tremendous 2006 Saskatchewan whitetail. Maurice Berezowski and John Tarala shot at the same time and dropped this buck that officially scores 202 5/8 net typical B&C with a 31 6/8-inch outside spread. The rack also scores 231 3/8 net non-typical. This buck ranks #4 for Saskatchewan and #9 in the world."

Last edited:
Yeah, I looked in my LW book over lunch, David. Not sure where I got Jeff from, either way... heckuva buck.
Yep it was Dave, if I remember right he was killed in a forklift accident at work around 10 years ago or longer. My brother was hunting with him the day before he shot the buck. I hunted the place a couple times since then but things have changed there alot since then. I believe he sold the buck or his family did after he died.

Still have a liking to the Lloyd Goad buck mainly because of fond memories of bowfishing with him and sipping cotties before his passing. He ALWAYS wanted to watch me shoot a fish instead of him taking the shot.

bk1b2s.jpg

I think after seeing the score sheet in this months North American Whitetail that this deer just became one of the most impressive I've seen!
221dd87fc0df4343b422cef5c6768d0f.Large.jpg

i dont see what everyones beef is with the hanson buck? they says its not impressive. whats not impressive about it? its a super clean monster typical, thats what the typical record should look like. if you want a ton of junk look at the non typicals. i just dont understand. yeah im not too fond of the way it was killed but there are a ton of bucks that fall to the spray and pray method of huntin every year, just something we have to live with.

I'll agree that the mass is sub par at just under 36" total, but everything else is well above par, extremely well above. Mass, symmetry, tine legth, width, lack of abnormals,..they're hard to get all of on one buck.

A few of my favorites. I like the BIG typical frames, if you can't tell. :)

210 3/8 NET typical frame. 17 6/8 inches of abnormals make it Oklahoma's #2 all-time typical.
473-wt_tale_1208a.jpg

The Iowa Phantom. 268 2/8 shed antlers.
473-untitled.bmp

Shot last year in Iowa. 202 1/8 gross, 194 3/8 net, obviously with HUGE mass.
473-my10.jpg

2000 Illinois bow kill. 250 7/8 non-typical with a 212 inch NET typical frame.
473-french_buck_1.jpg

2003 Indiana buck. Gross 197 7/8, net 192.
473-aa1004harvey2.jpg

thumbs_iowa-monster-buck.jpg

This is a nice 240 class 2009 NT from IA. Love the frame, good mass and showy. It is likely on the forum here somewhere but I have not seen it. Any details?

Last edited:
Honestly, what I would like in this thread is for people to post a picture of a buck that they find absolutely tremendous. Tell where it was from, size and how it was taken if known.

4298257277_3d348b8648_o.jpg

In the theme of the above, this is one that really kranks me. 181 4/8 net,188 3/8 gross, With 5 6/8 bases and three circumferences over 6, the largest 7 5/8, it has clean round mass few racks can equal. It is hard to say if the color is natural in the pic but it looks like one of those deep chocolate racks everyone loves.

Shot in 1955 by Anton Flaman N. of Southey, SK it is one great head despite a score of 181.

I suspect the pic and kid makes it look bigger than it is but this is what I want a world record to look like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom