Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite Bucks.

Thanks Chokepoint! Finally a decent pic of the 'Southern Iowa Giant'....if you want more details about that deer and the controversy surrounding it jump over to the Harvest Forum.

I have to go with this one first, 15" droptine, 217" non-typical and found on our farm

4143-lobster_claw.jpg

Probably my all time favorite (Swehla Buck):

4143-swehla_buck.jpg

And you have to like this one:

4143-world-record-whitetail-buck-2008-01.jpg

Kratz, I love all 3 deer, even the last one which is a high fence deer. Somebodies pet in other words. Still a sweet looking giant NT!

whitetail-nontyp-Gallery-lg.jpg

This Alberta buck found dead is known as the Melom buck for Murray Melom who found it. Found not far from where the Neil Morin buck was taken, it has similarities and may or may not be related to it. Buckmasters magazine had an article on replicas that featured it. They called it one of the most impressive racks they had seen. It scored 286 net B&C as it was with several inches of missing antler chewed off by rodents. They estimated it at 305 B&C if it had been complete.

Great Brow tines.

4347293417_9efe16da66_o.jpg

4347293463_8983f51a2d_o.jpg

I was looking for something else and found these pics on my drive. I have no clue what head this is but it is a giant and look at that colour and mass. The ivory tipped tines are sweet! I saw a note that it is in the 197 T range and it looks it. This is a dream buck for sure. From the colour, I am guessing it is a Canadian buck.

If anyone knows more about it I would like to hear it. It was in a folder marked 2006 or thereabouts.

Three more that trip my trigger. I LOVE big typicals. :D

Hubert Collins buck. 203 3/8 net.
473-25th_collinstpwhitetail20338.jpg

Kevin Miller buck. 201 6/8 gross, 194 net typical and the Maryland state record.
473-kevinmiller.jpg

Daryl Blum buck. 202 2/8 gross with only 2 3/8 inches of deductions! 1 1/8 inch abnormal point makes a net typical score of 198 6/8. A rifle kill from Missouri with 16 2/8 and 17 1/8 inch G-2s!!! :eek: This is the best picture I found.
473-blumbuck.bmp

Madison,...I searched and searched for a pic of Hubert Collins' buck and couldn't find one. Not often a buck that nearly became a wr bowkill doesn't leave photo evidence behind but Collins' did. He chopped the head off that thing and tossed it out back until someone saw it and suggested he get it scored.

I believe these are sheds from Iowa but man, what a beautiful double drop

Sam Willet sheds 255 4/8"

th0225.jpg

Also liked this one. Hadn't seen it till now

The 30 gallon buck from Minnesota harvested by Jim Saurdorff in 1985

244"

th4026.jpg

4354369315_b4fcf4941f.jpg

The Willet sheds are very nice.

Above is another great double drop I found on my hard drive.

Once again no clue on this head but my notes suggest it is a 228 NT from Canada. Not the best field photo but a great deer.

Top Bottom