Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If you had a chance to hunt with a celebrity?

bootyshake.gif
evil.gif

Dale Earnhardt Sr... I sure that Guy had some serious land connections, and you have to admit, I bet he could drive the HELL out of a 4-wheeler!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd would thouroughly enjoy an Iowa bow hunt with Craig Morgan. That guy is the man.

Who would you hunt with Jeremy??? The world renowned Thomas Allen??
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have already hunted with the famed Thomas Allen. (Don't turkey hunt with him. He likes to miss turkeys!!)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever!!!!!
bootyshake.gif
bootyshake.gif

The Primo's guys would be great. Or Turkey Hunting with Eddie Salter, just so he could show me how to gobble.

I guess the guy out there now that I seem to enjoy watching more than anyone is Steve Snow. That guy knows big whitetails and seems very humble to boot.

I have had some pretty cool experiances hunting with and being in camp with a few celebs. Turkey hunting in Texas seems to be the biggest melting pot.I Even got to be in a couple TV shows and DVD's. I have had the opportunity to call turkeys in with Chris Kirby,[censored] Kirby, Ernie Calendrelli and Matt Morret. Jay Novecheck of Dallas Cowboy fame(back when they had a team) 10 years ago in texas. Also, had a rare opportunity to have a writer and celeb here in Iowa bow hunting. Jon Phillips, author from Birmingham, AL. was a riot to hunt with. That Alabama boy wore more layers of clothes in Nov. than my wife to a poker game.Dave Henderson was in Missouri turkey camp-kinda dry but very knowledgable.

One of the greatest men I ever met was a fella by the name of Wayne Gendron of Springfield, MO. Wayne was a fellow Quaker Boy Pro Staffer who utterly LOVED the hunt.He preferred to take a kid or lady on thier first hunt,but also loved to challenge whatever the hunt would throw at him. He did passed away a couple years ago, but the time I was priveleged to spend in the woods with him is completely UNFORGETABLE.

One thing I can tell you about huntin' with "famous" people is, to not commercialize the experiance but savor it. We all just want to get away from our work when Mother Nature is grasping our imagination. Being in front of the camera does not make the hunt more enjoyable. It's tough.When you do get to hunt with that celebrity of your dreams-make the lasting memory THEIRS as well as yours.

In my life I have been blessed with many hunting companions and experiances that I would not trade for anything. Turkey calling contest got me started and now my job involves me with several note worthy people.The people that I still haven't hunted with that I'd love to have in camp would be Bill Jordon,Jim Shockey and Jeff Foxworthy--not that I'm not working on it.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say Ricky Bobby! shake and bake

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you amagine hunting with Will Ferrel?
jester.gif

Leave it to me to have a different take. I ate beans last night so I’m fulla gas this morning.

This is an excellent question, but there are a lot of “depends on” variables. Depends on what I’m hunting, what method of hunting and where I’m hunting.

If I’m deer hunting with a bow, sitting in a tree stand all day it is a lot different than water fowl or turkey hunting sitting in a blind all day. The former doesn’t really lend itself to learning much from you partner because of how quiet and still you need to be but the latter lends itself well to a day long chance to pick you companions brain on any and every subject.

There is Latin saying, “In Veno Veritas” in wine there is truth. I think this is carried through to hunting. In hunting there is truth. I think if you spend a day, one on one, in a hunting blind, with the only distraction being the quarry, you can get to know your fellow hunter. There is “jenesaisquoi”, something that compels you, and your companion, to be truthful, be honest, be yourself.

Having said that, I’d love to spend a day in a blind with any number of US Presidents. I’d like to pick GW’s mind to see if he is indeed as ineloquent a speaker or unintelligent as the media portrays him. I’d like to spend time with He Clinton and She Clinton, not that they would ever go hunting, to see if they are as disengenuine as I think they are. Ronald Regan, if he were still alive, I’d like to know if he was indeed “The Great Communicator” or an actor who read his lines “To slip the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God” has to be one of the best lines ever written. Tricky [censored], I’d ask him what was on those 14 minutes of blank tape. No, it really goes deeper than any one question with anybody. I wanna sit in the blind and try to figure out what makes a person “tick”. Why they did what they did and what tangents in there life caused them to be what they are. Hitler, Idi Amin, Pol Pot and their ilk on one side of my list and Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr. on the other side. Don’t get me wrong, I want to hunt with people I admire as well as those who are nuts, to find out the truth in who they were/are.

If you are talking learning about hunting, that is a whole different matter. That’s where I pick the minds of the greatest hunters around, and that is any hunter I’m speaking to at the moment. I can learn something from everybody.

If you are talking about who you’d like to sit around a campfire and BS with, then it would be anybody on this site.

My gas is expelled now.

The ‘Bonker

I would have to say Alex Rutlidge that guy is a hoot,but my favorite is my 9 year old son can't wait till 9-15 to get in the feild.

Anyone remember Bob Fratzke? I've read where he has quite the understanding of how to hunt in bluff country and get away with those nasty wind currents. I'd like to learn a few things from him.

Top Bottom