Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Special Season Reality......

My displeasure has been emailed as well. Though I think allowing the tags to be legal during the late antlerless season is a very good alternative. IF they do that then they should allow all unfilled tags to be viable during the late antlerless season. I know I'd LOVE to go out with my unfilled archery antlerless tags and whack a bunch of does with my muzzleloader.

I too sent out an email to Willie and Jeff in favor of moving back the proposed season until at least the 7th of January.

I encourage others to speak up as well.

In Michigan, where I came from, the DNR lost control of the deer herd. The Ag. Dept and the Insurance companies took control. That is what a Biologist told me personally. Doe permits were not issued at all where I lived when I first moved up there. I asked the Biologist why. He said fron their surveys, deer numbers were not large enough. suddenly, one year there were unlimited permits. Once again I asked him why. He said Higher powers, over -rode their former decisions. Suburbanites,$$$, and Farmers outnumber deer hunters. That's the Real Deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">isnt the big picture here all about the health of our deer herd? </div></div>

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

One way or another, though business lobbying at the govt level it all comes back to........ see above.

I also sent my displeasure and asked them to consider the late antlerless season for any unfilled tags. We have this option in IL and it is a great time to pop some does if you need to eliminate some extra does or want some more meat for the freezer. You let this little season slide in and we are in big trouble for the future

there is no money gained from this extra season, the tags were already paid for, but I think I can smell what your stepping in

Okay, I wanted to throw another loop in this! Maybe someone knows the answer to this and I missed it, but I forgot to ask Jeff and wanted to get votes on here. SO if/when the season becomes available how will party hunting work? I have two or three people who didn't use their tags, I used my on a doe! Would I still be able to hunt with them? Can I go out on my land with my gun and help my buddies fill their tags?

Ohhh maybe I can carry my bow on the drives!!

P.S. This is a hypathetical(sp), but how will it work for party hunting. If a father used his tag can he still go out with his family and hunt too??? Or is it JUST for unused tags and the name printed on them?

i dont know the answer to your question Andy,

but here is another thought...

i would prlly be ok with this season if deer drives were illegal for this season only!!!

?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i dont know the answer to your question Andy,

but here is another thought...

i would prlly be ok with this season if deer drives were illegal for this season only!!!

? </div></div>

I did ask about that, and he told me drives are the most effective way to harvest deer in Iowa and driving will never change, and never be stopped. I changed topics after that!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Choose your battles!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">P.S. This is a hypathetical(sp), but how will it work for party hunting. If a father used his tag can he still go out with his family and hunt too??? Or is it JUST for unused tags and the name printed on them? </div></div>
If there are some people out taking a nature hike while im hunting I wont mind, just make sure you wear blazing orange /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JOHN DEERE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The email I sent to Jeff Jones was undeliverable; it got sent back. What is his correct email?

Thanks </div></div>

Not Jones, it's Joens. Address has to be typed exact, with capital letters and everything.

[email protected]

I've got another solution. Why not let hunters fill any unfilled tag from any year? I have a mug full of all my unfilled tags at home. Plenty of late season tags.

Top Bottom