Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

walmart stopping ammo sales?

I think that the original point of this thread has been lost. I am not a real fan of Walmart but I don't feel they are the Devil either. They ARE the largest retailer in America if not the world. It may look like they do not stock a lot of ammo but it seems that every time we would stop by to get some .223 or .45 ammo for a short notice visit to the range they were out unless they had just stocked the shelves. That was before all this craziness broke out. They must move a ton of ammo and if they can be scared or intimidated into not carrying it for whatever reason that should be a concern to all of us.

this thread is the perfect illustration of how partisan politics has dumbed down Americans. Obamacare sucks, yet it was originally an idea that was put forth by republicans in the late 60's or early 70's. I agree with the mandate, I don't wan't fricking obese people not having any skin in the game. Is Obama care the route I would have taken, hell no. It should be repealed and replaced. On to whoever said Electrolux got taxed out? WTF dude, Mexican labor is like $2.50 an hour. So, if you want, you go to work for $2.50 an hour, or if your employer leaves for cheaper labor, you can't bitch, right? The stupid is strong in this thread.

Obamalogic_zps32619c23.jpg

Sending our money to "CHINA"????
If Walmart is an issue there- how do we feel about TRILLIONS & TRILLIONS being BORROWED FROM CHINA so we can blow it, buy votes, spend on things we obviously can't afford & obviously don't have the money for?!?!??!

So, would that actually be "getting $ from China"??? Or would that also be "sending our $ to china" since we have to pay huge interest on the debt we accrued & owe them interest on??? Not sure which would be correct. Not a fan of China or how Walmart gets most stuff there BUT 2, 5, 10, 20 billion or WHATEVER it is is nothing VS what's going on with the crooks in DC where it relates to China & spending us into oblivion.

Sending our money to "CHINA"????
If Walmart is an issue there- how do we feel about TRILLIONS & TRILLIONS being BORROWED FROM CHINA so we can blow it, buy votes, spend on things we obviously can't afford & obviously don't have the money for?!?!??!

So, would that actually be "getting $ from China"??? Or would that also be "sending our $ to china" since we have to pay huge interest on the debt we accrued & owe them interest on??? Not sure which would be correct. Not a fan of China or how Walmart gets most stuff there BUT 2, 5, 10, 20 billion or WHATEVER it is is nothing VS what's going on with the crooks in DC where it relates to China & spending us into oblivion.

I AGREE! However, both parties are whores to lobbyists....ethanol lobby, pharmaceutical lobby, oil...etc. We could stand to cute defense spending by closing some bases in locations that are less strategical, relocating those troops to our borders and ports. We can also cut waste within the defense department by stopping the outsourcing of certain tasks at mind numbingly stupid costs. Next, cut the EIC n half. Limit the numbee of pregancies the government will pay for to one. We don't need to pay for white trash to breed, nor black or brown trash. If you can't pay uour own mortgage or rent, and pay for your own insurance...don't have a kid. Finally, we need to give incentive to corporations and manufacturers to stay here or relocate here.

Oh- ya, both sides have scum politicians. The word politician and crooked/incompetent go hand in hand. The right represents more of my views but man do u gotta watch em all & dc has more crooks per capita than the penitentiary here in iowa.

I AGREE! However, both parties are whores to lobbyists....ethanol lobby, pharmaceutical lobby, oil...etc. We could stand to cute defense spending by closing some bases in locations that are less strategical, relocating those troops to our borders and ports. We can also cut waste within the defense department by stopping the outsourcing of certain tasks at mind numbingly stupid costs. Next, cut the EIC n half. Limit the numbee of pregancies the government will pay for to one. We don't need to pay for white trash to breed, nor black or brown trash. If you can't pay uour own mortgage or rent, and pay for your own insurance...don't have a kid. Finally, we need to give incentive to corporations and manufacturers to stay here or relocate here.

I agree on the defense spending cuts... Made me sick to see how money was being used. While over seas, we had 16,000 rounds of 5.56 ball ammo that had 'expired'?? So, they had EOD take it and blow ALL of it up with C-4 to dispose of it... They could have sold the crap to civilians back home and at least made their money back... Thousands of dollars of medical supplies, expired and tossed.. I've also helped do supply inventory at one of my units and I cringed at the prices that the goverment pays for some of the crap.. Cheap little wooden handled claw hammer was like $40.... Just a lot of stupid little crap that adds up probably 100's of millions of dollars. Another big problem that I saw, which is why so much was wasted in the first place is at the beginning of the fiscal year, units are given a budget to spend for the year. Right before the end of the fiscal year they have all of this money left in the budget they hadn't spent yet, so, just before the budget money expires, they go and blow it on a bunch of crap like new paint for the perfectly fine walls..

Do we not pay local sales tax for everything bought at Wal-Mart besides food? Does Wal-Mart not provide thousands of jobs to local people working them?[/QUOT

Oh great sales tax is kept here man thats a ton of money why not keep all that money here.
Great they do provide jobs but like i said do a little research on how much they pay their employees and how many of those employees are on some sort of state or federal aid because they dont make enough money. So now those local sales taxes are a being spent on walmart employees so all in all their sales tax is a wash.

Here you go Papajess:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-plans-buy-american-more-002909739.html

Looks like they employ a good number of people (including veterans) and also are upping their American products. Whats not to like?

Here you go Papajess:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-plans-buy-american-more-002909739.html

Looks like they employ a good number of people (including veterans) and also are upping their American products. Whats not to like?

The fact that they teach their employees how to milk the government for WIC, Food Stamps, and health care. They also put small business out of business. Amazing that my fellow republicans can't see that.

Hey risto maybe you didnt read the 335 BILLION thats a B in over seas shipping and products. Why not keep all that money here and keep/create jobs here in the US.
Yeah i realize they probably cant keep it all here but im sure they can keep 90% of it here and thats a lot of money spent in the US.

Hey risto maybe you didnt read the 335 BILLION thats a B in over seas shipping and products. Why not keep all that money here and keep/create jobs here in the US.
Yeah i realize they probably cant keep it all here but im sure they can keep 90% of it here and thats a lot of money spent in the US.

Papajess,

Sorry buddy I read that. I actually research a lot of these a lot more than the common person.

By your reaction no matter what they do you will have a reason not to like them anyway. They are keeping people employed and trying to do more to help the American economy. People do not have to work there. They have options.

They probably could keep more of it here if the Unions didn't want $60.00 an hour for a $12.00 an hour job.

Top Bottom