Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

walmart stopping ammo sales?

Ast least Obama is getting what he wanted. Even the republicans bitc#ing amongst themselves.
Definitely wants to divide this nation. :confused:
Both Parties keep feeding there "followers'" full of crap. Look at things objectively, how they relate to other areas of the economy, the big picture. The Dems aren't always wrong, and our side certainly is always right. The enviroment is an issue our side continually f's up.

Papajess,

Sorry buddy I read that. I actually research a lot of these a lot more than the common person.

By your reaction no matter what they do you will have a reason not to like them anyway. They are keeping people employed and trying to do more to help the American economy. People do not have to work there. They have options.

They probably could keep more of it here if the Unions didn't want $60.00 an hour for a $12.00 an hour job.

I would like walmart if they paid their employees right, bought US made products, and didnt bully companies on the price of their products.

I love that people are preaching buy American made products. It's great for this country. Problem is, our government is the main reason why products and companies are shipped over sea's to be produced.

Lets say you make a product that sells for 89 dollars. You buy the material here in America, go through the Union's to make sure everyone is getting a good pay check, and good benefits, jump through all the government agency hoops, to make sure the environment is safe, and your buildings are up to standard according to OSHA. Then you make sure the EPA agrees with your product, and finally you start production. By the time you are done, you have 115 dollars into a product you sell for 89 dollars.

You move the company over seas and produce it for 25 dollars and pay 15 dollars to have it shipped to the US.

I don't agree with it. 30 years ago America made all it's own products, and we bought rubber dog shit from over seas for novelty toys. Now days, all the products are produced over sea's and we produce the rubber dog shit.

If people would have stood ground back then, we would not be in the mess we are in now, meaning not the government get their sticky little fingers in every aspect of manufacturing a product.

Enough not to have to have government aid
What about a second job? What about taking some classes to make you more employable? What about getting your GED? What about learning English? Nothing is keeping these people working at Walmart but themselves. This is my problem with big pro union types is they just think it is their God given right to make big bucks. You have to put out some effort to improve your lifestyle.

I love that people are preaching buy American made products. It's great for this country. Problem is, our government is the main reason why products and companies are shipped over sea's to be produced.

Lets say you make a product that sells for 89 dollars. You buy the material here in America, go through the Union's to make sure everyone is getting a good pay check, and good benefits, jump through all the government agency hoops, to make sure the environment is safe, and your buildings are up to standard according to OSHA. Then you make sure the EPA agrees with your product, and finally you start production. By the time you are done, you have 115 dollars into a product you sell for 89 dollars.

You move the company over seas and produce it for 25 dollars and pay 15 dollars to have it shipped to the US.

I don't agree with it. 30 years ago America made all it's own products, and we bought rubber dog shit from over seas for novelty toys. Now days, all the products are produced over sea's and we produce the rubber dog shit.

If people would have stood ground back then, we would not be in the mess we are in now, meaning not the government get their sticky little fingers in every aspect of manufacturing a product.

Thats another problem with this country people want every thing so cheap to make a couple bucks. I would pay the difference in price for it to be made in america. But thats just me.

You completely missed the point. I am in the sales industry. You have to realize there is a breaking point for 95% of the people. 5% of the people will say it doesn't matter, they will buy. Your business won't survive off of those 5%.

If companies were not so restricted on regulations (there are a ton that are worthless, yet cost companies a lot of dollars) then they could produce a quality product at a higher price, make less margin in the product, but as long as they are moving inventory they WILL stay in business.

Take the democratic blinders off for one second, and realize that both parties have restricted company growth in the USA.

What about a second job? What about taking some classes to make you more employable? What about getting your GED? What about learning English? Nothing is keeping these people working at Walmart but themselves. This is my problem with big pro union types is they just think it is their God given right to make big bucks. You have to put out some effort to improve your lifestyle.

Your right they should go and get an education.
My problem with non union types are they dont know what the hell they are talking about. You read all the bad news and never the good news. I deserve my wage because i work my ass off and get the job done right.

Your right they should go and get an education.
My problem with non union types are they dont know what the hell they are talking about. You read all the bad news and never the good news. I deserve my wage because i work my ass off and get the job done right.

Unions have too much power in many cases..sorry papajess...if they didn't do such a good job of protecting the few crappy workers, I may have a change of heart. Having said that..there is a lot wrong when ASI or manpower, whores out employees to factories and get's $17 an hour, while the employe gets $9...It's bullshit..

Unions have too much power in many cases..sorry papajess...if they didn't do such a good job of protecting the few crappy workers, I may have a change of heart. Having said that..there is a lot wrong when ASI or manpower, whores out employees to factories and get's $17 an hour, while the employe gets $9...It's bullshit..

I used to have the same strong feelings about temp agencies and would agree that's pretty bad if you can actually prove that sort of wage difference. It did not take long to change my views after I became a plant manager and the responsibility to fill positions fell on me. I tried very hard to hire direct and it just was not working. Constant turn over, in 95% of the cases it was due to unreliability to even show up. I'm sure some are saying to pay more but for the work I need done I'm paying plenty. Now, I use a agency. Anyone who comes through my door has a legitimate shot at getting on my payroll. 95% still don't and I'm not looking for Rocket Scientists. Hell, showing up is 60% of this job and they can't do that. I snatch the ones up that do.

I used to buy into all the Walmart bashing in regards to how they treat their employees. Two things changed that. 1. Watching my friend start on the floor in a local store and move all the way up to having his own store. Hard work pays off even at the evil wally world. 2. Any time I'm in one I can see the lack of motivation in many of the employees. Especially when I want to check out.:mad:

I used to have the same strong feelings about temp agencies and would agree that's pretty bad if you can actually prove that sort of wage difference. It did not take long to change my views after I became a plant manager and the responsibility to fill positions fell on me. I tried very hard to hire direct and it just was not working. Constant turn over, in 95% of the cases it was due to unreliability to even show up. I'm sure some are saying to pay more but for the work I need done I'm paying plenty. Now, I use a agency. Anyone who comes through my door has a legitimate shot at getting on my payroll. 95% still don't and I'm not looking for Rocket Scientists. Hell, showing up is 60% of this job and they can't do that. I snatch the ones up that do.

I used to buy into all the Walmart bashing in regards to how they treat their employees. Two things changed that. 1. Watching my friend start on the floor in a local store and move all the way up to having his own store. Hard work pays off even at the evil wally world. 2. Any time I'm in one I can see the lack of motivation in many of the employees. Especially when I want to check out.:mad:

I agree, in general, I am disturbed at how fat, lazy, uneducated, and unmotivated Americans are becoming. It's saddening and disgusting. It's why our health care costs are so high.

Top Bottom