Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you do for a living?

I work for a large Agricultural Cooperative in western Minnesota. My main job is grain marketing, but I also work with advertising, our website & newsletter, and in human resources. Not much time in October to hunt, but after corn harvest I'm there. I believe the lack of time has helped me become a better hunter as this has forced me to learn more about deer; where I need to be and when. I keep journals of my hunts and this helps a bunch. Great post!

We have a lot of fire fighters here. Just something interesting I picked up on.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

I am a brain surgeon, as long as there are no other brain surgeons on this site! If there is then I'm in marketing for a community college in S.E. Iowa. P.S. We only work 4 days a week!
grin.gif
Alot of time to hunt....can't beat it.

Operations rep. for a company in Coralville for 8 yrs. Iowa resident for 34 yrs. I love Iowa and what it has to offer (hunting). Wife (not during hunting so she says), two sons and one daughter. I love it when a farmer tells me, "Yes you can hunt, kill as many as you can I have a lot of crop damage from deer." Right now I have too much land and too little time to hunt.
grin.gif

minister at a rural church in SE Kansas. who knows, maybe one day way down the line i'll join y'all up in iowa, lot of churches up there
smile.gif
i've always said if i move it'll be north, not south...

redesign engineer for cadillac a division of gen. motors.
(aka collision repair tech)
work for large cadillac lexus hummer jag volvo dealer in des moines
crash em up

[ QUOTE ]
I love it when a farmer tells me, "Yes you can hunt, kill as many as you can I have a lot of crop damage from deer." Right now I have too much land and too little time to hunt.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We can help you with that problem, Deer_Chaser!
smile.gif
smirk.gif

I own my own Human Resource Consulting business. I can hunt as much as I want, I just don't make any money when I don't work.

I am a whitetail only taxidermist. My love for these awesome animals inspired me to try to earn a living from them in some way. I learned my trade from Joe Meder. Anyone who knows anything about whitetail taxidermy knows that he is the best. Anyone in NE Iowa need a monster mounted?

Run a 70 cow dairy farm with my family in SE Wi. Also work full time at Mercury Marine as a Mfg. Engineer / Program Manager. My wife, 18 yr old daughter & 19 year old son cover for me on the farm in Oct., Nov., & Dec. so I can be in a tree. I've got a wonderful wife & great kids. My passion is bow hunting whitetails, & shed hunting.

i am a mech. engineer. i design equipment for a construction company in KC. i spent some time last summer up in DesMoines. our company was working on the I-235 Project near the capital.

Self employed fencing contractor. Was in the excavating and fencing business both until this year but the fencing demanded more and more time, so fencing it is. 100 times less headaches also.
grin.gif

well its all in my name yes thats what i do 8 trs full time and several prior as part time. other than that full time husband and almost retired dad lol

Almost 27 years now working with the Developmentally Disabled covering a broad spectrum of functions and needs...
including the Mentally, Physically & Socially Challenged as well as Forensics(Psychological & Criminal/Violent Behavioral Problems).

Needless to say the time I spend with my family and friends (as well as places like this)and ESPECIALLY in the outdoors...
puts it all back into perspective for me and keeps MY head straight, so I that I could keep doing what I do for so long!
doah.gif

>>--Ron--<>

I have 17 years as an aviation mechanic,for a major carrier and have my A&P certification.I currently work in the Heavy Maintenance Dept.,which overhauls Boeing aircraft for our company.My title is known as a "rigger",which deals with flight controls.I replace/fix flight controls surfaces,components and cables.Then rig the flight controls and do operational checks on them.And do the confidence checks with the test pilots up to test flight.Great job,just hope it last,the Airline industry hasn't been the same since 9-11,(Damn Ragheads)
30570-chair.gif

I own and manage a grocery store in s/w Iowa, along with big game taxidermy, a student of matuska 17 years ago. My wife said today as I,m getting ready to leave for Sask. I hunt for 7 months a year and I argued with her it's only 4 months a year give or take a week.
Jeff Haugland!

Top Bottom