Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you do for a living?

Truck Driver for Waste Management. Family sold to them 18 years ago, I shuttle garbage to the landfill, run 200 to 300 miles a day.

I just love traffic.......

biggun.gif

rambo.gif

2guns.gif

Some how, I missed this post when it started back in January of this year.
confused.gif

Since we have more members/PMA members/Life Members now I thought I would bring this post back to the front page and find out what the new members and anyone else that didn’t post the first time around do for a living.

As for me, I am a Registered Nurse. My job title is Charge Nurse on the acute psychiatric ward. I am employed by the State of Iowa and work at a state hospital. Very challenging and rewarding career.

As I am sure everyone else does, I really look forward to my peaceful days in the woods in a tree stand. Mother Nature is my form of therapy.
smile.gif

Computer programmer for a large Ag and Construction Equipment company which has the common colors of <font color="green">green</font> and <font color="yellow">yellow</font>

I've been an iowawhitetail.com member for a number of years (see profile) and can't recall a topic like this one. Great question and glad it made it's way back to the top. (I'm catching up for a 10 month layoff from browsing the forum much.)

I work full time for MUSCO sports lighting as a CNC programmer/operator. Musco lights all the Nascar tracks, many NFL stadiums, college football stadiums, b-ball arenas, baseball fields, but most importantly we had lighting trucks at ground zero within 24 hours for the search/recovery effort at 9-11. I am proud to work for a great company and we have a great team that all make it happen. I cannot complain in any way!

I also work "full time in the spring - summer" at home on boats and outboard motors as a hobby, but progressing rapidly after 10 years into a good business.

Also the V.P. of the Bowfishing Association of IA and an active member of the Bowfishing Association of America. I host several tournaments each year for both clubs.

In my spare time I have a wife and two kids..... Man that sounds bad doesnt it?

OK, I am also a full time dad!!! AND husband even though my wife wont agree.

Now you all know what I do or try to do.

Cool topic. I have spent the last 30 minutes reading what everyone does for a living. I'm a National Account Manager (sales) for the world's largest manufacturer of thermal processing equipment (smokehouses). Really big smokehouses and continuous process systems. I am a Meat Scientist by training (ISU Grad 1987-Forestry and 1990-Meat Science). My partner and I are also new land owners in south central Iowa (285 acres) and am I ever burning up the miles driving back and forth from Wisconsin.

Great post
I am an Associate Business Analyst. I write Visual Basic programs, build databases and dabble in webpage design.

I'm a Missouri State Trooper, married to an Iowa girl (Davenport) with three lovely little girls. I also teach part-time at a local college and am active in my church. Oh, and I love to hunt deer and turkeys with my Q2XL!

MO

Awesome post!!!! I am a middle physical education teacher and a high school freshman girls basketball coach. I am also a husband and in the near future will be a father......to a chocolate lab!!! No kids for the wife and I. We are both teachers and really enjoy our peace and quiet at night. Looking forward to the new addition in the future though.

I'm an Account Executive at the University of Iowa Community Credit Union (ain't that a mouthful) - in Coralville, Ia. Making loans and collecting deposits for members of the cooperative - occasionally collecting on loans from deadbeats too
grin.gif

liv4rut sorry to hear about your isu thing. But I am also a professional student only i'm at the great university of iowa. Go Hawks

My father, myself and my brother run our two auto dealerships. The long hours are hard on hunting but spend pretty much any free time in the woods doing something. I also am a volunteer firefighter.

Building and Grounds Maintenance Supervisor for a building that has 2 TV stations and 6 radio stations in it. We just bought a small chunk of land this last Spring back in our home town in Gods Country (Decorah, IA) and have a goal of hopefully moving back in the future.

Formally a light wheel vehicle mechanic in the National Guard, until deployed and eventually got hurt. I also owned my own Carpentry business, which was sold due to my injury in the military.

I spent 11 years as a Firefighter/EMT in Northern Iowa, until relocating back home in Southern Iowa to be closer to family.

I now am completing my Bachelors Degree in Business Management/Marketing at William Penn University and own a franchise called Fas-Break Windshield Repair. Got a crack or a rock chip in your windshield? I can fix it!

I also spent a little over 2 years as Reserve Deputy Sheriff.

Very cool post. It is nice to put a little more info into the old noggin to see what everybody else does besides hunt the whitetail deer. I myself am a firefighter in Omaha with "firedog" only bad thing is we are on opposite shifts
frown.gif

Senior Electrical Tech for Rockwell Collins @ the Eastern Iowa Airport in C.R. build test equipment and install electronics in customer Aircraft. Also a Roofing Contractor and Iowa Guardsman. Hunt any time I can.

P.S.
I was thinking that all of us in the C.R/I.C. area should get together some time for some beverages and hunting and fishing stories"lies".

I'm also a Firefighter/Paramedic/lieutenant for a department in NE Iowa. Do You Omaha firemen hunt the Loess Hills?

somehow i don't know how i missed this post earlier either. anyays, i work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, at a Lock and Dam project! i also do a lot of local welding for different buisnesses, towns, and local people(not much, but it makes me a little extra)

Machinist/Gunsmith, I get all the time off that I can afford. I spend all my time in the bush, any kind of hunting or fishing, Favorite thing of all is shed hunting.

Well im only 16 but i work at the Des Moines Scheels back in the hunting and fishing department. Want to do something either with business(sales or management) or something with engineering or acritecture (sp). I get the enginering from my dad, and then the business related side from mom, sister, and brother....plus im a pretty smooth talker and when im interested in something i go all out to learn about everything you'd ever need to know! lol...as you see i catch both angles and either way im going to ISU or possibly somewhere else if i get asked to play baseball through college.

Sorry for the long post lol
crazy.gif

huntn4life88

Top Bottom