Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land Slobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bearcatbaseball10 said:
My problem with this is the person is extremely disrespectful. Trash right under the stand and screw in steps is unexceptable. Plain and simple.

Agree sorry for the heat!

:drink1: Couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!

Actually disagree, I'm down in Iowa shed hunting and I decided to read this thread, not much on Tv so I clicked on this thread. Wow...kinda funny actually, it went from rules to litter to pheasants and back again. Definitely entertaining

Guys,

Please do your best to respect the posting rules. There are plenty of other sites that I think this type of "discussion" would fit right in. IW is not one of them.

Thank you :)

Thank you wapsiguy, you are right. I just got caught up on this thread today. The original intent was fine but some took it the wrong direction. A good discussion is fine but the name calling and disrespect won't be tolerated. Cool it down and keep it respectful guys.

Last edited:
Whats the problem???????? If a stand is left too long on public land........... Remove it, it's yours!! They don't wanna follow the law, DNR don't wanna deal with it!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! You own it!!!!!!!!!! If it bugs you that much,,,,,,,,,,,,,Take it!! The end!! :way:

Crockett said:
Whats the problem???????? If a stand is left too long on public land........... Remove it, it's yours!! They don't wanna follow the law, DNR don't wanna deal with it!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! You own it!!!!!!!!!! If it bugs you that much,,,,,,,,,,,,,Take it!! The end!! :way:

We call them thieves...if you don't like the stand hanging to long... Remove it and leave it at the tree then...you're taking longer to get on here and complain than what it would take to pull it down. Another victim hit there head on a stand? Tree stand strikes again!! ;) Tree stands 4 whiners 0

If it is left over the legal time it is considered trash and legal to take. Your not a thief your removing trash. What this post was originally about. :way:

-}}}---------->

Cooter said:
If it is left over the legal time it is considered trash and legal to take. Your not a thief your removing trash. What this post was originally about. :way:

-}}}---------->

So a parked car that is illegally parked for over the amount of allowed time is free to take? Come on you can't tell me that...

Different rules and different laws. If you leave your stand up and the DNR finds they will take it. Just like the police if you leave your car parked illegally.

Your car is registered to you so they know who owns it. Also they know who to write the ticket to. If you want to leave your stands up start putting your name on them so they can start sending you your fines :way:.

If you find a stand on public that is illegal and you take it you are doing the DNR and the public a favor.

It's simple follow the rules and you don't have to worry about it.

I have never taken a stand by the way.

-}}}---------->

Cooter said:
Different rules and different laws. If you leave your stand up and the DNR finds they will take it. Just like the police if you leave your car parked illegally.

Your car is registered to you so they know who owns it. Also they know who to write the ticket to. If you want to leave your stands up start putting your name on them so they can start sending you your fines :way:.

If you find a stand on public that is illegal and you take it you are doing the DNR and the public a favor.

-}}}---------->

There's no way it is in any way legal to take the stand...i agree with you about your name on your stand... Maybe Iowa should make it a law to put your name on stands on public land...

It is legal to take stands down after season, its in the regs... and the local officer told me that after multiple calls telling him about stands still up a month after season, he said take them down and they are yours...

Cooter said:

-}}}---------->

I would love to see you say that to a judge, "but judge it was left up to long so I thought I could take what isn't mine". Aka stealing.

papajess said:
I would love to see you say that to a judge, "but judge it was left up to long so I thought I could take what isn't mine". Aka stealing.

Yeah cause people go to court all the time for taking stands :confused:. When something is abandoned its not stealing.

Stop bickering here and call your CO and get his answer to this question. I don't think your gonna like his answer either though.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Here's a solution to the problem: take your stand down within 7 days of season being over.....then there's no worry. I have no desire to steal a stand even if it is up 'illegally'. I'll call the CO & let them deal with it.

flugge said:
It is legal to take stands down after season, its in the regs... and the local officer told me that after multiple calls telling him about stands still up a month after season, he said take them down and they are yours...

Because he's sick if your Whining phone calls...

Cooter said:
Stop bickering here and call your CO and get his answer to this question. I don't think your gonna like his answer either though.

Mobile Cooter using IW

"bickering"?? Look at the topic...you're bickering about a tree stand 20 feet up in a tree...

It's coming to the point where a handfull of you are going to have to agree to disagree because posting the same opinion over and over isn't getting anybody anywhere and the back and forth arguing isn't as amusing as it was 3 pages ago.

Back to the original topic, it annoys me to no end to find screw in steps and trash all over the timber from slob hunters.

muddy said:
It's coming to the point where a handfull of you are going to have to agree to disagree because posting the same opinion over and over isn't getting anybody anywhere and the back and forth arguing isn't as amusing as it was 3 pages ago.

Back to the original topic, it annoys me to no end to find screw in steps and trash all over the timber from slob hunters.

I see your point... People take advantage of public hunting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom