Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

walmart stopping ammo sales?

SS is a joke! i shouldn't be forced to contribute to a fund that will be depleted long before i retire! i should have the option to invest my retirement money on my own.

SS is a joke! i shouldn't be forced to contribute to a fund that will be depleted long before i retire! i should have the option to invest my retirement money on my own.

Won't disagree there, though it won't be deplete, you'll just be like me and get 75% of what we were supposed to, I was just pointing out that it is intellectually dishonest, and a partisan ploy by both sides to talk about SS taxes going up, when they were simply allowed to roll back to what they are supposed to be. To leave that at the lower rate would simply cause SS to have to raise retirement age sooner, and give less benefit. It makes we of a conservative tilt look not very bright when we use half truths and make dishonest comments. Especially when Obama and lib philosophy is so easily argued against with honest full truths.

I understand both are corrupt and I understand how The social security tax works. I also know that there are far better ways to make the money needed for social security than taxing the people. Allowing the payroll tax break to expire is on the entire administration and is a joke they couldn't find alternative means than raising our taxes to supplement ss. I think it is a joke that people say it isn't so bad we just got our 2% payroll tax reinstated, it could have been so much worse. Sad that people can't realize that that is exactly the thoughts they wanted us to have so we could feel good about paying the government more

JKratz...understand both parties of this two party system are corrupt. My SS taxes, and everyones, rolled back to their pre-tax holiday rates, as they were supposed to when the break was given? How people refuse to understand this is beyond me. Also, SS tax is the only way you pay for SS..It is it's own fund. We have lot's of reasons to not like Obama, we don't need fake reasons.

The pre-tax holiday rate was given to give people more money in their pockets. This money was then to be spent to help get us out of this recession.

Not trying to start a pis#ing war here but last I knew we are nowhere close to being out of this recession. By taking any money now IMO is going to hurt even worse.

People that do not have money to begin with now have less and people that have money to spend like most of us are going to hoard it and spend even less. Bad move. IMO

I understand both are corrupt and I understand how The social security tax works. I also know that there are far better ways to make the money needed for social security than taxing the people. Allowing the payroll tax break to expire is on the entire administration and is a joke they couldn't find alternative means than raising our taxes to supplement ss. I think it is a joke that people say it isn't so bad we just got our 2% payroll tax reinstated, it could have been so much worse. Sad that people can't realize that that is exactly the thoughts they wanted us to have so we could feel good about paying the government more

Dude, the payroll tax break was ALWAYS meant to be temporary. Enlighten me and the world on what other revenue source would be used? Either cut spending, which for SS the spending cut would be either kicking some people off, which I am fine with, or giving less of a percentage to my generation, which, I am planning on anyway. If anything it was freaking irresponsible as hell to ever cut the rate in the first place. We need to cut spending from the General fund for sure, but the it's more complex that just saying cut cut cut, if the economy were already rolling, then cutting would be perfect. Right now cuts have to be made carefully, though we could cut a hell of a lot of waste from government, including military.

The pre-tax holiday rate was given to give people more money in their pockets. This money was then to be spent to help get us out of this recession.

Not trying to start a pis#ing war here but last I knew we are nowhere close to being out of this recession. By taking any money now IMO is going to hurt even worse.

People that do not have money to begin with now have less and people that have money to spend like most of us are going to hoard it and spend even less. Bad move. IMO
It didn't work. Even though I run my republican caucus precinct, I think we need to spend on infrastructure projects that are not, Obama shovel ready, but truly freakn ready, like bridges, water mains, sewer systems, other forms of infrastructure. We should also end direct farm subsidies, kill the ethanol mandate, give tax breaks to companies who relocate to the US, tariff greedy f's who relocate elsewhere, and end the war on weed(huge waste of taxpayer $)

I think EVERYBODY should pay taxes! I have no problem with EVERYONE paying in.

We have to get out of this deficit somehow and it looks like nobody wants to cut federal spending. Even if federal spending is cut, I still think no one should get a free ride on taxes. And don't look at the "rich" or "big business" as the cash cow, everyone antes in.

If everyone shares the tax burden, they will become mad enough to call for real change, not Obama change.

Dude, the payroll tax break was ALWAYS meant to be temporary. Enlighten me and the world on what other revenue source would be used? Either cut spending, which for SS the spending cut would be either kicking some people off, which I am fine with, or giving less of a percentage to my generation, which, I am planning on anyway. If anything it was freaking irresponsible as hell to ever cut the rate in the first place. We need to cut spending from the General fund for sure, but the it's more complex that just saying cut cut cut, if the economy were already rolling, then cutting would be perfect. Right now cuts have to be made carefully, though we could cut a hell of a lot of waste from government, including military.

I Understand that the payroll tax break was temporary, it was suppose to helps in a time of need and as others have pointed out we still are in a pretty crappy economic time so I believe it was a mistake to not reup the tax break.

There are several ways to improve the social security funds. How about diversifying our investments, instead of chucking everything into 2% return treasury bonds lets invest a portion of the fund in private companies. Make the fund like any other pension, invest in both safe guarantee returns and higher risk/reward areas. Other countries have invested up to 20% of there social security in private companies and have been very successful. I know a lot of people dont like risk but for the younger generations it would be nice for them to see some of the money they have paid in 30 years from now.

I Understand that the payroll tax break was temporary, it was suppose to helps in a time of need and as others have pointed out we still are in a pretty crappy economic time so I believe it was a mistake to not reup the tax break.

There are several ways to improve the social security funds. How about diversifying our investments, instead of chucking everything into 2% return treasury bonds lets invest a portion of the fund in private companies. Make the fund like any other pension, invest in both safe guarantee returns and higher risk/reward areas. Other countries have invested up to 20% of there social security in private companies and have been very successful. I know a lot of people dont like risk but for the younger generations it would be nice for them to see some of the money they have paid in 30 years from now.

I would be ok with doing some diversification, but only up to a percentage of acceptable risk, a lot of people would have lost their ass a few years ago. The point is, the tax break was dumber than hell in the first place. You wanna increase jobs....we habe thousands of towns and cities with outdated water systems, sewer systems, roads, etc. Let's spend the $the now at lower wage rates than what we will spend in 10the to 20your years when they all collapse.

we habe thousands of towns and cities with outdated water systems, sewer systems, roads, etc. Let's spend the $the now at lower wage rates than what we will spend in 10the to 20your years when they all collapse.
Great point!

Let's dust off the TVA and make those on the public dole work for it. ;)

AnywAy....I was told by a manager at the local Wal-Mart a week ago and again today. They were told not to order ammo. They were told by corporate that by each store continuing to send in orders it was just backing things uo even further. Corporate said they would send it as they get it . So it simply sounds like supply and demand. There is a lot of us out there trying to stockpile and they can't keep up. You can't get .223 ANYWHERE!

You wanna increase jobs....we habe thousands of towns and cities with outdated water systems, sewer systems, roads, etc. Let's spend the $the now at lower wage rates than what we will spend in 10the to 20your years when they all collapse.

Terrible idea in my opinion. I already pay taxes/rates to support my local water systems, sewer systems, city roads ect. If they need improving they increase the rates to do so. Which means my money is being used to improve the system I use every day. The system which is run by local residents who pay the same rate increase as well and more importantly have to answer to their fellow residents/customers. No need to take more of my tax dollars and let Washington politicians funnel that money to a few cherry picked cities which helped get them elected.

I would be ok with doing some diversification, but only up to a percentage of acceptable risk, a lot of people would have lost their ass a few years ago. The point is, the tax break was dumber than hell in the first place. You wanna increase jobs....we habe thousands of towns and cities with outdated water systems, sewer systems, roads, etc. Let's spend the $the now at lower wage rates than what we will spend in 10the to 20your years when they all collapse.

Didn't some of the stimulus plan go for infrastructure? I think so. Lots of roads and bridges were built with this money. I personally think Obama thought it would get the unemployment numbers lower right at election time because it takes two to three years to get infrastructure plans going and the jobs going. Backfired and did not get the jobs he wanted IMO.

I agree that we need to get these areas updated but we are looking at laborer and equipment operator positions? Also like was said shouldn't some of our tax dollars already be funding some of these positions?
Until some cuts are required what we pay for taxes will never balance a budget. We need a budget before we can decide what to do?

Sorry Muddy for stealing your thread buddy. I think we are screwed anyway we look at it for four more years. IMO.

papajess said:
It works just fine for me because i will never shop at Walmart and neither should any American. For how much most of you guys do research for hunting and what not do yourself and this country a favor, do a little research on how bad walmart is. Go and support your local gun shops pay that extra buck for a box of ammo. It will help in the long run.

I didn't agree with much you had to say prior to the election but I agree with this. Walmart and big box stores have taken a serious toll on small town America. Alan Jacksons song "Little Man" comes to mind. Who gives a rip if Walmart carries ammo, help keep your second amendment rights in tact by keeping every small town gun shop in business as long as possible.

Last edited:
I don't think it'll be long, especially if the Libs get what they want, before it's difficult or even impossible to get some types of ammo at your local gun shop.

Is the "walmart is evil" discussion more about small businesses taking a beating or them not unionizing, just curious? Yes, I've heard all the "walmart is bad stuff" & no, I honestly don't agree with everything walmart does. I do find it ironic that a huge portion of folks who get the "benefits" of Walmart's "low costs" are likely Libs & those on gov assistance (and vote left).

honestly though, I don't really care about walmart in particular here too much, we got a lot bigger problems with our rights, debts, unconstitutional & crooked politicians, etc. I absolutely believe whole-heartily, this is the most distructive, suicidal, corrupt & incompetent Government we've ever had. We're in deep crap. Some of the only things you can trust are your "Guns & religion" right now, the things most the left despises & fights against.

How about we quit paying people to not work. I know a guy that hasn't worked a single day in 3+yrs. His tax return last year was $9000+. Get rid of the EIC. How the heck do you get a credit for earned income when you don't earn any :confused:. Multiply his return times all of the other welfare cases and we could probably afford to lower something.

Top Bottom