Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Let the smack talk begin!

Yep, Teeroy, Syracuse really mixed it up on that goaline series! I kept thinking they'd run a bootleg or an option on the right and bam, they'd keep trying to bang it inside.

Between Meyer, Blythe, Flynn and Koch, the Hawks won't have it nearly as easy in the same situation.

[ QUOTE ]
Or this one!

446gearxg1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The cyclone stuff is on the dollar menu and the hawk stuff is regular price.

I believe that the hawks will not allow ISWho to run the ball and that will make them one deminsional. The hawks defense hasn't really been tested by a good offense. Should be a good game. The hawks will need to have better play calling this week than they did against SYracuse. Iowa 30- ISWHo 13

[ QUOTE ]
Nebraska, are you serious? They're just as terrible as ISU. There is no excuse for not being able to easily win the big 12 north every single year. I mean lets be honest who is there even to contend with? Baylor? (oh wait I guess the clones did help them end their losing streak.) If you can't even make it to the big 12 championship game I'd hate to see what you looked like after the BIG TEN got through with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be CRAZY.... The (soft) 10 don't even have a championship game. So that can't hardly be a measuring stick. That's why the (weak) ten are always fighting about who's the champ.... Ohio Spit is your only chance this year, and they are suspect... Nebraska beat your co Big 10 champion last year, and would do the same to Iowa... Rewind to Eric Crouch carrying your safety in to the endzone and the inevitable blow out in Iowa City. We have to play Nicholls State (Barber College) because most teams are scared to schedule us..... Sure Nebraska isn't what they were (3 Championships in 5 years) but wouldn't you like to know how it feels to win a National Title? And erase your Rose Bowl appearences. Never mind, you forgot to show up........ No matter how you slice it, any program within a 1000 miles of Lincoln are scrubs.... When they start talking about your programs with the words (Storied) after them, let me know........ ISU 7 - Iowa 3 in the Battle of the No Skills.......
laugh.gif

As far as Iam concerned Iowa is always sub par at the beggining of the year and in bowl games when they have that month in a half rest. But you don't want to meet them when they are going against the TOUGHEST conference (Big Ten) in the nation week after week. Sorry Split but if Nebraska had to play in the big ten and not that sorry north conf. they would be the baylor of it now.

Since Neb. went to the throwing Offense they will never be called "storied" ever again. Yes, Neb. USED to be awesome but times have changed and so did using "great team" and "Nebraska" in the same sentence.

If there was a playoff system in place Iowa would have a championship! Instead they have to wait over a month to play where I guess Neb. only has had to wait a few weeks since they are usually playing at the beggining of the bowl season.
grin.gif

I haven't even said anything about ISU because it doesn't matter they will once again be Iowa's door mat with Iowa's 35-7 victory!

GO HAWKS!

Wow. JNRBRONC, that was low. I played baseball at ISU and it's probably good for the Hawks that we don't still have a team. We used to beat up on them quite a bit.
State's defense is young and inexperienced. Not sure how this one will turn out. Iowa at home will be tough, but I think we can pull it out.
Clones 21
Hawks 14.

Just gotta jump in on this one...

Go clones...who cares about the score as long as it's a W! At any rate..I'd love to be there for it. Those instate rival games are the best...especially at the bar afterwards!

I'm with DOR...I'll be in a treestand hopefully thumping slickheads.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. JNRBRONC, that was low. I played baseball at ISU and it's probably good for the Hawks that we don't still have a team. We used to beat up on them quite a bit.
State's defense is young and inexperienced. Not sure how this one will turn out. Iowa at home will be tough, but I think we can pull it out.
Clones 21
Hawks 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played baseball at Grand View. Would've played at ISU but I wasn't a big fan of Bobby Randal. Anyways, we weren't even a Divison 1 school, and we thumped Iowa pretty bad.
grin.gif

Man, the infighting. Gotta love it. I will be sitting in a tree with my 11 year old and his trusty 20 guage slug slinger.
GO CLONES!

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Neb. USED to be awesome but times have changed and so did using "great team" and "Nebraska" in the same sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put, what the is this stupid Nebraska talk anyway?....

Go Clones!

Nebraska came up because Iowa and Iowa State isn't worth talking about..... All programs go through a rebuilding period, except for Iowa and ISU. They pretty much stink no matter how many times they rebuild..... Don't worry Iowa and ISU fan, I'm sure Bill Callahan will let your coaches come to Lincoln and admire the hardware....... When your teams are done stinking up the TV Saturday, turn it over and see what real programs play like.... Nebraska & USC..... That is if Iowa fan can stand to see anything played in or around the Rose Bowl.... Do you smell something??????? ISU 7 - Iowa 3

[ QUOTE ]
All programs go through a rebuilding period, except for Iowa and ISU. They pretty much stink no matter how many times they rebuild.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a fan of Iowa but I think it is utterly rediculous to say that Iowa or Iowa State stink at football. That seems to be an ignorant and unfounded statement especially against Iowa. I understand the importance of promoting your team but saying that other teams stink just because they aren't your team kinda makes you look like an uninformed idiot. Iowa has a pretty good program and you gotta give them at least that much.
smirk.gif

Let me smack you in the head with this, here is the all time record for Iowa since 1945:

Iowa Hawkeyes 633 Games 312W 303L 18 Ties .507..... 11 9 1 in bowl appearences........ So before you call people uninformed idiots, type in College Football All Time Records and look for yourself...... I'll leave the idiot out, but you are the one that's uninformed........ Or have Black and Gold blinders on...... By the way Nebraska is 467 W and 178 L with 45 bowl apperences (Double that of Iowa)with a .533 av. in the post season. Also, higher than Iowa's (All Time win percentage)....... So like I said, YOU STINK..... If you rebuilded every year, you still couldn't win a National Title...... Sorry to burst your bubble! And ISU, I'll save you the pain........ Remember fan is short for FANATIC.... Or in Nebraska's case FANTASTIC...... So there are no winners in this conversation....... Go BIG RED....... You can't run with the Big Dogs when your still peeing with the pups..... Good luck in the Tidey Bowl.......

[ QUOTE ]
Let me smack you in the head with this, here is the all time record for Iowa since 1945:

Iowa Hawkeyes 633 Games 312W 303L 18 Ties .507..... 11 9 1 in bowl appearences........ So before you call people uninformed idiots, type in College Football All Time Records and look for yourself...... I'll leave the idiot out, but you are the one that's uninformed........ Or have Black and Gold blinders on...... By the way Nebraska is 467 W and 178 L with 45 bowl apperences (Double that of Iowa)with a .533 av. in the post season. Also, higher than Iowa's (All Time win percentage)....... So like I said, YOU STINK..... If you rebuilded every year, you still couldn't win a National Title...... Sorry to burst your bubble! And ISU, I'll save you the pain........ Remember fan is short for FANATIC.... Or in Nebraska's case FANTASTIC...... So there are no winners in this conversation....... Go BIG RED....... You can't run with the Big Dogs when your still peeing with the pups..... Good luck in the Tidey Bowl.......

[/ QUOTE ]

offtopic.gif

Nebraska's fans have earned the reputation as "the greatest fans in college football" because they have always treated opposing teams and their fans with respect (regardless of who they cheer for), and I'd like to keep it that way.

Top Bottom