Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Let the smack talk begin!

As most of you guys know, I can run the smack from time to time..........
grin.gif
But seriously, It's all in good fun........ Later!

Yea... my lil bro is gunna be goin out for youth season for his first deer hunt.... we plan on killin a monster buck
893shocked-thumb[1].gif
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
haha but then we are gunna come home and watch the game.... pre darn sure IOWA IS GUNNA KICK SUM BUTT!!!

ya know split, "those that live in the past die in the past"

I think Neb. just needs to start bringing back all them criminals they used to have on the team when they used to be good. Maybe that was the secret.
grin.gif

Hawks should win, but as witnessed last week, we have a slow start in September. It's just lucky we keep playing until JANUARY!! Yes, cloners, there are college football games that are played shortly before and after the New Year. Actually, many of them are played in warm weather states and some even on turf that isn't blue. Granted, the clones definitly have a good chance to win. But I really think they might be looking past the Hawks this year. Eying another conference championship...or..1/2 of a conference championship. Was it last year that they had $5-10 tickets towards the end of the season and the stadium was still not quite full? I'll take Kinnick and the Hawks win or lose. Granted, I would love to see Blythe as a Hawk, he is a definite gamer! Reminds me of how Hinkel played. Man I miss Ed H. after just 2 games.

Split- My feeling on Neb. is this..they were a dynasty for years and racked up some incredible wins within their conf and bowls. But if a conference is so dominated by 1-2 teams like the b12 has been for years, it wouldn't be hard to build the win column. All Tom O. had to do is cake walk through every b12 game until they played OU or Texas. Then flip a coin depending on the year to see who would win (usually very equal squads) Either way it would just give them at the most 1 loss in the conference. After the OU game, mend and rest your players until the next hard fought game (bowl game).

Thought I'd share these, I received them in an email this morning:

A Burlington, Iowa farmer was milking his cows one day when he heard faint music coming from nearby. After hunting for a time, he discovered the sound was loudest near one particular calf, and was even louder near the calf's tail. Putting his head close to the calf's hind end, he heard the unmistakable Iowa State fight song.
Amazed, the next day he put the calf in his truck and drove the animal to a Veterinarian in Ames, Iowa. When the vet asked him what was going on, the farmer told him. The vet went around behind the calf and listened. He agreed he heard the Iowa State fight song, but didn't seem particularly excited.

"Man, how can you stand there and not be amazed?!?!", the farmer asked. The vet, a third generation University of Iowa graduate, said, "Bud, I'm a Hawkeye, and I've been listening to a$$holes sing that song all of my life!!"

Dan McCarney, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Cyclones flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Dan," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Dan felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Black and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Hawkeye flag, and in every window, a Hawkeye symbol.

Dan looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was a good coach, I went to three consecutive bowl games, and I turned around Iowa State's entire program."

God said "So what do you want to know, Dan?"

"Well, why does Kirk Ferentz get a better house than me?"
God chuckled, and said "Dan, that's not Kirk's house, it's mine."

Can't wait til Saturday!
grin.gif

30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Oh, man, those were funny! Since my grandfather from Mount Pleasant was a die-hard Hawkeyes fan during his lifetime, I guess my loyaties lie with the black and gold for the Iowa vs. ISU game. Go Hawks!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure Bill Callahan will let your coaches come to Lincoln and admire the hardware.......

[/ QUOTE ]
What hardware has Callahan collected for Nebraska?

"NIGHT BEFORE KICKOFF"

'Twas the night before kickoff, two-thousand and six and the Cyclones were headed out east to the sticks.
The 16th of September, the calendar said, for the series owned lately by the good guys in red.

The Hawk players nestled in their low-income housing, while all of their fans got their monthly de-lousing.
The Cyclones had won the last six out of eight As the billboard had stated, “It’s a Cyclone State”.

It was a Saturday morning on ESPN,
And both teams were desperate to leave with a win.
As the tailgaters partied in the lots around Kinnick, Captain Kirk’s injury report made each Cyclone a cynic.

Then from the pink locker room came such a noise, It was Dan Mac’s, and Barney’s and Skladany’s boys!
The Red Storm was focused, and ready to brawl, And that’s when McCarney gave out a call:
"Now Meyer! Now Jackson!
Now, Curvey and Flynn!
On, T-Blythe ! On, Shaggy!
On Tuba!, Let’s win!
To the flip of the coin!
To the kick of the ball!
Now dash away! Dash away!
Dash away all!"

The Cyclones call ‘tails’, and of course they deferred, And the opening kickoff went to the gold bird.
The Hawks returned it to their own 33,
Who starts at quarterback?, I guess we’ll see.

The Cyclone defense starts the game very stout, Even with the Tater, the Hawks go three and out.
They punt it away, down to old number 3, And the Baumeister takes it to Hawk territory.

Bret comes under center with the endzone in sight, and Todd Blythe and Jon Davis split out left and right.
He fakes it to Stevie, then drops back to throw, It’s a deep seam to Nickel, he’s gone!, ..7-oh!

The Cyclone offense has awakened from sleep And the Hawk defense feels they got hit by a Jeep!
For three twenty three, the Clone offense would throw, and 110 for Stevie, oh my , what a show!

The Hawk offense also moved the ball very fine, In fact, their total was 359.
But the Tot threw two picks, one was to Bowen, And like the battery rabbit, he kept goin’ and goin’.

Both teams had some positive stories to tell, It surprised the whole state that they both played so well.
But the bottom line at the end is the score, And it read Cyclones 31, Hawks 24.

So the Hawk fans went home to their double-wide dwelling, to think of excuses they could begin telling.
The Cyclones were winners, it really felt great, Jamie’s new board will read, “It’s STILL A Cyclone State”

Re: "NIGHT BEFORE KICKOFF"

Limb, What's your point? Every student at ISU is handed out a pair of Velcro gloves the first day of class
smile.gif
It's gonna be sweet hunting that evening and hearing the Hawks crying all the way down to Burlington when the Cyclones stomp their A$$
blush.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Sheep are a heck of a lot better than what the Hawks are used to, MEN
grin.gif
grin.gif
Have fun watching the game guys, Drink one for me
beerchug.gif

You should of seen what I was wearing after the Pep Rally, and a few cold ones.
grin.gif
grin.gif
We went streaking.....With the Sheep
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Iowa receiver Davis out for season
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
Associated Press
Posted: 1 day ago

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Iowa wide receiver Calvin Davis is expected miss the rest of the season after tearing his right Achilles' tendon.

Coach Kirk Ferentz said Thursday the injury occurred Wednesday in practice.
Davis, a fifth-year senior and starter, had just two receptions for the 16th-ranked Hawkeyes, who host rival Iowa State on Saturday.

Freshman Dominique Douglas and sophomore Andy Brodell should see more playing time in Davis' absence.

Tight end Scott Chandler leads the team with 10 catches and a pair of touchdowns through two games.

Sorry guys, looks like one of your hawks has a bad leg.......

Iowa Stink continues to roll with 7 of the last 9......

Top Bottom